Mzlin35

I-130 March 2018 filers [merged threads]

2,480 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline
21 hours ago, mashaka911 said:

How long did it take NVC to approve all the documents and DS form after you sent it to them?

NVC took 10 to 15 business days to review all the documents after I submitted AOS I864, IV DS 260 and supportive documents online. If all the documents are correct and you don't miss any document which they ask for then you will receive an email from NVC after 15 days that your case is completed and documentary approved.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Rosalessss1023 said:

I’m currently on Step 6 of the NVC Process.. which is to submit documents to NVC.. according to the NVC page it says to send copies of all documents.. my lawyer however is telling me to send the originals.. has anyone been through this process that can tell me what is the correct process? 

Do not under any circumstance send originals. NVC cannot be more clearer than that. If you originals you won't get them back. Plus, you may need the originals at your interview stage.

Not all lawyers are the same unfortunately.

Edited by nastra30

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 hours ago, lonestar2018 said:

FYI I just got my case number via email from NVC. Got approved November 8 and was sent to NVC November 28 

Wow great news.  When was if recvd by nvc ? I mean if it was sent to nvc on 11/28, they probably rcvd it in December, correct? I just want to confirm if they started December cases.  

Edited by Marie85

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 hours ago, arc1929 said:

Hey everyone! Hope all is well and this message reaches you in the best of health and good spirit. Just recieved my wife's interview notice for February 16th.  So it only took 2 weeks to get a date scheduled for Morroco. 

20190122_102542.jpg

Wow. Seems the Morrocan embassy is fast with interviews.

More progress for our family - my father in law has gotten his case number from NVC. Now just waiting for ours. We emailed NVC to query it and they said the standard - it hasn't been entered into the system yet. So we just continue being patient and waiting!!

16 minutes ago, alannah_rose said:

More progress for our family - my father in law has gotten his case number from NVC. Now just waiting for ours. We emailed NVC to query it and they said the standard - it hasn't been entered into the system yet. So we just continue being patient and waiting!!

When was the case received ? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, alannah_rose said:

Congratulations.  When was there receipt date at the NVC?

2 hours ago, Robbb said:

Waiting for nvc to review the documents and send me a interview date....

Same. Did you by any chance check the "Immigrant Visa Case Status" tab on the main CEAC webpage? Mine said "ACTION REQUIRED" and it said that I needed to gather the same documents I uploaded and re-send them to NVC but this time via email. I did it, but I wasn't sure if anyone else has had this sort of request. Is that normal? It said that if I didn't do it, my case wouldn't be reviewed and could delay so I did it. I sent all the same packets via email. Anyone else had this?

On 1/21/2019 at 1:57 PM, nastra30 said:

Do not under any circumstance send originals. NVC cannot be more clearer than that. If you originals you won't get them back. Plus, you may need the originals at your interview stage.

Not all lawyers are the same unfortunately.

Thank you!! I’ve been reading everything I find on NVC and I know it clearly says not to send originals but my lawyer made it seem like if I didn’t, my case would get denied. I’ve decided to send copies though. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.