Mzlin35

I-130 March 2018 filers [merged threads]

2,480 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 hours ago, mrsgeorge1 said:

i hope i dont owe anything coz i have neva owed.. but now because the recent changes to our tax code..people are getting less money back and some are even owing uncle sam.. its ridiculous...ya always file electronically..

Uncle Sam doesn't joke with his money. Yeah, the new tax code has take some people by surprised. People are getting less tax returns compared to previous years; I certainly got a few hundred less in return.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Got NVC case # on 2-5 

Paid both fees on 2-13

Logged on NVC site and I can start applications now! Took about 3-4 days to show as Paid 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi everyone, 

On NVC for my AOS documents, it states all originals need to be brought to the interview- does this include the I864, income transcripts ? 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Dee93 said:

Hi everyone, 

On NVC for my AOS documents, it states all originals need to be brought to the interview- does this include the I864, income transcripts ? 

Yes, it includes those. And make sure I-864 is signed with wet signature and not photocopy. The beneficiary must take all originals to the interview.

Edited by nastra30

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahrain
Timeline
3 hours ago, nastra30 said:

Yes, it includes those. And make sure I-864 is signed with wet signature and not photocopy. The beneficiary must take all originals to the interview.

So is my husband supposed to send me the original signed copy of the i184ez form? 

4 hours ago, nastra30 said:

What if it was signed electronically? Because I did my form electronically which has to be accepted by law now. My wife's interview is in the morning. Lol. 

5 hours ago, nastra30 said:

Based on this the wet ink is no longer required. Scanned and photocopies are acceptable. However, electronic signatures aren't. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/visas-news-archive/20161228_ink-signature-no-longer-required-on-affidavits-of-support.html

Edited by arc1929

Timeline
58 minutes ago, arc1929 said:

Based on this the wet ink is no longer required. Scanned and photocopies are acceptable. However, electronic signatures aren't. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/visas-news-archive/20161228_ink-signature-no-longer-required-on-affidavits-of-support.html

@arc1929 @rose098, I stand corrected.  So @arc1929I'm assuming this therefore also applies to the embassy interview as well, correct?

Timeline
3 hours ago, rose098 said:

So is my husband supposed to send me the original signed copy of the i184ez form? 

1 hour ago, arc1929 said:

@rose098. It appears wet signatures are not necessary at embassy interviews anymore too.  But if your husband can send you a wet signature version then by all means let him send it to you. But again, it's no longer necessary.

Photocopies and scanned signed versions can be used.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/interview/interview-prepare/required-documents.html

Family-based visa applications: 

"- A signed Affidavit of Support from your petitioner and any additional financial sponsors who submitted a Form I-864 on behalf of your visa application. Applicants may bring photocopies and scanned versions of signed Forms I-864 and associated documents. (Please note that the form must still be signed; typed names and electronic signatures will not be accepted.)"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
5 hours ago, nastra30 said:

@rose098. It appears wet signatures are not necessary at embassy interviews anymore too.  But if your husband can send you a wet signature version then by all means let him send it to you. But again, it's no longer necessary.

Photocopies and scanned signed versions can be used.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/interview/interview-prepare/required-documents.html

Family-based visa applications: 

"- A signed Affidavit of Support from your petitioner and any additional financial sponsors who submitted a Form I-864 on behalf of your visa application. Applicants may bring photocopies and scanned versions of signed Forms I-864 and associated documents. (Please note that the form must still be signed; typed names and electronic signatures will not be accepted.)"

so just to get this correct- My husband should be able to take photocopies of the i864 and i864a to the interview. I am completing my i864 online and then printing it to sign it (just where the signature is required) and then scanning it back in- that should be ok right? 

I'm confused because this part : Please note that the form must still be signed; typed names and electronic signatures will not be accepted.- 

i typed my name where it says "print name" and then signed it with pen (by hand) where it says "signature"--> this should be ok right 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Dee93 said:

so just to get this correct- My husband should be able to take photocopies of the i864 and i864a to the interview. I am completing my i864 online and then printing it to sign it (just where the signature is required) and then scanning it back in- that should be ok right?  - Yes, that should be ok.

I'm confused because this part : Please note that the form must still be signed; typed names and electronic signatures will not be accepted.-  This means don't type your name where it says 'signature is required' or 'Sponsors Signature'. Your actual signature should be signed there. And after you should be able to make photocopies or scanned copies of the signed version for NVC or Embassy.

i typed my name where it says "print name" and then signed it with pen (by hand) where it says "signature"--> this should be ok right - Yes, this should be ok

I am waiting for my case number from NVC  for my spouse. In the meantime should i file my taxes for 2018 ? Should i file as Single or Married filing separately ? I tried to file married filing separately but found out that i cannot e-file since my spouse is not here and do'nt have ssn. What will be the best option in this condition.  Also paper tax filing tax return takes 6- 8 weeks so if i file my taxes i wont be able to generate my tax transcript for 2018 taxes until several weeks for AOS

Edited by Nash44

42 minutes ago, Nash44 said:

I am waiting for my case number from NVC  for my spouse. In the meantime should i file my taxes for 2018 ? Should i file as Single or Married filing separately ? I tried to file married filing separately but found out that i cannot e-file since my spouse is not here and do'nt have ssn. What will be the best option in this condition.  Also paper tax filing tax return takes 6- 8 weeks so if i file my taxes i wont be able to generate my tax transcript for 2018 taxes until several weeks for AOS

Yeah if you’re married you have to file married. I mailed mine and the transcript won’t be ready for like 2 months you are correct. You will just have to write a letter if you get your case number before the transcript as to why you are submitting W2 without a tax transcript. That is what I have to do as well. NVC case numbers have been taking a while I am currently on week 6 of waiting. Not sure when nvc received your petition, but if it was recently there’s a chance you’ll have your transcript in time. 

16 minutes ago, KJ2 said:

Yeah if you’re married you have to file married. I mailed mine and the transcript won’t be ready for like 2 months you are correct. You will just have to write a letter if you get your case number before the transcript as to why you are submitting W2 without a tax transcript. That is what I have to do as well. NVC case numbers have been taking a while I am currently on week 6 of waiting. Not sure when nvc received your petition, but if it was recently there’s a chance you’ll have your transcript in time. 

NVC received mine on Jan 24. Did you filed your tax return as married filing separately? Did you put NRA in SSN field or what you did ? can you tell me more on how you filed your taxes ?

Edited by Nash44

On 2/16/2019 at 10:19 AM, nastra30 said:

If you don't owe any taxes I think your transcript will be available within days if you file electronically. Mine was available within 3 days.

Do you know how long will it for transcripts to be available if you do the paper file? Cant see the option for e-file without SSN. Dont know how you guys been filing in electronically?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.