Just an update: 

PD: 03/28/2018

NOA 2: 11/26/2018

Sent to NVC: 11/29/2018

NVC received: 12/07/2018

Case # assigned: 01/31/2019

Fees submitted: 02/01/2019

Fees processed: 02/05/2019

Now I have the monster of AOS documents and form to fill out just waiting for me. I also have not filed my 2018 taxes yet. So should I only submit my 2017 IRS transcript and a 2018 W2s (have two employers this year)? Also, should I submit an employment verification letter for this year, as this year an onwards my income is way above the poverty guidelines. 

I'm only concerned because if I submit just 2017 IRS transcripts- my income is below the required and then I would need to add a joint sponsor, however, if I show my w2s for 2018, my income is sufficient???

Are they no longer accepting W2s?

If I were you, I would file my 2018 taxes first.. my lawyer told me that if I were to submit my 2017 info and my case was given an interview before April 15th id be fine.. BUT if they gave it after April 15th, they’d send the case back and ask for 2018 tax info.. which would only delay the process.. so it’s a risk sending in 2017 taxes.. i chose to file my 2018 taxes before filing documentation. 

9 hours ago, Dee93 said:

Just an update: 

Now I have the monster of AOS documents and form to fill out just waiting for me. I also have not filed my 2018 taxes yet. So should I only submit my 2017 IRS transcript and a 2018 W2s (have two employers this year)? Also, should I submit an employment verification letter for this year, as this year an onwards my income is way above the poverty guidelines. 

I'm only concerned because if I submit just 2017 IRS transcripts- my income is below the required and then I would need to add a joint sponsor, however, if I show my w2s for 2018, my income is sufficient???

If I were you, I would file my 2018 taxes first.. my lawyer told me that if I were to submit my 2017 info and my case was given an interview before April 15th id be fine.. BUT if they gave it after April 15th, they’d send the case back and ask for 2018 tax info.. which would only delay the process.. so it’s a risk sending in 2017 taxes.. i chose to file my 2018 taxes before filing documentation. 

9 hours ago, Dee93 said:

Just an update: 

39 minutes ago, Rosalessss1023 said:

I agree with you and that is true. If we owe money and don’t receive a tax transcript anytime soon, even if we file 2018, what should we submit? For those who owe money you don’t get your transcript until June or so and my interview will probably be in April or May.  It’s the IRS that would have not given me the transcript yet. Not sure what to do! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, KJ2 said:

I agree with you and that is true. If we owe money and don’t receive a tax transcript anytime soon, even if we file 2018, what should we submit? For those who owe money you don’t get your transcript until June or so and my interview will probably be in April or May.  It’s the IRS that would have not given me the transcript yet. Not sure what to do! 

I would not submit 2018 W2’s without a tax return with it. I have seen several RFE’s for doing that. At this point I would submit a 2017 transcript with a W2. Submit paystubs and a job letter to show current income. You will take your 2018 tax return and W2 to your interview. I will not get my transcript until June too because I had to mail in my taxes and I owe 😢! I will have to do the same thing. I’m assuming you are completing an I-864ez. 

Edited by SM&RM

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
1 minute ago, SM&RM said:

I would not submit 2018 W2’s without a tax return with it. I have seen several RFE’s for doing that. At this point I would submit a 2017 transcript with a W2. Submit paystubs and a job letter to show current income. You will take your 2018 tax return and W2 to your interview. I will not get my transcript until June too because I had to mail in my taxes and I owe 😢

Im kind of confused 😔😉 you said you WOULD NOT submit 2018 w2s w/out tax return with it. Then said "At this point I would submit a 2017 transcript with a W2".. can you clarify what you meant 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Mmefall said:

Im kind of confused 😔😉 you said you WOULD NOT submit 2018 w2s w/out tax return with it. Then said "At this point I would submit a 2017 transcript with a W2".. can you clarify what you meant 

Yes that’s what I meant.  I would not submit a 2018 W2 if I don’t have a tax return to go with it. I would submit my 2017 tax transcript with my W2. I would provide paystubs and a job letter to show my 2018 income. No need to give them a reason to give RFE. NVC is concerned with 2017 taxes right now. 

Edited by SM&RM

Timeline
7 minutes ago, SM&RM said:

Yes that’s what I meant.  I would not submit a 2018 W2 if I don’t have a tax return to go with it. I would submit my 2017 tax transcript with my W2. I would provide paystubs and a job letter to show my 2018 income. No need to give them a reason to give RFE. NVC is concerned with 2017 taxes right now. 

So its better to submit 2017s tax transcript with 2017s W2 but not a w2 for 2018 just letter and paystubs? Wouldnt a w2 already include the info on the paystubs in a year end summary?

1 minute ago, Mmefall said:

So its better to submit 2017s tax transcript with 2017s W2 but not a w2 for 2018 just letter and paystubs? Wouldnt a w2 already include the info on the paystubs in a year end summary?

I submitted tax transcripts for 2015, 2016, 2017. I submitted W-2’s for 2017 & 2018. All my AOS documents were accepted.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Cari & Andy UB said:

I submitted tax transcripts for 2015, 2016, 2017. I submitted W-2’s for 2017 & 2018. All my AOS documents were accepted.

I really have no choice because ill also owe and havent filed yet for 2018. So I will submit like you have and PRAY for the best 🤞🏾 my w2 proves my income is sufficient for sponsoring

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Mmefall said:

That’s what I would do, not my logic but NVC’s way. W2’s do not show current income. Paystubs and a job letter does. Please review above. 

Edited by SM&RM

Timeline
3 minutes ago, SM&RM said:

That’s what I would do, not my logic but NVC’s way. W2’s do not show current income. Paystubs and a job letter does. Please review above. 

I will do this:

Submit prior years up to 2017 tax transcripts. 2018 w2s, letter from my job, and pay stubbs for paychecks after dec 31st. Hopefully that will do it, thats all Ive got to give. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Mmefall said:

I really have no choice because ill also owe and havent filed yet for 2018. So I will submit like you have and PRAY for the best 🤞🏾 my w2 proves my income is sufficient for sponsoring

All depends who reviews your files 🙏🏽

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Mmefall said:

I will do this:

Submit prior years up to 2017 tax transcripts. 2018 w2s, letter from my job, and pay stubbs for paychecks after dec 31st. Hopefully that will do it, thats all Ive got to give. 

Sounds like a plan. The problem is NVC has no standard guidelines. You are at the discretion of the officer reviewing your case. One petitioner might get by with just putting W2’s and another not. If you need it to show your income, then submit it. None of us really know until we submit our documents, because we have different people reviewing our cases with no guidelines. This process is not meant to be easy for us. They have been instructed to review everything with a fine tooth comb and cause delays for simple things, such as submitting a letter under its title and not under the title Tax return...SMH

Edited by SM&RM

Timeline

28 minutes ago, Cari & Andy UB said:

That’s good news, but unfortunately everyone is not getting the same result. As of 2 weeks NVC is only accepting tax transcripts, so this has made things more complicated for people who were told to submit 2018 taxes. 

Edited by SM&RM

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Mmefall said:

I will do this:

Sounds good. It worked for the petitioner above, so that’s a good thing. NVC is really concerned with the 2017 taxes right now for everyone who is uploading documents. I would just do what you said you are going to do. I filed already, but I’m not sure if I should upload my 2018 tax return with W2. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.