Mzlin35

I-130 March 2018 filers [merged threads]

2,480 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Happy one anniversary this March for your battles with USCIS/NVC/US Embassy. We've made it this far. Don't stop the fight, soldier on and win the battles. The journey is a long one. Those who have finished, congrats. Those who are still in progress, press on; it'll soon be all over. ✌️

Edited by nastra30

On 2/25/2019 at 7:56 AM, nastra30 said:

After exactly 7 weeks, I have finally received my case# and invoice#. NVC received my case on 1/8/19. 

Congratulations hey!!!..i am very happy for u..i havent started collecting docs coz i want to take it a bit slow.. our 2nd wedding anniversary is in August..

On 2/27/2019 at 5:22 AM, arc1929 said:

Actually I didn't register with Aramex until after midnight the day of the interview. So in other words I was late in doing so. Me nor my wife knew about it until the day of the interview when they asked why she hadn't done it yet. She said everyone else had came with their receipt. But it's not a "requirement" for the interview. You can still do it after the interview. If you do it after the interview make sure it's BEFORE midnight so nothing is delayed. 

In my case at the interview today - the first document they asked me for was the printout of my courier registration confirmation!

Im so glad I took it with me and it was in the embassy check list. 

I think we may have slightly different check lists

Timeline
2 hours ago, mrsgeorge1 said:

Congratulations hey!!!..i am very happy for u..i havent started collecting docs coz i want to take it a bit slow.. our 2nd wedding anniversary is in August..

Wow, your 2nd wedding anniversary is in August; how time flies. You first USCIS/NVC anniversary is this month so congrats on both.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, MrsB2212 said:

In my case at the interview today - the first document they asked me for was the printout of my courier registration confirmation!

Wonderful, how did your interview go? I presume your visa was approved.

3 minutes ago, MrsB2212 said:

My interview was wonderful. 

To gain entry to embassy you show your interview letter. 

Then airport style security. 

Once inside at reception : you get a sticker on your letter with your ticket number and window number where you will be seen 

11.30 ( exact appointment time)

First part -

Documents:

A person collected original documents and scanned my finger prints and photos. 

Documents I was asked to give :

1. courier registration confirmation  

2. passport

3. birth certificate 

4. marriage certificate 

5. police certificates (I had 3 different countries )

Also sked when I did my medical and he write it on my form. 

They give back the documents, but keep your passport and U.K. police certificate.

Then you wait for your interview. 

It wasn’t busy but my God we waited. 

13:04 

Second part -

Interview  

You go to a window and are asked to raise your right hand to swear no lies. Then she gave back some original documents.

At this time she asked me questions

1. Husband name

2. City and state he lives

3. When did we meet. 

4.  How long we were in a relationship. 

5. When did I last see my husband 

Then she says it’s approved!

She said they will wait for your medical report before the visa is issued in your passport. She said wait for an email. 

She gave me a blue slip 

13:10. I was done. 

She kept the passport and the U.K. police certificate. 

thank you so much for Updating us!

1 hour ago, MrsB2212 said:

Congrats! Whew! Good thing you were able to get it. Yeah your checklist is different because that wasn't in ours. 

My wife picked her visa up two days ago. Going to get her in two weeks. It's been a long journey. So excited to see the month of March finally able to be with thier loved ones. 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, MrsB2212 said:

Once inside at reception : you get a sticker on your letter with your ticket number and window number where you will be seen 

First part -

Documents:

2. passport

3. birth certificate 

4. marriage certificate 

They give back the documents, but keep your passport and U.K. police certificate.

Second part -

Interview  

You go to a window and are asked to raise your right hand to swear no lies. Then she gave back some original documents.

1. Husband name

3. When did we meet. 

She said they will wait for your medical report before the visa is issued in your passport. She said wait for an email. 

She gave me a blue slip 

Thanks for sharing your experience. It's appreciated.

2 minutes ago, arc1929 said:

Congrats! Whew! Good thing you were able to get it. Yeah your checklist is different because that wasn't in ours. 

My wife picked her visa up two days ago. Going to get her in two weeks. It's been a long journey. So excited to see the month of March finally able to be with thier loved ones. 

Yes thanks soo much for your help. 

Mine was approved pending my medical report which I did yesterday - so hopefully I get it in two weeks 🤷🏽‍♀️  Let’s see what happens! My husband is already saying when can I book the ticket!!! But I think we must wait until I collect my passport. 

Oh I’m m so happy for you! Congratulations!

May long last. Indeed this has been one hell of a journey, but so worth it. Love is priceless. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, MrsB2212 said:

Yes thanks soo much for your help. 

Mine was approved pending my medical report which I did yesterday - so hopefully I get it in two weeks 🤷🏽‍♀️  Let’s see what happens! My husband is already saying when can I book the ticket!!! But I think we must wait until I collect my passport. 

Oh I’m m so happy for you! Congratulations!

May long last. Indeed this has been one hell of a journey, but so worth it. Love is priceless. 

I think you are right. It will best to have passport and visa in hand before purchasing ticket. This will allow you to check to make sure everything is correct like no spelling mistakes etc.

26 minutes ago, nastra30 said:

I think you are right. It will best to have passport and visa in hand before purchasing ticket. This will allow you to check to make sure everything is correct like no spelling mistakes etc.

Yes very true. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

QUESTION!!

the photos we upload to NVC are passport style photos right? For the civil documents? The NVC page doesnt even list photographs in this step as apart of Civil documents so thats why I am asking. Do they need to be recent or is some from say a year ago okay? Do I need to include one of me (the petitioner too?) 

23 hours ago, nastra30 said:

Wow, your 2nd wedding anniversary is in August; how time flies. You first USCIS/NVC anniversary is this month so congrats on both.

Yes i was talking to my husband about it coz on 2/28/18 i mailed his petition and today March 2nd marks one year since his petition was received  by USCIS.. I still can`t believe its bn a year long alread but its all good.. we r getting there bit by bit.i just pray my hubby will be here around our anniversay in early August.

23 hours ago, MrsB2212 said:

First part -

Documents:

2. passport

3. birth certificate 

4. marriage certificate 

Second part -

Interview  

1. Husband name

3. When did we meet. 

She gave me a blue slip 

Thanks for this detailed update and congratulations for sailing thru the interview..were u nervous.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.