Mzlin35

I-130 March 2018 filers [merged threads]

2,480 posts in this topic

On 03/04/2018 at 9:15 AM, Muffinji said:

I am not sure about USCIS  but I know that our visa and green card will be issued in whatever name our passport is. Hence, I’m currently in The process of legally changing my name here in my country to be able to get a new passport in my married name. (The application for name change here can take up to a few months). (If it goes according to plan, i’ll Have my new passsport in my married name before I start nvc phase) 

if your visa/ green card is in your maiden name, you’ll have to pay money & apply for it to be changed next time if you want to use your married name. (Which I feel will be a pain to deal with... so I’d rather get it all settled now) 

however, as that was my plan from the beginning, we filed the I-130 with my married name. I’ve read cases where some in this forum had updated their name with USCIS. So I think it won’t be an issue. 

Hubby got NOA letter. 

We are at TEXAS service Center. Is this good or bad?

Hubby got NOA letter. 

How do I check if we need to put in  a K3?

thanks 

Edited by MrsB2212

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
6 hours ago, MrsB2212 said:

Hubby got NOA letter. 

Hubby got NOA letter. 

How do I check if we need to put in  a K3?

thanks 

Congrats! 

Texas! Yay! For now good I think. ;D it’s among the fastest for now. 

^ need to say its good cause im stuck there too! Positive vibes~ and hope it somehow gets passed to the staff working there to work magic! :P 

Well the thing with the K3 is originally it was for spouse to enter earlier before Visa was done but I read that it’s kinda of no longer relevant/ being phased out. However I’ve seen a few cases where they did k3 - I-129 and for USCIS to deny I-129 they need to approve I-130 so they get their I-130 approved faster by a month or two. 

<- being lazy so I didn’t want to bother bugging my husband to file another petition lol he will probably be annoyed and rather wait an extra month.. lol 

You can try and find out if it works if you want~ and let us know the result. Haha 👍😝

Edited by Muffinji

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahrain
Timeline

Anyone has any idea about the current processing times in Nebraska Service Center? 

I've heard that the dates given in the USCIS site are not accurate and that they might be processing cases much further than the dates given on the site..

If anyone knows anything about this.. Please reply! 

Thanks...

Edited by rose098

Timeline
1 hour ago, rose098 said:

Anyone has any idea about the current processing times in Nebraska Service Center? 

I've heard that the dates given in the USCIS site are not accurate and that they might be processing cases much further than the dates given on the site..

If anyone knows anything about this.. Please reply! 

Thanks...

http://www.visajourney.com/content/times/

the average processing case for members here is sept 10, however, I’ve read that Nebraska has had a few Oct approvals too. You can check the timelines, filter out Nebraska and I-130 NOA2 

or this : 

8FBDA5AF-81C6-496E-BCF4-71C71BFC72E1.jpeg

Edited by Muffinji

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahrain
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Muffinji said:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/times/

the average processing case for members here is sept 10, however, I’ve read that Nebraska has had a few Oct approvals too. You can check the timelines, filter out Nebraska and I-130 NOA2 

Omg.. Thankyou so much.. I was really worried when i saw that they're processing cases of May in USCIS Site.. 

Does the site that you gave get updated often?

Timeline
13 minutes ago, rose098 said:

Omg.. Thankyou so much.. I was really worried when i saw that they're processing cases of May in USCIS Site.. 

Does the site that you gave get updated often?

That site gets updated when the members here update their timeline ;) 

its linked to the timeline of members here which is why we always are asked to update our timelines so that we are able to help those in the same situation as us :D 

Timeline

@MrsB2212 good news for Texas service centre. I saw the first approval /NOA 2 in the forum for November from Texas service centre ! Getting closer to us! 🤣 

464F3A7E-21B3-44B1-9BF2-65A4A7852370.jpeg

1 hour ago, Muffinji said:

@MrsB2212 good news for Texas service centre. I saw the first approval /NOA 2 in the forum for November from Texas service centre ! Getting closer to us! 🤣 

464F3A7E-21B3-44B1-9BF2-65A4A7852370.jpeg

Muffin I don’t think I understand 🤔. The NOa 2 approved from November?

so the text message.

Then the letter in the mail. (This is Noa1 right?)

Then we need another letter / approval? Ie : are waiting for Texas to say we are approved?

Then what’s next?

too much. 🤯A bit lost 😬

21 hours ago, Muffinji said:

Congrats! 

Texas! Yay! For now good I think. ;D it’s among the fastest for now. 

^ need to say its good cause im stuck there too! Positive vibes~ and hope it somehow gets passed to the staff working there to work magic! :P 

Well the thing with the K3 is originally it was for spouse to enter earlier before Visa was done but I read that it’s kinda of no longer relevant/ being phased out. However I’ve seen a few cases where they did k3 - I-129 and for USCIS to deny I-129 they need to approve I-130 so they get their I-130 approved faster by a month or two. 

<- being lazy so I didn’t want to bother bugging my husband to file another petition lol he will probably be annoyed and rather wait an extra month.. lol 

You can try and find out if it works if you want~ and let us know the result. Haha 👍😝

Ok well yaay! 🙌🏾 If Texas is working fast. 

So like when can we realistically expect them to finish. I don’t really understand the time lines. 

Hehe 😂 hubby already annoyed with me. Bugged him to death about Noa1.🤪 I can’t see him making k3 if it’s not essential. 

So texas is the one who says our petition is approved right?

Timeline

@MrsB2212 Uhm someone that filed their I-130 in November 2017 that was also sent to TSC got their NOA-2 already

so now that we got our NOA-1, we wait till TSC(or whatever service centre you’re at) to send us NOA-2 which would be the notice to say they approved/ rejected the petition. And after that they will send it to the Department of State if approved for NVC processing :) 

So whole process is technically 

Petition (USCIS- TSC) -> Visa (DOS-NVC& embassy ) 

9 minutes ago, Muffinji said:

@MrsB2212 Uhm someone that filed their I-130 in November 2017 that was also sent to TSC got their NOA-2 already

so now that we got our NOA-1, we wait till TSC(or whatever service centre you’re at) to send us NOA-2 which would be the notice to say they approved/ rejected the petition. And after that they will send it to the Department of State if approved for NVC processing :) 

So whole process is technically 

Petition (USCIS- TSC) -> Visa (DOS-NVC& embassy ) 

😱.... so wait. We still haven’t been approved?? 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

I thought we got approved ALREADY at the lockbox and that’s why they sent it to TSC?? 

🤦🏾‍♀️

This is is terrible 😞

Edited by MrsB2212

Timeline
3 minutes ago, MrsB2212 said:

😱.... so wait. We still haven’t been approved?? 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

I thought we got approved ALREADY at the lockbox and that’s why they sent it to TSC?? 

🤦🏾‍♀️

Uhm no lol lockbox was ACCEPTED for processing. :P 

its now processing in TSC and they will contact you with NOA-2 when Approved ;) - that is why we are waiting for like the 5-6 months for. :P 

Edited by Muffinji

2 minutes ago, Muffinji said:

Uhm no lol lockbox was ACCEPTED for processing. :P 

its now processing in TSC and they will contact you with NOA-2 when Approved ;) - that is why we are waiting for like the 5-6 months for. :P 

😞 permission to curl up into a ball 😞

Timeline
8 minutes ago, MrsB2212 said:

😞 permission to curl up into a ball 😞

Eh wait o.e; even if you didn’t know what the wait was about, you were already expecting the wait right?

it don’t really change the wait time from what you expected in the beginning? So Uhm no need to feel depressed. 

Just part of the entire process :) 

We are all in this together~ 

well, aren’t you going to go see your husband soon? :D 

Edit : some examples of timelines so you can see what happens in the process : Usually after final interview is issuance of visa. :) 

D2232ED8-8627-41A4-B788-42BC0B8633B7.thumb.jpeg.32d8f676a34cc0889eab79a433b83d57.jpeg

Edited by Muffinji

3 hours ago, Muffinji said:

Eh wait o.e; even if you didn’t know what the wait was about, you were already expecting the wait right?

it don’t really change the wait time from what you expected in the beginning? So Uhm no need to feel depressed. 

Just part of the entire process :) 

We are all in this together~ 

well, aren’t you going to go see your husband soon? :D 

Edit : some examples of timelines so you can see what happens in the process : Usually after final interview is issuance of visa. :) 

D2232ED8-8627-41A4-B788-42BC0B8633B7.thumb.jpeg.32d8f676a34cc0889eab79a433b83d57.jpeg

Yes but muffin we can still be rejected! After all that waiting❗️❗️❗️❗️ 😣😟. It’s terrible. 

I thought we were just waiting for the visa now 🤯🤦🏾‍♀️😞. So really we are no further than anything. 😣

I told my husband and said

#######?? We not approved yet?? Are you serious? After they been cashed my damn check?? 😂😂😂😂 naw I want a refund. 😂😂😂

yes im going on a cruise with hubby in 4weeks 😃😃. Hopefully I gain entry!

Edited by MrsB2212

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.