Mzlin35

I-130 March 2018 filers [merged threads]

2,480 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, KJ2 said:

Hey I'm a few weeks behind you also CR1 from Costa Rica.  Did you submit originals of your certificates?  I know CR embassy wants everything originals with stamps etc.  I'm going to submit translations just to be safe... thanks!

Hi, our case was electronic. So yes I submitted scanned color versions of the original documents. I suggest you CAREFULLY take off the stamps that are stapled on the civil registry documents, take off anything that is affixed to the originals and scan them on a separate page. If you need help when you're doing this part please let me know and message me privately.

1 minute ago, Cari & Andy UB said:

They told me yesterday the same as the first submission, up to 3 weeks.

Ah ok. ... So by next week as it’s been 2weeks today. 

In my first submssion tbey responded in 7days exactly. 

Thanks so much. Nearly there 🙏🏾🙏🏾 Let’s keep updating!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, kateree11 said:

It all depends on the agent I guess, because there are a couple of people who have submitted only 2018 w2 without transcript being that they haven’t filed taxes yet and get case comolete without a RFE

I’m talking about the ones who have submitted 2018 W2’s with no tax return and did not provide 2017 transcript and W2. 2018 is fine if you provide W2 and tax return. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, SM&RM said:

You can use your father alone. His W2 will separate his income from your mom’s. If you need both in order to qualify, then yes they both need to fill out I-864a. 

Thank you sooooo much for responding to my questions. This NVC step is sooooo frustrating. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Cari & Andy UB said:

Hi we received a notification email on Tuesday, 02/05, but we don't have CC yet. They rejected my marriage certificate for 1 stamp that was sideways. Which honestly is frustrating. Someone had commented on here that even though the items are "accepted" they could still be rejected before CC... but I spoke to someone at NVC and they said that "accepted" means accepted and that once they review the last rejected document. They will give us CC and put is in the line for an interview. Good luck. Let me know if you have any questions.

That is not what I said at all, but ok. I said that although what you submitted is accepted NVC can send RFE for another document based on your submission; for example you submit 2018 W2 and it was accepted, but you didn’t submit tax return so now that prompts NVC to send RFE for your tax return for 2018. If you never submitted 2018 W2’s NVC would not ask for 2018 tax return then no RFE. I was just saying providing extra information can sometimes put us in trouble, because it can cause NVC to ask for something else. I was not saying a document that has been accepted would then be rejected later. Maybe I didn’t explain myself well when I initially posted my response. 

3 minutes ago, R.DeLeon79 said:

Thank you sooooo much for responding to my questions. This NVC step is sooooo frustrating. 

It really is. 

6 minutes ago, SM&RM said:

That is not what I said at all, but ok. I said that although what you submitted is accepted NVC can send RFE for another document based on your submission; for example you submit 2018 W2 and it was accepted, but you didn’t submit tax return so now that prompts NVC to send RFE for your tax return for 2018. If you never submitted 2018 W2’s NVC would not ask for 2018 tax return then no RFE. I was just saying providing extra information can sometimes put us in trouble, because it can cause NVC to ask for something else. I was not saying a document that has been accepted would then be rejected later. Maybe I didn’t explain myself well when I initially posted my response. 

It really is. 

No worries. Not at all stressed about that. I received their confirmation that they accepted whatever I sent them. They are only rejecting my marriage certificate, because a stamp on the back was sideways. SMH.

Regardless, I have to agree with the other person who commented who said we all will experience different things and they most definitely aren't consistent, so who knows. The one thing that I think in general NVC wants is to make sure all your documents are vertical and words can be read horizontally; because for some reason NVC cannot get the latest version of PDF to have the ability to rotate pages themselves. Each PDF license is like $15 per computer and for organizations like that, they have discounts...NVC needs some updates.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Cari & Andy UB said:

No worries. Not at all stressed about that. I received their confirmation that they accepted whatever I sent them. They are only rejecting my marriage certificate, because a stamp on the back was sideways. SMH.

Regardless, I have to agree with the other person who commented who said we all will experience different things and they most definitely aren't consistent, so who knows. The one thing that I think in general NVC wants is to make sure all your documents are vertical and words can be read horizontally; because for some reason NVC cannot get the latest version of PDF to have the ability to rotate pages themselves. Each PDF license is like $15 per computer and for organizations like that, they have discounts...NVC needs some updates.

That is true. Thank you for sharing your experience. Wishing you all the best for your interview. I agree with them too. NVC is not cut and dry. It is a big headache. 

Edited by SM&RM

2 hours ago, Cari & Andy UB said:

Hi, our case was electronic. So yes I submitted scanned color versions of the original documents. I suggest you CAREFULLY take off the stamps that are stapled on the civil registry documents, take off anything that is affixed to the originals and scan them on a separate page. If you need help when you're doing this part please let me know and message me privately.

Thanks I will! :)

On 2/6/2019 at 10:03 AM, Mmefall said:

You should be within like the next two weeks! And thank you :)

i guess i have to continue being patient and still call frequently.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, mrsgeorge1 said:

i guess i have to continue being patient and still call frequently.

As usual I'm using you as my yard stick to measure my progress😂.

20 hours ago, nastra30 said:

As usual I'm using you as my yard stick to measure my progress😂.

hehehehehe..u r funny.. believe me  i feel like am always running behind everybody else..

Edited by mrsgeorge1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi everyone, 

Not sure if anyone can help me with this but I hope you can

I'm at the NVC stage right now and sort of confused. So I will be using my brother as a joint sponsor- and I understand he will be completing Form i864a, since he lives in the same residence as me. My question is then is he required to also complete Form i864? or is just Form i864a enough?

1 hour ago, Dee93 said:

Hi everyone, 

I'm at the NVC stage right now and sort of confused. So I will be using my brother as a joint sponsor- and I understand he will be completing Form i864a, since he lives in the same residence as me. My question is then is he required to also complete Form i864? or is just Form i864a enough?

i864a form is the right form for ur brother since u live together and share the same address.. i864 is for somebody who doesnt live with u..related or not..hope this helps.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
14 minutes ago, mrsgeorge1 said:

i864a form is the right form for ur brother since u live together and share the same address.. i864 is for somebody who doesnt live with u..related or not..hope this helps.

thanks so much!!

Timeline
18 hours ago, Dee93 said:

Hi everyone, 

You will complete I-864 and he will complete I-864A

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.