PD : March 15th 2018 

Approval : November 26th 2018

Sent To department of state : December 7th 2018 

NVC received : December 13th 2018 

NVC Welcome email : January 3rd 2019 

NVC complete : Feburary 4th 2019

That’s awesome congratulations!

Your timeline was quick! 

How long after you submitted your documents before they completed your case?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
Just now, Arcangel said:

That’s awesome congratulations!

Your timeline was quick! 

How long after you submitted your documents before they completed your case?

Hey. So I took a little longer because I was waiting on my dads W2 to do the 2018 income taxes and send those in already. But I sent my documents in and they received it January 31. And they completed my case Feburary 4th. 

3 minutes ago, Layanis J said:

Hey. So I took a little longer because I was waiting on my dads W2 to do the 2018 income taxes and send those in already. But I sent my documents in and they received it January 31. And they completed my case Feburary 4th. 

State of the Union time!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 1/29/2019 at 1:10 AM, Mmefall said:

Thanks for your reply. I am wondering if they will accept a w2 for 2018 instead of a tax transcript because I havent filed taxes yet :(

I would only submit 2017 with W2 if you haven’t filed your 2018 taxes. W2’s alone won’t suffice. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
1 minute ago, SM&RM said:

I would only submit 2017 with W2 if you haven’t filed your 2018 taxes. W2’s alone won’t suffice. 

I am planning to submit 2017 irs transcript, 2018 w2 and a letter explaining why I havent filed taxes yet and hopefully that will work? Its only February so I hope they dont expect everyone to have filef taxes already

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Arcangel said:

Sadly, like it or not, this affects us

Yeah, but won’t make a difference if I watch it or not. He will just boast about his ratings...Lol I won’t entertain his arrogance.  

2 minutes ago, Mmefall said:

I am planning to submit 2017 irs transcript, 2018 w2 and a letter explaining why I havent filed taxes yet and hopefully that will work? Its only February so I hope they dont expect everyone to have filef taxes already

Ok. The letter has to go under tax transcript in mandatory documents and in optional documents under letter why you didn’t file taxes. I saw RFE because someone only put the letter in optional documents. They had to put it under transcript/tax return too. 

Edited by SM&RM

23 minutes ago, kateree11 said:

Woww ! She got case complete really quick, didn’t have to wait 2-3 weeks after document submission. Maybe we are as lucky also. I submitted documents the same day you did also 😁

@kateree11 please keep me posted and I’ll do the same!

🙏

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Just an update: 

PD: 03/28/2018

NOA 2: 11/26/2018

Sent to NVC: 11/29/2018

NVC received: 12/07/2018

Case # assigned: 01/31/2019

Fees submitted: 02/01/2019

Fees processed: 02/05/2019

Now I have the monster of AOS documents and form to fill out just waiting for me. I also have not filed my 2018 taxes yet. So should I only submit my 2017 IRS transcript and a 2018 W2s (have two employers this year)? Also, should I submit an employment verification letter for this year, as this year an onwards my income is way above the poverty guidelines. 

I'm only concerned because if I submit just 2017 IRS transcripts- my income is below the required and then I would need to add a joint sponsor, however, if I show my w2s for 2018, my income is sufficient???

Are they no longer accepting W2s?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello Everyone!!!! Greetings from Ramstein US Air Force Base!!! (Here for a few weeks completing my Air Force Reserve duty, then back to my husband in Brazil where we currently live)

***UPDATE***

My husband and I got our case # from the NVC yesterday via email! (our lawyers were copied on the email as well)

PD March 29th 2018

Nebraska approved Nov 28th

Sent to NVC Dec 10th 

NVC received Dec 17th

NVC processed Feb 5th

So excited to finally move to the next step!!!

16 hours ago, Mmefall said:

Hey Guys! 

***UPDATE***

My husband and I got our case # from the NVC today via email!

PD march 26th 2018

Sent to Nvc dec 10th 

Nvc received dec 13th

Wooohooo onto paying fees and doing our applications  :)

Congratulations guys thats so awesome!!.. am still waiting for my case number..NVC received my file on 12/31..i have bn calling weekly now.. even yesterday.. no case number yet..

Timeline
1 hour ago, mrsgeorge1 said:

Congratulations guys thats so awesome!!.. am still waiting for my case number..NVC received my file on 12/31..i have bn calling weekly now.. even yesterday.. no case number yet..

You should be within like the next two weeks! And thank you :)

Timeline
9 hours ago, Dee93 said:

Just an update: 

PD: 03/28/2018

NOA 2: 11/26/2018

Sent to NVC: 11/29/2018

NVC received: 12/07/2018

Case # assigned: 01/31/2019

Fees submitted: 02/01/2019

Fees processed: 02/05/2019

Now I have the monster of AOS documents and form to fill out just waiting for me. I also have not filed my 2018 taxes yet. So should I only submit my 2017 IRS transcript and a 2018 W2s (have two employers this year)? Also, should I submit an employment verification letter for this year, as this year an onwards my income is way above the poverty guidelines. 

I'm only concerned because if I submit just 2017 IRS transcripts- my income is below the required and then I would need to add a joint sponsor, however, if I show my w2s for 2018, my income is sufficient???

Are they no longer accepting W2s?

I am wondering this too. I dont have taxes filed yet for 2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.