Mzlin35

I-130 March 2018 filers [merged threads]

2,480 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 hours ago, Mmefall said:

Hello! I need some help please 

Do me and my husband need police documents for NVC even though neither one of us have ever been convicted, charged or arrested or is it only required for those with criminal records?

Only the beneficiary will need to submit a police report @ NVC and Embassy.

3 minutes ago, nastra30 said:

Only the beneficiary will need to submit a police report @ NVC and Embassy.

I think you only need a police certificate if you’ve stayed  in a country for more than 6 months, even if you havent  been convicted, charged or arrested. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
1 minute ago, Melissa1695 said:

I think you only need a police certificate if you’ve stayed  in a country for more than 6 months, even if you havent  been convicted, charged or arrested. 

So my husband has lived in Senegal all his life. He needs an official police certificate from Senegal for  NVC

4 minutes ago, Mmefall said:

So my husband has lived in Senegal all his life. He needs an official police certificate from Senegal for  NVC

Yes, and it needs to be translated to english by a judiciary interpreter. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi everyone :)

I submitted my household members info to NVC, and they said it would take an hour for it to allow me to submit further documents for the household member (transcript/w2). I got the email that the member was approved, and that was last night. However, the website still isn't allowing me to submit anything. Anyone have an idea how long it takes once your household member is approved?

I also got an email from NVC that the household member was approved....so kind of nervous now 

image.thumb.png.e3ac064a7666144fad875ce21b2086b9.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
12 hours ago, Mmefall said:

Yes only him (not you) needs one from Senegal. Please also check the US Embassy website in Senegal for procedures in how to obtain it, etc. As for example for us in Brazil there are 2 different types of police certificates that we had to obtain. One from the "State" and one "Federal". Each country requirement for police certificate varies. So is always good to check the US Embassy website of the country you are requesting the police certificate from for specific guidelines.  

Edited by CarlosSeoanes

Timeline
On 2/19/2019 at 7:01 PM, MrsB2212 said:

😂.  well hopefully everyone gets interviews very fast at their respective interview locations.

Yes. I will keep updating and share anything that can help others. ♥️

Heyy!! I know you are from the UK so I just had a quick question: My husband went to the UK for college from Dec 2011 to June 2012 (with the dates  its Dec 24, 2011 to June 26, 2012)--> which is like 6 months and 2 days, however because the CEAC asks for just month and year we put in month and year an that comes up to be 7 months. They now want us to upload a police certificate from the UK, however, my husband is no longer there and we're not even sure how to go about the process. If you can please help with how we can get the certificate; how long it takes etc?

11 minutes ago, Dee93 said:

Heyy!! I know you are from the UK so I just had a quick question: My husband went to the UK for college from Dec 2011 to June 2012 (with the dates  its Dec 24, 2011 to June 26, 2012)--> which is like 6 months and 2 days, however because the CEAC asks for just month and year we put in month and year an that comes up to be 7 months. They now want us to upload a police certificate from the UK, however, my husband is no longer there and we're not even sure how to go about the process. If you can please help with how we can get the certificate; how long it takes etc?

Hey!

Ya it’s a very simple online proces. 

I  applied  for express service and paid  £80.00, and it took 2  days to be produced and arrived on the 3rd day. 

Now I’m based in the U.K, so it will depend in your country. 

There is another service for £45.00 and it takes 10 days. 

They do offer international tracked delivery by DHL so I do not  think it will take long  with with international service. I think you pay £45 for DHL delivery , plus of course the cost of your certificate. 

The website is called ARCO 

or type in ARCO U.K. police certificate if the link below doesn’t work 

here is a link 

https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

I hope this helps ❤️❤️

Edited by MrsB2212

13 hours ago, Mmefall said:

Yes. If a person has lived for over 6months AND was over 16 at the time they stayed there , they will need a police certificate. 

When yiu fill fill in your DS260 with previous addresses you have lived st, it will tell you which police certificates you need. 

So if you’re not at the DS260 stage, and have lived somewhere over 6months and were 16 years old and older m, you can assume you will be asked for a police certificate for that country so prepare ahead !

16 hours ago, Mmefall said:

Hello! I need some help please 

Do me and my husband need police documents for NVC even though neither one of us have ever been convicted, charged or arrested or is it only required for those with criminal records?

Hi!

So if you have no criminal record , you have to PROVE it. 

They won’t take your word for it!

So they need to see the police certificate to verify that the beneficiary has NOT been arrested or convicted. 

They need evidence 🙂

Similarly - If one  has been convicted /charged etc, they would still have to show the evidence of the said conviction so NVC know what they are dealing with. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, MrsB2212 said:

Hi!

So if you have no criminal record , you have to PROVE it. 

They won’t take your word for it!

So they need to see the police certificate to verify that the beneficiary has NOT been arrested or convicted. 

They need evidence 🙂

Similarly - If one  has been convicted /charged etc, they would still have to show the evidence of the said conviction so NVC know what they are dealing with. 

T

5 hours ago, MrsB2212 said:

Hey!

Ya it’s a very simple online proces. 

I  applied  for express service and paid  £80.00, and it took 2  days to be produced and arrived on the 3rd day. 

Now I’m based in the U.K, so it will depend in your country. 

There is another service for £45.00 and it takes 10 days. 

They do offer international tracked delivery by DHL so I do not  think it will take long  with with international service. I think you pay £45 for DHL delivery , plus of course the cost of your certificate. 

The website is called ARCO 

or type in ARCO U.K. police certificate if the link below doesn’t work 

here is a link 

https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

I hope this helps ❤️❤️

Thank you sooo much!!! I will use this, I was just soo stressed that now it will take me more time to submit everything. 

Timeline
17 hours ago, Dee93 said:

Hi everyone :)

I submitted my household members info to NVC, and they said it would take an hour for it to allow me to submit further documents for the household member (transcript/w2). I got the email that the member was approved, and that was last night. However, the website still isn't allowing me to submit anything. Anyone have an idea how long it takes once your household member is approved?

I also got an email from NVC that the household member was approved....so kind of nervous now 

image.thumb.png.e3ac064a7666144fad875ce21b2086b9.png

Anyone have any idea about this?

44 minutes ago, Dee93 said:

T

Thank you sooo much!!! I will use this, I was just soo stressed that now it will take me more time to submit everything. 

Don’t be stressed. You are in the last lap! You can do it. The race is nearly over! Keep going. Just keep filling up your bottle of water and stay hydrated 😂

49 minutes ago, Dee93 said:

Anyone have any idea about this?

Im sorry I can’t be much help as I did not have that part of the process. 

Have you called NVC

If you’re blocked  from proceeding when you think you should be able to, maybe call NVC. It might be a technical glitch 🤷🏽‍♀️  

I cannot sign up for the courier for my visa & passport delivery and when I called it was an issue on their end...

Edited by MrsB2212

Timeline

Don’t be stressed. You are in the last lap! You can do it. The race is nearly over! Keep going. Just keep filling up your bottle of water and stay hydrated 😂

Ughh I know lol, this process gets so overwhelming at times. Thanks for the responses and the support ❤️

Im sorry I can’t be much help as I did not have that part of the process. 

Have you called NVC

If you’re blocked  from proceeding when you think you should be able to, maybe call NVC. It might be a technical glitch 🤷🏽‍♀️  

I cannot sign up for the courier for my visa & passport delivery and when I called it was an issue on their end...

I'm assuming maybe because it was the weekend, however, I plan on calling NVC tomorrow morning and hopefully it can get sorted out. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.