Mzlin35

I-130 March 2018 filers [merged threads]

2,480 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, MrsB2212 said:

Yes but muffin we can still be rejected! After all that waiting❗️❗️❗️❗️ 😣😟. It’s terrible. 

I thought we were just waiting for the visa now 🤯🤦🏾‍♀️😞. So really we are no further than anything. 😣

yes im going on a cruise with hubby in 4weeks 😃😃. Hopefully I gain entry!

Edited by MrsB2212

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
1 hour ago, MrsB2212 said:

Yes but muffin we can still be rejected! After all that waiting❗️❗️❗️❗️ 😣😟. It’s terrible. 

I thought we were just waiting for the visa now 🤯🤦🏾‍♀️😞. So really we are no further than anything. 😣

I told my husband and said

#######?? We not approved yet?? Are you serious? After they been cashed my damn check?? 😂😂😂😂 naw I want a refund. 😂😂😂

yes im going on a cruise with hubby in 4weeks 😃😃. Hopefully I gain entry!

Well on the bright side it’s usually RFE before they reject and if you have a real relationship they don’t usually reject. 

(Like have proof of relationship and etc and not like just met and got married and now I want to go over tHing) :) 

Tell your husband too late, now that they cashed it, even if he pull back the petition he will not be able to get a refund lol. USCIS don’t do refunds 😂😂

you should be fine :D just remember to be prepared and bring evidence to show that you will be leaving after that. ;) so that if even if they want to check you, you have proof to assure them you will leave. 

Better to be safe than sorry ;) 

5 hours ago, Muffinji said:

Eh wait o.e; even if you didn’t know what the wait was about, you were already expecting the wait right?

it don’t really change the wait time from what you expected in the beginning? So Uhm no need to feel depressed. 

Just part of the entire process :) 

We are all in this together~ 

well, aren’t you going to go see your husband soon? :D 

Edit : some examples of timelines so you can see what happens in the process : Usually after final interview is issuance of visa. :) 

D2232ED8-8627-41A4-B788-42BC0B8633B7.thumb.jpeg.32d8f676a34cc0889eab79a433b83d57.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Muffinji said:

Well on the bright side it’s usually RFE before they reject and if you have a real relationship they don’t usually reject. 

(Like have proof of relationship and etc and not like just met and got married and now I want to go over tHing) :) 

Tell your husband too late, now that they cashed it, even if he pull back the petition he will not be able to get a refund lol. USCIS don’t do refunds 😂😂

you should be fine :D just remember to be prepared and bring evidence to show that you will be leaving after that. ;) so that if even if they want to check you, you have proof to assure them you will leave. 

Better to be safe than sorry ;) 

😂 he was like honey relax. Just let it do what I’ll do. 

So im trying to relax. 

You’re right -  We legit. We honest. and we submitted as much evidence as possible and followed the proper channels so I’m not gonna worry anymore. It doesn’t help! 😬

Yes i I need to prepare for my trip. 

Can I take a copy like a photo of the Noa 1 hubby sent or does hubby have to send me the original noa1 to travel with?

Timeline
1 minute ago, MrsB2212 said:

😂 he was like honey relax. Just let it do what I’ll do. 

So im trying to relax. 

You’re right -  We legit. We honest. and we submitted as much evidence as possible and followed the proper channels so I’m not gonna worry anymore. It doesn’t help! 😬

Yes i I need to prepare for my trip. 

Can I take a copy like a photo of the Noa 1 hubby sent or does hubby have to send me the original noa1 to travel with?

A copy will be enough because if they wanted to check, they will probably be able to see it in their system I think ;) 

You need more things like house lease/ letter from your company/ boss saying you’ll be back at work after the trip / work leave approval/ if you’re a student then your offer letter / student id mostly they just want to know you have valid reason to go back home after your trip. 

Just now, Muffinji said:

A copy will be enough because if they wanted to check, they will probably be able to see it in their system I think ;) 

You need more things like house lease/ letter from your company/ boss saying you’ll be back at work after the trip / work leave approval/ if you’re a student then your offer letter / student id mostly they just want to know you have valid reason to go back home after your trip. 

Ok great. 

I need to get a binder going and start putting in this stuff. 

Funny enough i enrol at post grad nursing school the week before the cruise. So I’ll have my school paperwork- thank for the heads up!

Timeline
Just now, MrsB2212 said:

Ok great. 

I need to get a binder going and start putting in this stuff. 

Funny enough i enrol at post grad nursing school the week before the cruise. So I’ll have my school paperwork- thank for the heads up!

Yep~ just the offer letter and proof your enrolled as a student should be enough. And also your flight ticket back ;p 

More than once in the past I have been allowed in on my tourist visa after 

1. Confirming I’m still a student back home 

2. Informing the officer I’ve been in USA before - and they check my record

3. Have flight tickets back :P 

- if only flight tickets weren’t so pricy.. I’d consider visiting while waiting for paperwork to be done 😂 

Also on a side note, there are less filers from like jan-march this year compare to 2016 and 2017 so maaaaaybe we will be lucky and it will move faster soon? Lol 

(well only from the forums, but I’m assuming no of people in the forums follow the total that USCIS receive)  

11 minutes ago, Muffinji said:

Thank you ! That’s part of my check list now. 

Im on the WVP so I hope it’s drama free. 

If if it’s cool I will visit again but I hope my next trip this year will be with all the paperwork stamped 🙌🏾

Oh oh I just hope we got approved and it’s finalised asap! We wanted to be together for thanks giving and Christmas as husbands and wife no longer apart 🙏🏾  

On 3/22/2018 at 3:23 PM, MrsB2212 said:

Our package was received at Phoenix lockbox today! Signed sealed and delivered! It’s theirs! 😂

Do I count 10 business days from today to receive the NOA1??

I am going to visit hubby for 3 weeks in May, and hope to have something, the NOA, to show the border security that we are in progress. 

Anyone travelled to visit USC spouses with I130 in progress, and been ok?

Hello i had the same question a few weeks ago when my wife was getting ready to visit me while her I-130 is in progress. the short answer is: you are OK.

I spoke to 3 separate Immigration officers at the airport on this and all three told me " it is all about intent" as long as the foreign spouse shows intent- aka a return ticket back home- you are fine. Also they mentioned that as long as the foreign spouse does not spend 5 months in the US, go back home for 2 weeks then return for another 5 months- stuff like that.

And so she visited , we had a lovely time. She stayed for 6 days and returned back to her home country. No issues. 

I hope this helps. we also filed in March 2018 and waiting for NOA2. Waiting is THE worst!

2 hours ago, Arcangel said:

Hello i had the same question a few weeks ago when my wife was getting ready to visit me while her I-130 is in progress. the short answer is: you are OK.

I spoke to 3 separate Immigration officers at the airport on this and all three told me " it is all about intent" as long as the foreign spouse shows intent- aka a return ticket back home- you are fine. Also they mentioned that as long as the foreign spouse does not spend 5 months in the US, go back home for 2 weeks then return for another 5 months- stuff like that.

And so she visited , we had a lovely time. She stayed for 6 days and returned back to her home country. No issues. 

I hope this helps. we also filed in March 2018 and waiting for NOA2. Waiting is THE worst!

Hello!

Thank you SO much for the reassurance!

I can’t wait to see my husband. 

So I’ll be sure have all my documents straight as I do have a return ticket and I’m enrolling into grad school next month so I can show all this as well. 

I also plan plan to spend a short time there as well. 

Timeline
23 hours ago, Shanshanjamrock said:

I have a question if I'm filing for more than one kids do i fill  individual i-130 or i can just use one paper for my 3 step kids

It’s stated clearly in the official instructions a separate form for each eligible relative. i-130instr.pdf?download=1

Please read through the instructions first. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.