Mzlin35

I-130 March 2018 filers [merged threads]

2,480 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Mmefall said:

QUESTION!!

the photos we upload to NVC are passport style photos right? For the civil documents? The NVC page doesnt even list photographs in this step as apart of Civil documents so thats why I am asking. Do they need to be recent or is some from say a year ago okay? Do I need to include one of me (the petitioner too?) 

They are passport style photos of the beneficiary ONLY. They go under “photographs” at least 2 photos. They should be recent, or as long as you the beneficiary doesn’t look significantly different. When I asked NVC they said it was optional to upload those, but I did it anyway because you never know. She did say to make sure to bring to your interview the ones you upload. Good luck!

24 minutes ago, mrsgeorge1 said:

Thanks for this detailed update and congratulations for sailing thru the interview..were u nervous.

Thank you!

Yes I really was nervous at first, but the wait from between documents submission and interview was so long (11:30 to 1pm!) that I began to fall asleep! So I lost my nervousness. 

Then I got nervous again as the lady before me at the counter was there for ages and now was raising her voice (you can really get the interview unless both people really raise their voice). It appeared she was arguing with the officer and also some what pleading with him. She was saying something about her sister being in a coma in hospital at some point, so she couldn’t get something or attend something due to that issue. The consular officer said something like (as loud as her) Ma'am I’m sorry about your sister, but at this time I’m not able to follow and establish the relationship between you with your husband so I cannot  .... and I didn’t hear the rest. 

She left in in a huff. 

I was thinking oh no im

gonna be called to the officer who is maybe already annoyed 🤭🤷🏽‍♀️

But someone else was  was called instead.

Then I got called right after, but to another counter with a pleasant female officer. She had a nice smile. Very welcoming. 

I noticed she was married so I thought she must understand why we are doing this, she has a significant other 🙏🏾

3 hours ago, Mmefall said:

QUESTION!!

the photos we upload to NVC are passport style photos right? For the civil documents? The NVC page doesnt even list photographs in this step as apart of Civil documents so thats why I am asking. Do they need to be recent or is some from say a year ago okay? Do I need to include one of me (the petitioner too?) 

2 passport sized photos for the visa applicant. Must be within the last 6 months. 

My CEAC page specifically requested me to upload them. It was not optionally. Go with what your CEAC page says. 

I took a new set photos to the interview. It was from the set I used for my medical.  It didn’t matter that the ones I uploaded on CEAC were a different set than the ones I took in for interview 

Edited by MrsB2212

45 minutes ago, mrsgeorge1 said:

Yes i was talking to my husband about it coz on 2/28/18 i mailed his petition and today March 2nd marks one year since his petition was received  by USCIS.. I still can`t believe its bn a year long alread but its all good.. we r getting there bit by bit.i just pray my hubby will be here around our anniversay in early August.

Aww. I hope you’re together in August. Things are looking good. 

Yes it’s been almost a year on this journey !!

Our application was mailed to USCIS on 16th March 2018 and received on 26th March so almost in the 1 Year territory! Our 2nd anniversary is 22nd December so I think by God’s grace we will be together , but this time I won’t have to leave in January to come back to U.K.!

1 hour ago, MrsB2212 said:

Thank you!

Yes I really was nervous at first, but the wait from between documents submission and interview was so long (11:30 to 1pm!) that I began to fall asleep! So I lost my nervousness. 

Then I got nervous again as the lady before me at the counter was there for ages and now was raising her voice (you can really get the interview unless both people really raise their voice). It appeared she was arguing with the officer and also some what pleading with him. She was saying something about her sister being in a coma in hospital at some point, so she couldn’t get something or attend something due to that issue. The consular officer said something like (as loud as her) Ma'am I’m sorry about your sister, but at this time I’m not able to follow and establish the relationship between you with your husband so I cannot  .... and I didn’t hear the rest. 

She left in in a huff. 

I was thinking oh no im

gonna be called to the officer who is maybe already annoyed 🤭🤷🏽‍♀️

But someone else was  was called instead.

Then I got called right after, but to another counter with a pleasant female officer. She had a nice smile. Very welcoming. 

I noticed she was married so I thought she must understand why we are doing this, she has a significant other 🙏🏾

Oh my goodness..hearing that conversation before would have rattled my nerves too without a doubt..its hard to hear that u dont have enough proof of ur relationship when u bn waiting all this time to prove it to them.

19 minutes ago, mrsgeorge1 said:

Oh my goodness..hearing that conversation before would have rattled my nerves too without a doubt..its hard to hear that u dont have enough proof of ur relationship when u bn waiting all this time to prove it to them.

Ya it was really one of those times when you feel sorry for the person and you just hope you will be ok when it’s your turn. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
2 hours ago, Cari & Andy UB said:

They are passport style photos of the beneficiary ONLY. They go under “photographs” at least 2 photos. They should be recent, or as long as you the beneficiary doesn’t look significantly different. When I asked NVC they said it was optional to upload those, but I did it anyway because you never know. She did say to make sure to bring to your interview the ones you upload. Good luck!

1 hour ago, MrsB2212 said:

2 passport sized photos for the visa applicant. Must be within the last 6 months. 

My CEAC page specifically requested me to upload them. It was not optionally. Go with what your CEAC page says. 

I took a new set photos to the interview. It was from the set I used for my medical.  It didn’t matter that the ones I uploaded on CEAC were a different set than the ones I took in for interview 

2 hours ago, Cari & Andy UB said:

Thank you guys so much! Im gonna upload his only. MY CEAC page does ask for photographs but on the NVC site where it lists civil documents it didnt say photographs. 

I sent in my petition today and just realized I did not write my name or my spouse's on the back of the two passport style pictures. But what I did was placed each of our passport style photos separately in a mini ziplock bag and stapled onto two seperate sheets of paper with our names typed on it stating who is who. Would I be getting a rfe in the future?

On 3/2/2019 at 2:48 AM, MrsB2212 said:

My interview was wonderful. 

To gain entry to embassy you show your interview letter. 

Then airport style security. 

Once inside at reception : you get a sticker on your letter with your ticket number and window number where you will be seen 

11.30 ( exact appointment time)

First part -

Documents:

A person collected original documents and scanned my finger prints and photos. 

Documents I was asked to give :

1. courier registration confirmation  

2. passport

3. birth certificate 

4. marriage certificate 

5. police certificates (I had 3 different countries )

Also sked when I did my medical and he write it on my form. 

They give back the documents, but keep your passport and U.K. police certificate.

Then you wait for your interview. 

It wasn’t busy but my God we waited. 

13:04 

Second part -

Interview  

You go to a window and are asked to raise your right hand to swear no lies. Then she gave back some original documents.

At this time she asked me questions

1. Husband name

2. City and state he lives

3. When did we meet. 

4.  How long we were in a relationship. 

5. When did I last see my husband 

Then she says it’s approved!

She said they will wait for your medical report before the visa is issued in your passport. She said wait for an email. 

She gave me a blue slip 

13:10. I was done. 

She kept the passport and the U.K. police certificate. 

Congrats....hope u'll be with ur partner soon. When u can get ur passport after stamping visa ?

22 hours ago, Mmefall said:

Thank you guys so much! Im gonna upload his only. MY CEAC page does ask for photographs but on the NVC site where it lists civil documents it didnt say photographs. 

19 hours ago, TTG said:

LOL. Figures. 

Were you asked for the affidavit of support or proof of your partner's citizenship?

5 hours ago, Brar said:

Congrats....hope u'll be with ur partner soon. When u can get ur passport after stamping visa ?

Thank you. 

I did my medical the day before my  Visa interview, so they have to see my medical first before they print my visa.

The medical office said it takes 7 days to send the report. So it will be sent end of this week.

Once its st the embassy I’m not sure how long they will take to review it. 

Maybe 2-3 weeks? 🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️ Let’s see!

im hoping by the end of March. 

Our I-130 PD was March 22nd 2018. It will be interesting to see if the visa is issued after 1 year....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

so i guess, this is for those who havent submitted documents yet...make sure its correct 

I think I submitted my Wage & Income tax transcript not the tax RETURN transcript...didn't realize there would be a difference.....ugh so frustrated. Now I'll just wait for NVC to tell me upload those . Sigh. this process is taking a toll on me.

Edited by Dee93

On 3/2/2019 at 11:06 PM, Mmefall said:

Yes NVC is general information for everyone.

Each case Is different, so Your CEAC page is specifically for your individual case, based on the content in your AOS and DS-260. Follow your CEAC. 

Help! 

I have a double nationality  - Italian and Dominican but I was born in Italy. I have lived in DR most of my life, so I submitted my Dominican birth certificate to nvc and it was rejected. I currently have a certified birth certificate extract from Italy which was provided in 2011. Do I need to obtain a more recent extract or am I safe to submit the one I have? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Finally, I have been able to login with my case# and invoice# since a week ago. Fees paid and waiting to be cleared. Forward progress despite the bump in the road with my login issues.🙏

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 hours ago, Melissa1695 said:

Help! 

I have a double nationality  - Italian and Dominican but I was born in Italy. I have lived in DR most of my life, so I submitted my Dominican birth certificate to nvc and it was rejected. I currently have a certified birth certificate extract from Italy which was provided in 2011. Do I need to obtain a more recent extract or am I safe to submit the one I have? 

I think you need to make sure that the certified birth certificate for Italy from 2011 hasn't changed in terms of design/format/structure compared to currently issued Italian birth certificates. For instance, for Ghana the birth certificate design changed in 2016 or so, and since then USCIS and US Embassy don't accept any certificates issued prior to 2016. It might not be the case for Italy birth certificates but err on the side of caution because NVC/USE can be really picky and pesky about things.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.