Mzlin35

I-130 March 2018 filers [merged threads]

2,480 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

After exactly 7 weeks, I have finally received my case# and invoice#. NVC received my case on 1/8/19. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Dee93 said:

Has anyone had any luck getting in touch with NVC recently? 

I got through to them this morning; I kept hitting re-dial until call went through and then waited close to an hour to talk to someone.

Edited by nastra30

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Just now, nastra30 said:

When did you call? I tried at 7 and they said their hours changed and then at 9 and the same message about too many calls . Ughhh so frustrating 

I’ll try again except Im at work and I cant be consistent

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Dee93 said:

When did you call? I tried at 7 and they said their hours changed and then at 9 and the same message about too many calls . Ughhh so frustrating 

I’ll try again except Im at work and I cant be consistent

Call at 10:30am. Yeah, keep trying.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
2 hours ago, nastra30 said:

I can't login to CEAC that's why I called them. They weren't helpful.

Is the error you are getting says that the case and invoice numbers are not matching their records?

I had the same issue when I got mine and it took 2/3 days for me to finally log in. I was told by the NVC that sometimes the system needs a couple of days to “catch up”.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, CarlosSeoanes said:

Is the error you are getting says that the case and invoice numbers are not matching their records?

I had the same issue when I got mine and it took 2/3 days for me to finally log in. I was told by the NVC that sometimes the system needs a couple of days to “catch up”.

Yeah, I'm getting the same error. Some people from NVC Filers - February 2019 thread have been trying since Thursday 2/12. I will give it some days then. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, nastra30 said:

Yeah, I'm getting the same error. Some people from NVC Filers - February 2019 thread have been trying since Thursday 2/12. I will give it some days then. 

For me we got the NVC case number the evening of Tuesday February 5th and was finally able to log in on Friday the 8th. It was very frustrating! But it will work out just fine.

BTW our payment took a full week for the website to change from “in process” to “paid”. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, CarlosSeoanes said:

For me we got the NVC case number the evening of Tuesday February 5th and was finally able to log in on Friday the 8th. It was very frustrating! But it will work out just fine.

BTW our payment took a full week for the website to change from “in process” to “paid”. 

Thanks for the feedback. I will keep trying for a few days then- before I call again to scream at someone.:bonk: NVC is really playing games now. LOL.

Edited by nastra30

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Help!!

Im uploading civil documents for ds260

It is only allowing me to upload my husbands birth certificate which is foreign. Did you guys upload the English translations in the "optional documents" section? And same for my information like my birth certificate, passport photo, and biographical passport page?

Timeline
On 2/23/2019 at 9:03 PM, Melissa1695 said:

Yes, and it needs to be translated to english by a judiciary interpreter. 

On 2/24/2019 at 9:08 AM, CarlosSeoanes said:

Yes only him (not you) needs one from Senegal. Please also check the US Embassy website in Senegal for procedures in how to obtain it, etc. As for example for us in Brazil there are 2 different types of police certificates that we had to obtain. One from the "State" and one "Federal". Each country requirement for police certificate varies. So is always good to check the US Embassy website of the country you are requesting the police certificate from for specific guidelines.  

On 2/24/2019 at 10:29 AM, MrsB2212 said:

Yes. If a person has lived for over 6months AND was over 16 at the time they stayed there , they will need a police certificate. 

When yiu fill fill in your DS260 with previous addresses you have lived st, it will tell you which police certificates you need. 

So if you’re not at the DS260 stage, and have lived somewhere over 6months and were 16 years old and older m, you can assume you will be asked for a police certificate for that country so prepare ahead !

Thank you Guys!! And to anyone else who commented on my question! We obtained one for gim in Senegal just need to translate it now

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Mmefall said:

Help!!

Im uploading civil documents for ds260

It is only allowing me to upload my husbands birth certificate which is foreign. Did you guys upload the English translations in the "optional documents" section? And same for my information like my birth certificate, passport photo, and biographical passport page?

ALSO!!!

has anyone been denied with documents scanned by camscanner app? Is it better to use actual scanner instead?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I uploaded my AOS and civil documents on 2/12 hoping I would get CC soon. Just received a response from NVC,  stating 2 of my documents were rejected. My household member's naturalization cert needs to be uploaded horizontally and another document was not readable. How long do you guys think it will take for them to respond after I upload them correctly?

I hate this stage so much!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, Mmefall said:

ALSO!!!

has anyone been denied with documents scanned by camscanner app? Is it better to use actual scanner instead?

I used cam scanner and all were accepted but my passport.  They thought it was cut off intentionally by the scan but the image they are referring to.  That's just the way the original is. So i scan again to include the 4 outside corners. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.