Mzlin35

I-130 March 2018 filers [merged threads]

2,480 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

My file has finally been transferred to NVC after 26 days of approval. SMH to USCIS. Any progress is progress; looking forward to the new year for positive outcomes.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

A little bummed - received NOA2 on Nov. 16, and found out my case was only just transferred to NVC from Nebraska on Dec. 19. So I guess the 5, 6, 7, 8 week wait time has yet to start instead of being half over like I thought. 

Oh well, better me than some of you. I am with my spouse in Canada so at least we aren’t separated like some of you. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

PD - March 07, 2018

Nebraska approval - 11/15/2018

Sent to NVC - 11/26

NVC received - 12/04

Called NVC this morning. No case # yet. They told me I should have it before January 29th.

Timeline
2 hours ago, lilleahbeah said:

A little bummed - received NOA2 on Nov. 16, and found out my case was only just transferred to NVC from Nebraska on Dec. 19. So I guess the 5, 6, 7, 8 week wait time has yet to start instead of being half over like I thought. 

Oh well, better me than some of you. I am with my spouse in Canada so at least we aren’t separated like some of you. 

Hi Lilliahbeah! 

Im a newb and was searching all threads to see what the CR-1 timeline looks like for Canadians and if being Canadian makes any difference at all. 

If you still havent been approved to arrive, how many months are you going on? Have you had your interview yet? We, too, are together in Canada and won’t be filing the I-130 until mid Jan. 

Thank you!! 

Filed: Other Timeline
On 12/18/2018 at 4:17 PM, Regi84 said:

Any one here still with a pending case in Nebraska? I still have haven’t received any answered, I’m PD March 22 in old website and March 26 in new website. I’m always calling and they keep telling me the same thing about processing time. 😭😭😭😭. I believe USCIS forgot about me!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 12/30/2018 at 12:30 AM, Kacey8361 said:

Hi Lilliahbeah! 

Im a newb and was searching all threads to see what the CR-1 timeline looks like for Canadians and if being Canadian makes any difference at all. 

If you still havent been approved to arrive, how many months are you going on? Have you had your interview yet? We, too, are together in Canada and won’t be filing the I-130 until mid Jan. 

Thank you!! 

Hi Kacey,

Here’s what my timeline looks like:

NOA1: March 21, 2018

NOA2: November 16, 2018

Transferred to NVC: December 19, 2018

I expected it to take 11 months, now it’s looking closer to 12 or 13 from sending your initial paperwork to completing your interview. I would say not much difference for Canadians, except that you aren’t disadvantaged by being from a country that requires more evidence, more proof that you’re not a terrorist, etc. Also other countries have long embassy wait times for their interviews and I believe Canada is pretty quick. Best of luck to you!

On 12/9/2018 at 10:44 AM, Apelcina said:

I just got my case number, yay! When did you pay your fees? Would you be so kind as to update us when it is processed?

For anybody else interested, after the NVC received our case, it took just under 6 weeks for us to be assigned a case number (and we got it yesterday).

Sorry for the delay. 

We paid on Friday and it was ready for us to submit applications on Monday. 

How far far are you now ?

Timeline
10 hours ago, arc1929 said:

Hey guys. Hope all is well and everything is running smoothly for everyone. Just wanted to give a heads up on my case for others to know what to expect. My case was electronic so I had to upload my documents to the CEAC website. It looks like everything is complete now and they are in the phase of scheduling the interview. I received this email yesterday. 

Dear XXXXXX XXXXXXX,

The National Visa Center (NVC) received all of the fees, forms, and documents that are required prior to attending an immigrant visa interview at a U.S. Embassy/Consulate General overseas. NVC will work with the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in CASABLANCA, MORO to schedule an interview appointment for you. Once we have confirmed an interview date, we will send a notice to you, your petitioner and attorney (if applicable).

Please do NOT make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment until you have received an immigrant visa from the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General.

The U.S. Embassy/Consulate General may require additional documentation at the time of the interview.

Please visit https://nvc.state.gov/interview for information about immigrant visa interviews. Regards, National Visa Center, U.S. Department of State http://nvc.state.gov/ask

Case ID:XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Invoice ID:XXXXXXXXXXXXX

NOA1: 3-16-18

NOA2: 10-1-18

NVC Case No. Issued: 11-2-18

Documents Submitted: 12-19-18

Documents Reviewed and Accepted: 1-4-18

Service Center: Texas

Congrats; you are almost there. You'll get your interview date soon. 

What civil documents were asked to upload?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

We finally got our noa2 after such a long wait. No mail no e mail no app update... nothing! I phoned them and they gave ne the automated “lets file a case inquiry” response. But thank god the lady was very nice and transferred me to a tier 2 and voila! She said we were approved a week ago and case was sent to nvc. We’re so excited!! What’s next?

Timeline
On 1/5/2019 at 8:44 AM, arc1929 said:

Hey guys. Hope all is well and everything is running smoothly for everyone. Just wanted to give a heads up on my case for others to know what to expect. My case was electronic so I had to upload my documents to the CEAC website. It looks like everything is complete now and they are in the phase of scheduling the interview. I received this email yesterday. 

Dear XXXXXX XXXXXXX,

The National Visa Center (NVC) received all of the fees, forms, and documents that are required prior to attending an immigrant visa interview at a U.S. Embassy/Consulate General overseas. NVC will work with the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in CASABLANCA, MORO to schedule an interview appointment for you. Once we have confirmed an interview date, we will send a notice to you, your petitioner and attorney (if applicable).

Please do NOT make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment until you have received an immigrant visa from the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General.

The U.S. Embassy/Consulate General may require additional documentation at the time of the interview.

Please visit https://nvc.state.gov/interview for information about immigrant visa interviews. Regards, National Visa Center, U.S. Department of State http://nvc.state.gov/ask

Case ID:XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Invoice ID:XXXXXXXXXXXXX

NOA1: 3-16-18

NOA2: 10-1-18

NVC Case No. Issued: 11-2-18

Documents Submitted: 12-19-18

Documents Reviewed and Accepted: 1-4-18

Service Center: Texas

I think you meant -->

Documents Reviewed and Accepted: 1-4-19

:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.