Mzlin35

I-130 March 2018 filers [merged threads]

2,480 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
5 hours ago, Zeeko said:

Hi I just checked my case online and it says case was sent to the department of state.Does it means my case has been approved.  Nebraska  Pd 03/16.

wow that's great and weird, they never notified you for approval, but now you know its on its way to NVC. Congratssss!!! what's your center? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Happy Thanksgiving 😊

My case was approved (in Nebraska) on October 26th, and I received the NOA2 in the mail.
It was sent to the Department of State on November 16th according to the new website.

I'm confused about when to expect the NVC welcome packet; I've read that it can take 4-8 weeks for the NVC to receive the file, but does that start from the approval date or from the date it was sent to the Department of State? 
I know it's only a 3 week difference for me but I can't stand not having any idea when my husband will be able to move to the U.S.!

Timeline

Good morning everyone! Happy thanksgiving 🦃🍁

Yesterday I got a notification in txt from uscis and tracker app that two days ago they sent me a RFE , I am somewhat happy cuz they opened my file and I also feel kind of worried with this new step since I don’t know how long it will take. I am March 28, Cr1, Nebraska! 

My wish came true, to have news right before turkey day! But well, wasn’t expecting a Rfe! If anyone want to share a similar experience please or knows about rfe, I am all ears! 🥰 

Timeline
1 minute ago, KG2015 said:

I wonder why they are not processing cases in date order. 🤔

It’s what I’ve always wondered. They work completely out of order. My dads like maybe they have a table with all the cases from the same month in random order and then each person just takes a few and does them until there done with the month and so on. I don’t know. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 minute ago, Layanis J said:

It’s what I’ve always wondered. They work completely out of order. My dads like maybe they have a table with all the cases from the same month in random order and then each person just takes a few and does them until there done with the month and so on. I don’t know. 

That sucks 

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Angola
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Layanis J said:

That could be it. But it would be unfair. Did you see someone with 3/28 PD just got a RFE yesterday? Thats a big jump from 3/15. I hope nothing is wrong with ours😣. If so, we just want to know.

Edited by KG2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 hours ago, KG2015 said:

That could be it. But it would be unfair. Did you see someone with 3/28 PD just got a RFE yesterday? Thats a big jump from 3/15. I hope nothing is wrong with ours😣. If so, we just want to know.

I am not being selfish,  but I have seen persons pd being 3/28 and was already approved and sent to nvc, and my date is 09/03, it does make you wonder.  I think that the country your from has a role to play too. Most of the approvals I see are from; Mexico,  Australia, Nigeria and  United kingdom.  

Edited by Marie85

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Marie85 said:

I am not being selfish,  but I have seen persons pd being 3/28 and was already approved and sent to nvc, and my date is 09/03, it does make you wonder.  I think that the country your from has a role to play too. Most of the approvals I see are from; Mexico,  Australia, Nigeria and  United kingdom.  

I think the same thing. They don’t like we 🤦🏻‍♀️

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Angola
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Marie85 said:

That is also unfair. They said its based on PD. 

But i noticed that the old website is reflecting 3/15 and 3/24 on the new one as the recieved dates. So i am thinking that 3/15 is when the sorting facility received it. And 3/24 is when the service center received it.

If this is the case, it may have pushed my form back by 9 days.🤔

Edited by KG2015

Timeline
20 minutes ago, KG2015 said:

That is also unfair. They said its based on PD. 

But i noticed that the old website is reflecting 3/15 and 3/24 on the new one as the recieved dates. So i am thinking that 3/15 is when the sorting facility received it. And 3/24 is when the service center received it.

If this is the case, it may have pushed my form back by 9 days.🤔

I don't think so. Either way,  I am still behind because on the new website my pd is 03/13. But on the  old web.  and my hardcopy they show the 9th. 

On 11/22/2018 at 5:52 AM, jlc1125 said:

Happy Thanksgiving 😊

My case was approved (in Nebraska) on October 26th, and I received the NOA2 in the mail.
It was sent to the Department of State on November 16th according to the new website.

I'm confused about when to expect the NVC welcome packet; I've read that it can take 4-8 weeks for the NVC to receive the file, but does that start from the approval date or from the date it was sent to the Department of State? 
I know it's only a 3 week difference for me but I can't stand not having any idea when my husband will be able to move to the U.S.!

Count it from the day it was sent to  department of state.  My case was approved september 19, they sent it to NVC on October 16th. I have not received case number yet. So it takes 4- 8 weeks after they send ur case to NVC. hope that answers your question.

On 11/17/2018 at 1:35 AM, IKD said:

It will be sooner 

Don't worry 

Never die Hopes ....

266 days..going into the 9th month in a week or so..i dont even know what to think anymore..TSC March 2nd PD..i pray that after all this loong wait i dont get an RFE.

Hi folks, I see lots of references to the new site and the old site, could someone please tell me exactly which sites are being referred to? I have only been checking one site and while I have only been waiting 4 months since my NOA1 i am by no means expecting any movement on my petition yet, I would just like to have all bases covered. My PD is 27th July so still a way to go for me. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.