Mzlin35

I-130 March 2018 filers [merged threads]

2,480 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Case approved 11/30

Sent to NVC 12/10 

Called nvc today and they said they received my case on 12/13 and may take up to 8 weeks for me to get case #

NVC waiting game begins 😬

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mmefall said:

Case approved 11/30

Sent to NVC 12/10 

Called nvc today and they said they received my case on 12/13 and may take up to 8 weeks for me to get case #

They’ve received your case the same day they received mine!!! (12/13/2018) So we’re nvc buddies lol!! Let’s keep each other posted!! Can’t wait!! ☺️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
14 minutes ago, alannah_rose said:

Does anyone know roughly how long it takes for the entire NVC process? And how long it takes to get an interview date?

For what I’ve seen people are getting things done in a month or so. Now the interview depends on your country’s embassy. For example , my husbands in Cuba , our embassy is Guyana. It’s taking 6 to 9 months for an interview 😒. But all embassy are different. ☺️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Layanis J said:

They’ve received your case the same day they received mine!!! (12/13/2018) So we’re nvc buddies lol!! Let’s keep each other posted!! Can’t wait!! ☺️

Yes please lets!! 🤗 keep me updated and ill do the same 

37 minutes ago, Layanis J said:

For what I’ve seen people are getting things done in a month or so. Now the interview depends on your country’s embassy. For example , my husbands in Cuba , our embassy is Guyana. It’s taking 6 to 9 months for an interview 😒. But all embassy are different. ☺️

How did you find out how long uts taking for an interview at your husband's embassy?

10 hours ago, Mmefall said:

Case approved 11/30

Sent to NVC 12/10 

aww how nice.. u guys are leaving me behind..i called NVC on December 10th and yesterday December 17th.. they havent received my approved 1-130 yet.. remember we have the same approval date of November 30th..

10 hours ago, Mmefall said:

Case approved 11/30

Sent to NVC 12/10 

am gonna call again maybe before year end..meanwhile am gonna learn from u guys since u seem to be ahead of so far..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 hours ago, mrsgeorge1 said:

am gonna call again maybe before year end..meanwhile am gonna learn from u guys since u seem to be ahead of so far..

Haha. It's you and I again. I called yesterday, and they haven't received my case too. I will be watching you again. 😁

Does anybody know how long after everything is complete at the NVC (affidavit of support,beneficiary documents, etc.) I will get an email regarding interview date? I called but they couldn’t give me an estimated time. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
18 hours ago, Mmefall said:

Case approved 11/30

Sent to NVC 12/10 

For me:

Case approved (Nebraska): 11/28

Sent to NVC: 12/10

Called NVC today and confirmed they received it yesterday 12/17

I tried to expedited since I am in the US Air Force and the lady said "NO" as is only for emergencies. Blah! She did said the reason is taking so long is because they are short of "data entry" employees to populate the case in the system. We just need to wait for 8 weeks or so...........

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Jae-sha said:

Does anybody know how long after everything is complete at the NVC (affidavit of support,beneficiary documents, etc.) I will get an email regarding interview date? I called but they couldn’t give me an estimated time. 

I believe after everything is approved on the system you schedule the interview in the system that works best with your schedule. That's what I was told by our US lawyers. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 hour ago, CarlosSeoanes said:

I believe after everything is approved on the system you schedule the interview in the system that works best with your schedule. That's what I was told by our US lawyers. 

Nope, the embassy schedules the interview for you.

CR1 NEBRASKA

I-130 SENT-3/26/18

I-130 RECEIVED-3/28/18

NOA1-4/2/18

NOA2-1/26/19

RECEIVED NOA2 IN MAIL-2/2/19

NVC RECEIVED PETITION-2/12/19

RECEIVED CASE AND INVOICE # FROM NVC-3/20/19

SUMMITED ALL DOCUMENTS-3/30/19

CASE COMPLETE-4/12/19

INTERVIEW LETTER-4/20/19

INTERVIEW-5/23/19 (Did not get Approved)

Second Interview-7/12/19 (Approved)

event.png

event.png

yum 006.JPG

Timeline
7 minutes ago, rbzdjyummy said:

Nope, the embassy schedules the interview for you.

But I would think that they give you date options and not just randomly schedule it. Especially for people that don't live close to the embassy. For example, here in Brazil we live in Sao Paulo (Brazil's biggest city) but the immigrant visas are done at the consulate in Rio de Janeiro only. So we need to fly there. There is another case in this forum where the person in in Cuba and the visa interview is done in Guyana. 

Maybe the consulate in Rio does it differently where we get to choose a date of the interview from the consulate/embassy system. 

Edited by CarlosSeoanes

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, CarlosSeoanes said:

But I would think that they give you date options and not just randomly schedule it. Especially for people that don't live close to the embassy. For example, here in Brazil we live in Sao Paulo but the immigrant visas are done at the consulate in Rio de Janeiro only. So we need to fly there. There is another case in this forum where the person in in Cuba and the visa interview is done in Guyana. 

Maybe the consulate in Rio does it differently where we get to choose a date of the interview from the consulate/embassy system. 

Carlos, in Brazil they also give you the date randomly. If you can't attend, then you can ask to reschedule it. Only for K-1 visas you can choose a specific date for your interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.