Mzlin35

I-130 March 2018 filers [merged threads]

2,480 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
9 hours ago, SM&RM said:

You will complete I-864 and he will complete I-864A

Thank you!!

Does anyone know if the information that we entered on our original i130 application is cross checked with the NVC app? Like how do they verify if the information is the same?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Dee93 said:

Thank you!!

Does anyone know if the information that we entered on our original i130 application is cross checked with the NVC app? Like how do they verify if the information is the same?

Yes, they cross check it to the DS-260. I used my I-130 to make sure my information on my DS-260 matched. I have only done a papers version DS-260 so far so I am ready when I get my case number. NVC does all the security checks. They look for discrepancies and security concerns. I haven’t seen an issue with anyone’s DS-260’s though. 

Edited by SM&RM

Timeline
23 minutes ago, SM&RM said:

Yes, they cross check it to the DS-260. I used my I-130 to make sure my information on my DS-260 matched. I have only done a papers version DS-260 so far so I am ready when I get my case number. NVC does all the security checks. They look for discrepancies and security concerns. I haven’t seen an issue with anyone’s DS-260’s though. 

Thank you for answering! My husband and I were filling out his IV application on NVC and I realized I entered his father's name backwards on the i130-- like i made his last name = first name and first name= last name on the i130. we only realized because we were going through it and I was looking at the pictures I took of my submitted i130. I'm not sure who I should contact to inform them of the mistake. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Dee93 said:

Thank you for answering! My husband and I were filling out his IV application on NVC and I realized I entered his father's name backwards on the i130-- like i made his last name = first name and first name= last name on the i130. we only realized because we were going through it and I was looking at the pictures I took of my submitted i130. I'm not sure who I should contact to inform them of the mistake. 

It’s ok. They will go off of the DS-260. They can see the name was arranged differently. My husbands mom’s middle name is spelled wrong, but I will keep it that way for the DS-260. I don’t need to raise red flags with changing information. Her birth certificate and Id has a different middle name on it....Lol 

FINALLY got our NVC Case Number (after my two other family members had already got theirs)!! Our timeline is looking like this:

Priority date - 03/15/2018

Approved by USCIS - 12/12/2018

Sent to NVC - 12/18/2018

Case Number from NVC - 02/12/2019

Now to pay the fees today and get on with the next round of paperwork!

Timeline
9 minutes ago, SM&RM said:

It’s ok. They will go off of the DS-260. They can see the name was arranged differently. My husbands mom’s middle name is spelled wrong, but I will keep it that way for the DS-260. I don’t need to raise red flags with changing information. Her birth certificate and Id has a different middle name on it....Lol 

I'm soo paranoid. So I should just fix it on the DS-260 right (like the correct way) ahhh my husband and I have been freaking out since last night- it was the most honest and stupidest mistake I could've made smh

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Dee93 said:

I'm soo paranoid. So I should just fix it on the DS-260 right (like the correct way) ahhh my husband and I have been freaking out since last night- it was the most honest and stupidest mistake I could've made smh

It’s ok. Put his name the correct way on the DS-260. His name shows on your husbands birth certificate? 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, alannah_rose said:

FINALLY got our NVC Case Number (after my two other family members had already got theirs)!! Our timeline is looking like this:

Priority date - 03/15/2018

Approved by USCIS - 12/12/2018

Sent to NVC - 12/18/2018

Case Number from NVC - 02/12/2019

Now to pay the fees today and get on with the next round of paperwork!

Congratulations! You got your number on 2/11 or 2/12? I’m not sure if you are overseas.  

Edited by SM&RM

Timeline
Just now, alannah_rose said:

Feb 12th :) I'm in Australia so we're a day ahead.

Cool. I figured that...Lol Well congratulations! Case complete soon. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I am so frustrated with electronic application center (DS-260) I am trying to sign and submit but it doesn't move on to next step, confirmation. It keeps asking me to enter the code , sign, submit. Is it a glitch, perhaps? Is anybody else having trouble???

Timeline
1 hour ago, SM&RM said:

It’s ok. Put his name the correct way on the DS-260. His name shows on your husbands birth certificate? 

yes his name on his birth certificate, and thank you thats what i'm doing 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
6 hours ago, Dee93 said:

For Question 3- I should not be putting 1 right, since it says "persons NOT sponsored in this affidavit"

image.png

Correct. If the spouse you are sponsoring (implied) is already accounted for on Line 1, then do NOT double count them on Line 3. 

"Note: Do not count any member of your household more than once."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.