Mzlin35

I-130 March 2018 filers [merged threads]

2,480 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
15 minutes ago, MrsB2212 said:

See 2nd document on my list. It the photos saved to  pdf and it accepted like ALL my other documents 

A7570021-3A17-4DC1-BC78-3829908C78EB.jpeg

This is great! Thank you so much. 

Another question, we are submitting the police certificate in the NVC (CEAC) website. Do you know if the police certificate from the country we are applying for the visa needs to be translated? My husband Brazilian police certificate is in Portuguese and since we are interviewing at the consulate here in Brazil I heard we don’t need to translated when we submit to the NVC (CEAC) website. Is that true?

thanks 

Edited by CarlosSeoanes

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
4 hours ago, CarlosSeoanes said:

So you were ok uploading the 2 passport pictures in PDF format? I was reading at the NVC link below and it says to load them in JPEG file format. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/photos/digital-image-requirements.html

PDF and Jpegs have both been accepted 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, MrsB2212 said:

Wonderful!

Where are you seeing this status? On CEAC?

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

1 hour ago, CarlosSeoanes said:

This is great! Thank you so much. 

Another question, we are submitting the police certificate in the NVC (CEAC) website. Do you know if the police certificate from the country we are applying for the visa needs to be translated? My husband Brazilian police certificate is in Portuguese and since we are interviewing at the consulate here in Brazil I heard we don’t need to translated when we submit to the NVC (CEAC) website. Is that true?

thanks 

No problem!

You know what, it does say any documents not in English should be translated.

I didn’t research further than that as I’m in the U.K. so it’s most of my documents are in English. 

I had one foreign document which is my police report from Switzerland. 

Now this document is written in German, BUT, it also has the English translation in the same document. So it was accepted. 

To be on the safe side, and if you have time , I would get it translated to English to avoid RFE and wasting time. Just my opinion 🤷🏽‍♀️

23 minutes ago, nastra30 said:

😃 thank you super 🌟 

3 hours ago, arc1929 said:

Status changed from ready to issued yesterday. Just waiting for the mail service to deliver it now. 

Screenshot_20190223-043457_Chrome.jpg

Thank you I just checked mine is READY. I guess it make sense. My interview is on Friday 

168DB804-69E2-4710-9474-887804E0CE94.jpeg

Edited by MrsB2212

Timeline
2 hours ago, MrsB2212 said:

No problem!

You know what, it does say any documents not in English should be translated.

I didn’t research further than that as I’m in the U.K. so it’s most of my documents are in English. 

I had one foreign document which is my police report from Switzerland. 

Now this document is written in German, BUT, it also has the English translation in the same document. So it was accepted. 

To be on the safe side, and if you have time , I would get it translated to English to avoid RFE and wasting time. Just my opinion 🤷🏽‍♀️

😃 thank you super 🌟 

Yeah we are going to go ahead and translate the Brazilian police certificate just to make sure. BTW my husband has a total of 5 different police certificates! Including Switzerland! We already got them all! He has lived in so many countries due to his job as a Trading executive of commodities.

The first 3 years of our marriage we lived in Geneva until his company  transferred us to Sao Paulo, Brazil 3 years a go. Now his company is finally moving us back to the US (glad his company is paying for the entire process of his green card, including lawyers, etc). Unfortunately is not Seattle (where I grew up) but to Miami. We been married 5 years and we finally starting the green card process as since we got married we never lived in the US. 

Good luck on your interview on Friday! 🙂

Edited by CarlosSeoanes

1 hour ago, CarlosSeoanes said:

Yeah we are going to go ahead and translate the Brazilian police certificate just to make sure. BTW my husband has a total of 5 different police certificates! Including Switzerland! We already got them all! He has lived in so many countries due to his job as a Trading executive of commodities.

The first 3 years of our marriage we lived in Geneva until his company  transferred us to Sao Paulo, Brazil 3 years a go. Now his company is finally moving us back to the US (glad his company is paying for the entire process of his green card, including lawyers, etc). Unfortunately is not Seattle (where I grew up) but to Miami. We been married 5 years and we finally starting the green card process as since we got married we never lived in the US. 

Good luck on your interview on Friday! 🙂

Thank you so much. Good luck with the process too!

Yes I had 3 police certificates!

Funny enough I am moving to Seattle as that’s where my hubby has his job now. What a small world!

We got married in Australia nearly two years ago now, and so we as well have never lived in USA. 

Just now, MrsB2212 said:

so it may some time if you translate wheat you can fit them. 

Funny enough I am moving to Seattle as that’s where my hubby has his job now. What a small world!

We got married in Australia nearly two years ago now, and so we as well have never lived in USA. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, MrsB2212 said:

How cool you are moving to my beloved city of Seattle! You are going to love it there! BTW you will love the new US embassy in London!  I was just there last week for work, I am a US Air Force Reserve Master Sergeant. Since I have been living abroad the last 5+ years, I have been assigned to a US base in Stuttgart, Germany. I do all my Air Force Reserve duty all at once for 7 weeks. I will finally fly back to my hubby in Sao Paulo this coming Friday. Can't wait!

The only thing left for us to submit in the NVC (CEAC) website is the passport pictures and the Brazilian police certificate translated in English. We should be able to submit this by end of this week. 

Have a good evening. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 2/21/2019 at 8:19 PM, MrsB2212 said:

Two Passport photos were required in my civil documents to be uploaded. It might be the same for others. 

How do you know which civil documents are required? Are you asked for specific ones once everything is submitted? Because I just submitted my i864, waiting for my household members to be updated so i can submit his forms, and we just have to submit my DS260. And i cant click on the civil documents tab yet... 

I did submit, marriage certificate, birth certificate etc under additional documents with my i864

18 minutes ago, Dee93 said:

How do you know which civil documents are required? Are you asked for specific ones once everything is submitted? Because I just submitted my i864, waiting for my household members to be updated so i can submit his forms, and we just have to submit my DS260. And i cant click on the civil documents tab yet... 

I did submit, marriage certificate, birth certificate etc under additional documents with my i864

after you submit your AOS /I864 and DS260 , you will be able to submit your civil documents.

It will automatically  list which documents they want to see from you,  based on what is in your DS260. 

For instance I listed Switzerland and Botswana as one of the countries I lived in on my DS260. 

After that,  under civil documents it automatically said upload “police certificate for Switzerland “ “ upload police certificates for Botswana “ or something along will all other documents they wanted to see from me like marriage certificate, birth certificates etc. 

Don’t put them under additional documents- those are your civil 

documents. You will upload them under civil documents- not under additional documents. 

(My submission was all online by the way)

Edited by MrsB2212

2 hours ago, CarlosSeoanes said:

How cool you are moving to my beloved city of Seattle! You are going to love it there! BTW you will love the new US embassy in London!  I was just there last week for work, I am a US Air Force Reserve Master Sergeant. Since I have been living abroad the last 5+ years, I have been assigned to a US base in Stuttgart, Germany. I do all my Air Force Reserve duty all at once for 7 weeks. I will finally fly back to my hubby in Sao Paulo this coming Friday. Can't wait!

The only thing left for us to submit in the NVC (CEAC) website is the passport pictures and the Brazilian police certificate translated in English. We should be able to submit this by end of this week. 

Have a good evening. 

Yes I’ve heard greT things about the new embassy 😃

I love Seattle already! I have been in between Seattle and London since got married so it’s high time I never have to leave again!

You’re are so lucky to be in the same place as your husband!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, MrsB2212 said:

after you submit your AOS /I864 and DS260 , you will be able to submit your civil documents.

It will automatically  list which documents they want to see from you,  based on what is in your DS260. 

For instance I listed Switzerland and Botswana as one of the countries I lived in on my DS260. 

After that,  under civil documents it automatically said upload “police certificate for Switzerland “ “ upload police certificates for Botswana “ or something along will all other documents they wanted to see from me like marriage certificate, birth certificates etc. 

Don’t put them under additional documents- those are your civil 

documents. You will upload them under civil documents- not under additional documents. 

(My submission was all online by the way)

Well I already submitted the marriage certificate under additional documents because it had a category for it. But it makes sense that once everything is submitted then i'll do whichever civil documents they ask for.  Mine is all online as well 

Edited by Dee93

36 minutes ago, Dee93 said:

Well I already submitted the marriage certificate under additional documents because it had a category for it. But it makes sense that once everything is submitted then i'll do whichever civil documents they ask for.  Mine is all online as well 

Yes you will be ok. Honestly it won’t be guess work.

It will be clear on the CEAC page which documents they want you to upload and which section. 

Mine had 3 sections and asked for them like this :

AOS and financials. 

IV application/DS260

Civil documents

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Hello! I need some help please 

Do me and my husband need police documents for NVC even though neither one of us have ever been convicted, charged or arrested or is it only required for those with criminal records?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.