Mzlin35

I-130 March 2018 filers [merged threads]

2,480 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, Muffinji said:

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ <- select i130 and then Nebraska service center. 

Also on this forum, the top right corner should have a menu bar, pick processing time from the bar options. And a page with current processing time for all according to cases updated by forum members will appear / and a more advanced search function/ filter. 

thanks

Timeline
8 hours ago, MrsB2212 said:

Im too scared to  look at processing times 😬 lest I collapse! I can just about take being apart as it is..,

I got scared too nebraska says 9 to 11.5 months :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Yay! Mail came in (on a Saturday!) NOA1 received and it says my notice date/ NOA1 is 19 March while Priority date is 14 March. Though, since husband is USC priority date shouldn’t matter. 

Hello, I am new to the forum but have been reading other threads for quite a while now. I am hoping to file an i130 for my wife in Pakistan in the coming days. Even though I have read multiple threads and the visa journey guides I would appreciate some guidance from everyone here before I submit the packet so that I have all the documents.

So far I have gathered:

My Documents:

1. 2 passport size photos on white/offwhite background
  2. I have a US Passport (should I scan the main page or all pages?)
  3. I have my birth certificate in Urdu (do I need it translated in English or is this even required)
  4. I still need to add my Naturalization Certificate

Wife's Documents:

1. 2 passport size pize pictures on white/offwhite background
  2. Birth certificate in Urdu and English
  3. Educational History (heard it was needed down the line)
  4. She doesn't have a passport

Marriage:

1. Marriage certificate in Urdu and English
  2. Evidence based on http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1
    1. I can add WhatsApp chats
    2. I have pictures of our engagement and wedding
    3. Would that qualify or should I get the affidavits? If so can someone give me an example?

Please let me know if I am missing anything. I would like to submit the documents this week. 

Thank you all!

Timeline
7 minutes ago, umalik91 said:

Hello, I am new to the forum but have been reading other threads for quite a while now. I am hoping to file an i130 for my wife in Pakistan in the coming days. Even though I have read multiple threads and the visa journey guides I would appreciate some guidance from everyone here before I submit the packet so that I have all the documents.

So far I have gathered:

My Documents:

3. I have my birth certificate in Urdu (do I need it translated in English or is this even required)

Wife's Documents:

Marriage:

3. Would that qualify or should I get the affidavits? If so can someone give me an example?

Please let me know if I am missing anything. I would like to submit the documents this week. 

Thank you all!

I think add pages of your passport with proof of stamps when you went to visit her (no need the whole passport) and flight tickets. 

I’m not sure about the rest but I think you need your birth certificate translated- but maybe wait till someone with experience in this to comment.

I didn’t include affidavits for mine but it was because I included a few picture from everytime we met up, some had pictures of us with family or friends (8 times ; ranging from 2wks-2mths every time), flight tickets, from when we started our relationship till our recent marriage where both side of our family was around for. 

It does seem like you have all the main documents required. :) 

hopefully someone with a similar case as yours (naturalization ) can comment more and help. 

Timeline
14 hours ago, Muffinji said:

Yay! Mail came in (on a Saturday!) NOA1 received and it says my notice date/ NOA1 is 19 March while Priority date is 14 March. Though, since husband is USC priority date shouldn’t matter. 

So you  sent it march 14. And they received it march 19 because i did the same thing

Timeline
10 hours ago, Michelle609 said:

So you  sent it march 14. And they received it march 19 because i did the same thing

Uhm no. FedEx delivered /USCIS received it 14March but my Official NOA-1 that came in the mail on saturday (not text or email notification that I received on 21 March) said USCIS issued it on 19 March.

a little confusing lol so Uhm 

Mailed I-130 (fedex) : 10 March

fedex delivered to Phoenix lockbox : 14 March 

received text & email notification from USCIS : 21 March 

received NOA1 from Mail (post) : 24 March 

Printed notice date on NOA 1 : 19 March

(was half asleep earlier when I saw your post lol ) 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Muffinji said:

Uhm no. FedEx delivered /USCIS received it 14March but my Official NOA-1 that came in the mail on saturday (not text or email notification that I received on 21 March) said USCIS issued it on 19 March.

a little confusing lol so Uhm 

Mailed I-130 (fedex) : 10 March

fedex delivered to Phoenix lockbox : 14 March 

received text & email notification from USCIS : 21 March 

received NOA1 from Mail (post) : 24 March 

Printed notice date on NOA 1 : 19 March

(was half asleep earlier when I saw your post lol ) 

Oh ok...

I sent it march 14 

They received it the 19

I got my email/text the 23 

Waiting on my Noa1 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 3/25/2018 at 6:19 AM, umalik91 said:

So far I have gathered:

My Documents:

Wife's Documents:

Marriage:

Thank you all!

Copy all pages of your passport.

Yes you have to translate anything not in English to English.

It wouldn't hurt to add your naturalization certificate.

You also want to add call logs and video logs as evidence. 

Affidavits aren't necessary, just make sure you add quality evidence in the way of chats, call logs, and photos. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.