Mzlin35

I-130 March 2018 filers [merged threads]

2,480 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Muffinji said:

@MrsB2212 usually text/ e-mail notification in a week-10 days and then the official NOA1 letter mailed to you within 30days. Also, when you’re going visiting, do prepare proofs of your employer expecting you back at work / house lease/ etc besides flight tickets back because the ‘processing proof’ isn’t enough due to the fact that spouse that are in USA on a non immigrant visa also apply for I-130 to adjust status just that instead of having NVC like us after I-130is approved they concurrently now apply for an adjustment of status. So having I-130 isn’t proof you will leave cause it is possible just apply for another petition to change your status there without leaving with I-130. 

Cover your bases! :D 

@nativity did you receive the text/ email notification or the letter of NOA1 in mail? Because some don’t receive text/ e-mail notification thus the official NOA1 is the letter that arrives by postal mail and not the text/ e-mail notification. (Correct me if I’m wrong as that is my understanding from reading other topics here, I’m not an expert 😂😂 ) 

@Michelle609 I filed at Phoenix lockbox too. I got the text& email notification exactly a week from delivery date and waiting for official NOA1 to arrive still. 

I got an e-mail. No text for me because I filed from Turkey. I will write when I receive the hard copy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
1 hour ago, MrsB2212 said:

Ohhh I see....so I can be grilled really hard NOA1 or not huh 😩  

Well my take on it is.. sometimes it depends on your luck what sort of officer you get when you arrive. :P I’ve read that some were allowed through without them batting an eye while others were grilled so... 

also you are from UK so they might not grill you as much... 

But I’d rather you better be prepared than not. If they don’t bat an eye then yay! But at least if they do, you’ll be prepared and that is half the battle won! :P 

And there is a really good topic here for getting advice from those that have visited too. I believe they should be able to help you out ;) with their experiences :D 

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Asunción said:

I have a question for you guy, my case is in NBC is that normal?

Nebraska service center is one of the main ones processing I-130. Like, from USCIS website it receives a bulk of the I-130 petitions so it should be normal? Why would you think otherwise? 

Is there something special/ different about your case that concerns you? 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Asunción said:

@Muffinji is not the Nebraska service center is the National Benefits Center. I see other people send to Texas, California, Nebraska but my saids NBC

Ah, apologies, I thought it was a typing error 😅 forgetting there is the NBC. Well, it’s not abnormal if you’re filing adjustment of status. It’s one of the normal ones for adjustment of status. It would be abnormal for us because this topic is somewhat located in a IR/CR sub forum so most of us will not be sent there. 

:) 

but for your case specifically, it should be normal! 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Michelle609 said:

@Muffinji where can i look for processing times ? Do you know for nebraska service center

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ <- select i130 and then Nebraska service center. 

Also on this forum, the top right corner should have a menu bar, pick processing time from the bar options. And a page with current processing time for all according to cases updated by forum members will appear / and a more advanced search function/ filter. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 3/22/2018 at 3:23 PM, MrsB2212 said:

Our package was received at Phoenix lockbox today! Signed sealed and delivered! It’s theirs! 😂

Do I count 10 business days from today to receive the NOA1??

I am going to visit hubby for 3 weeks in May, and hope to have something, the NOA, to show the border security that we are in progress. 

Anyone travelled to visit USC spouses with I130 in progress, and been ok?

Woot woot!!!! Count from the day it was delivered. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.