Mzlin35

I-130 March 2018 filers [merged threads]

2,480 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
2 hours ago, Mmefall said:

Hey guys I have a quick question. 

I am still waiting on my NVC case # they received my case on Dec. 13th. For the affidavit of support will my w2 suffice fo prove income for 2018? Or do I have to file taxes and wait for a transcript? (I have tax trascripts for prior years filed)

Fyi. My income will be only one provided on affidavit. No joint sponsor.

Has anybody submitted just w2 and been ok w/ nvc?

Thank you!! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I received my case # from NVC today!!

PD :  03/07/2018

Approved:  11/15/2018

NVC received : 12/04/2018

NVC case# received : 01/28/2019

👏😊

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, kateree11 said:

How long after I request a tax transcript online at the irs website, will i receive it ? 

An online transcript is available to download immediately

Timeline
21 hours ago, MrsB2212 said:

Hi! 

Ya I called every week for 6 Weeks!

So the NVC for us - We were allowed to submit payment on December  6th 2018.

We were traveling and had our 1st wedding anniversary which is near Christmas then the holidays  and in between there were severe storms and power cuts etc, it was a bit of a nightmare! 😫

Anyway so we finally submitted on January 5th 2019.

On January 14th we got an NVC Email message to change/ replace two of the documents 🙁

One of the documents had to re-sourced again all the way from Botswana!

We used our attorneys just to expedite the process and it took about a week to get it amended and returned to us. 

So I re-submitted the new docs last week. 

Now waiting for the next response from NVC

DS260 was a pain in the 🤬 butt. It took me three days to do it, as it kept kicking me out and not saving my address history 🤨🤯

It was so frustrating I honestly don’t even remember the e-signature part?!!! 🤷🏽‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️  I don’t think it had that one - but hey, I could be wrong 🤷🏽‍♀️ 

Anyway this is my take -  as it’s a electronic application - at least it is for my process -  I don’t think it matters who fills it in, as long as you put in the information they want, ie: pertaining to the beneficiary, and it is signed appropriately by the right party-  if a signature is required. 

Example - I’m the beneficiary and my husband is my USC petitioner , and throughout the whole process from theI-130 and I-130A and I-864EZ and DS260, I have been filling in ALL the application forms, and then giving my husband the forms which he needs to sign - as it’s been an ink signature needed so far for the petitioner. 

If signature is requested in INK, only the appropriate person can sign. 

Now if it’s an e-signature, I really don’t think it matters who does it.

As long as it’s the e-signature of the appropriate party - ie the beneficiary, and not yours. 

Whether you or they have their  e-signature saved on the pc and you use it, or you create an e-signature for them and use it - the person must AGREE, and must KNOW you have placed THEIR signature on or signed a document with it, and know WHAT documents are being signed for.

Example-  if for any reason your spouse cannot use a computer, and your submission is electronic, and requires an e-signature, you would have to fill in the DS260 and if required, place the e- signature for them. That is assuming they know you are doing it for them, and they agree to it.  

I think this goes without saying -  You cannt e-sign it without their knowledge or consent or it’s fraud. 

I hope this helps. 

******* Please guys this is  just my humble opinion 😊.

I am a Physican, NOT an Attorney *******

Yep, I agree. If I do complete on his behalf, I will be doing it with his consent. Which documents did NVC ask you to replace? If you don't mind me asking..

Thank you soooo much for the detailed response, helped immensely! 

1 hour ago, Dee93 said:

Yep, I agree. If I do complete on his behalf, I will be doing it with his consent. Which documents did NVC ask you to replace? If you don't mind me asking..

Thank you soooo much for the detailed response, helped immensely! 

No problem at all. Glad I can help someone. 

The documents NVC had asked to replaced were both my foreign police certificates. 

The police certificate from Switzerland was scanned vertically, so they rejected it, and asked for me to re-scan it horizontally. I thought they could just rotate it no? 😂🤷🏽‍♀️  They are that picky. 

The police certificate from Botswana at first couldn’t be sourced, I had been trying since July. They wanted a work permit or residents permit or something as I was a foreign national and a minor at the time, so I didn’t have anything. Long story short, I had a cover letter from Botswana detailing this which I submitted. 

The NVC rejected the letter and said they need a police certificate to go with that. 

We finally got it through our attorneys in Botswana who actually went to the Criminal Investigations Bureau for us who got a certificate to reflect the letter. 

So so that was all that was needed from us. So now just waiting. Hoping now they will both be accepted. 

How is your process going ?

5 hours ago, Mmefall said:

Hey guys I have a quick question. 

I am still waiting on my NVC case # they received my case on Dec. 13th. For the affidavit of support with w2 suffice fo prove income for 2018? Or do I have to file taxes and wait for a transcript? (I have tax trascripts for prior years filed)

Fyi. My income will be only one provided on affidavit. No joint sponsor.

Has anybody submitted just w2 and been ok w/ nvc?

Thank you!! 

My husband is my only sponsor - I submitted my husbands IRS transcripts for 2017, 2016 and 2015. I just downloaded from the IRS website. They have accepted them all. 2016 and 2015 I submitted as “additional /supporting documents”

Hope that helps guys 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
1 minute ago, MrsB2212 said:

My husband is my only sponsor - I submitted my husbands IRS transcripts for 2017, 2016 and 2015. I just downloaded from the IRS website. They have accepted them all. 2016 and 2015 I submitted as “additional /supporting documents”

Hope that helps guys 

Thanks for your reply. I am wondering if they will accept a w2 for 2018 instead of a tax transcript because I havent filed taxes yet :(

3 minutes ago, Mmefall said:

Thanks for your reply. I am wondering if they will accept a w2 for 2018 instead of a tax transcript because I havent filed taxes yet :(

Ya we submitted 2017, and  it accepted as he hadn’t filed for 2018 yet. At the time hubby said were within the tax year cut off. I don’t know the cut off timeframe. You have to check. You might be ok with 2017 if you havet yet filed 2018 (and two more years to support will go a long way). 

Edited by MrsB2212

On 1/27/2019 at 4:52 PM, kateree11 said:

Wow congrats! 

did you uplaod your wife’s COPY of her birth certificate and COPY of your marriage certificate? Can it be black and white copy ? 

Yes it can be black and white. All my documents that have been uploaded and accepted are black and white - EXCEPT for my passport photos. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 1/24/2019 at 2:53 PM, Sweetyp said:

Hi, Anyone here from canada still waiting for an Interview date in Montreal?  If they can let me know how long it takes for them to schedule an interview after case completed?  Let me know approx time line. Any help will be appreciated.  Case complited on 15th Jan 2019. let me know

Hi Sweetyp,

We will also be doing our interview in Montreal. We are a month behind you. Please keep us posted on when you receive an interview, both how many weeks out it was from Case Complete and then how many weeks you had between scheduling it and traveling. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, lilleahbeah said:

Hi Sweetyp,

We will also be doing our interview in Montreal. We are a month behind you. Please keep us posted on when you receive an interview, both how many weeks out it was from Case Complete and then how many weeks you had between scheduling it and traveling. Thanks!

Hi, Yes I will keep you posted. Did you get email from NVC about case completion (documents qualified) ? if you did when did you get an email about case completion and if you don't mind sharing your petition date? 

On 1/23/2019 at 12:00 PM, Marie85 said:

Congratulations.  When was there receipt date at the NVC?

Not sure of the exact date when it was recieved by NVC, we didn't get told but it got Approved by USCIS back in Mid December.

Timeline
18 hours ago, MrsB2212 said:

No problem at all. Glad I can help someone. 

The documents NVC had asked to replaced were both my foreign police certificates. 

The police certificate from Switzerland was scanned vertically, so they rejected it, and asked for me to re-scan it horizontally. I thought they could just rotate it no? 😂🤷🏽‍♀️  They are that picky. 

The police certificate from Botswana at first couldn’t be sourced, I had been trying since July. They wanted a work permit or residents permit or something as I was a foreign national and a minor at the time, so I didn’t have anything. Long story short, I had a cover letter from Botswana detailing this which I submitted. 

The NVC rejected the letter and said they need a police certificate to go with that. 

We finally got it through our attorneys in Botswana who actually went to the Criminal Investigations Bureau for us who got a certificate to reflect the letter. 

So so that was all that was needed from us. So now just waiting. Hoping now they will both be accepted. 

How is your process going ?

oh wow! well glad you were able to submit the correct documents!! I'm still waiting for my case # (AHHH). Called yesterday again and they still didn't have it, it'll be 8 weeks this Friday. Fingers crossed. Nervous for all of the document stage though

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
4 hours ago, Dee93 said:

oh wow! well glad you were able to submit the correct documents!! I'm still waiting for my case # (AHHH). Called yesterday again and they still didn't have it, it'll be 8 weeks this Friday. Fingers crossed. Nervous for all of the document stage though

Hmm, seems assigning of invoice and case numbers is beginning to stretch over 8 weeks by NVC. Seems I'll have to wait till March since NVC received my file in January.🤔

Fill your timeline if you can.

1 minute ago, nastra30 said:

🤔

Edited by nastra30

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.