TBoneTX

August 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,840 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
On 3/7/2018 at 1:31 AM, JasonGG said:

I couldn't wait any longer and called USCIS this morning.  The first person I spoke to was stern, but not rude.  I requested a transfer to a tier 2 supervisor and was told I would receive a call back in 150 minutes.   Tier 2 called 70 minutes later.  No change in our application . . . just "received."  He offered to submit a service request since we are "outside normal processing times."  I thought that was strange because I think we are at 188 days and others who waited longer have been told they are within normal processing times.

He said I should get a response to the service request in 15 business days.  I really hope something happens with our application before then.  What should I expect from the service request?  Will it just be a generic form letter saying they received my application and will process it soon?  Will they review the application as part of the service request or just look to see that it is in the queue? 

Thanks - Jason

4 hours ago, LexiAnn said:

Got an RFE notification from the app. We're just waiting on the letter. It seems like August got a lot of RFE's.😒😒

At least we know our app is being looked at.

Guys, both of your noa1s are September, right?

or did you put it wrong on the visa journey timeline?

@JasonGG. it is not about a number of days, unless your noa1 is before the date that shows on their website as being processed (which is currently August 1) you are not considered outside of normal processing times. The review of the inquiry has nothing to do with the review of the case. You may by luck (and seeing they're already touching cases around your date) your review may be soon too. So yes, the inquiry is just to look and see where's your case. Which you will most likely get a template answer (hope not though :) )

Edited by Naes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Naes said:

Hi Augustines!

I am trying to make a list to see who's left here on which date, this is something I'm doing to try and keep track since June.

I'm pretty sure there are more people around but I just couldn't find yet.

if you see this message and you are not on the list, please tag me or just write around which date you are waiting on.

please update me, if you got a status change from this list.

Total : 21

August 1

@Abi-82              - Received

August 2

@AndyAspen     - Received

@KAF                 - Received

August 7

@Ketti                 - RFE rec. (3/2)

@Margarita&Brett   - RFE rec. (2/26)

@mx5john               - RFE Sent

August 8 

@NGAN                 - Received

August 10

@Thelucybelle   - Received

August 17

@RevGreen       - RFE Sent

August 18

@Julia Cancun   - RFE Sent

August 21

@Pedro0319      - RFE Sent

August 23

@Kswtangel           - RFE Sent

@DennisWaldron   - Received

August 24

@Csoberano         - RFE Sent

August 25

@Vholde346         - Received

@Anxiousgirl        - Received

August 29

@Nesrinakh7       - RFE Sent

August 31

@streanor           - Received

@Jesus                - Received

@Thina                - Received

@Jane wanjiku     - Received

Hey thank you so much @naes for doing this I should've update my timeline so you can keep the database up to date , I'll try to do it as soon as possible sorry!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 hour ago, Naes said:

Guys, both of your noa1s are September, right?

or did you put it wrong on the visa journey timeline?

@JasonGG. it is not about a number of days, unless your noa1 is before the date that shows on their website as being processed (which is currently August 1) you are not considered outside of normal processing times. The review of the inquiry has nothing to do with the review of the case. You may by luck (and seeing they're already touching cases around your date) your review may be soon too. So yes, the inquiry is just to look and see where's your case. Which you will most likely get a template answer (hope not though :) )

Yes, my NOA1 is September 5.  My received date is August 31.

I wasn't expecting the tier 2 to submit a service request, but he did because he said we were outside normal processing times.  Up to that point, I considered my application within normal time.  I was just hoping for some good news since applications are being processed before and after our received date. 

Jason

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
24 minutes ago, JasonGG said:

Yes, my NOA1 is September 5.  My received date is August 31.

I wasn't expecting the tier 2 to submit a service request, but he did because he said we were outside normal processing times.  Up to that point, I considered my application within normal time.  I was just hoping for some good news since applications are being processed before and after our received date. 

Jason

then that's awesome :) 

As long as they said it ;) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks Naes. Although it is sad to see other people still waiting for their NOA2, in a way it reassures me too. That our case isn’t “abnormal” or whatever.

My fiancée contacted Tier 2 again and they’ve now retracted what they’ve said about the RFE, so who knows what’s happening there. He was extremely rude and my fiancée was having an emotional day, so I believe that they didn’t talk for long. 

195 days today. Come ooooon!

Edited by Vholde346

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I would like some advice please. My fiancée called on the 23rd of feb and was told my a Tier 2 that a RFE had been issued on the 22nd and that we should get it sometime the week just gone. So she contacted them again yesterday and another Tier 2 said that wasn’t the case, and that a request for evidence had been issued on the 22nd but no letter sent out, and that’s that. No more information. So what do we do now? Who’s requesting info from who?!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 minute ago, Vholde346 said:

I would like some advice please. My fiancée called on the 23rd of feb and was told my a Tier 2 that a RFE had been issued on the 22nd and that we should get it sometime the week just gone. So she contacted them again yesterday and another Tier 2 said that wasn’t the case, and that a request for evidence had been issued on the 22nd but no letter sent out, and that’s that. No more information. So what do we do now? Who’s requesting info from who?!

Wait for the letter. The phone folks wont give it to you. The letter will explain. If you need help, come back to the forum when you get the letter. they take 7 days. If nothing in the mail in 10 days, call them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Vholde346 said:

If it helps I received approval online/on the phone but still don't have a letter 4 days later. Maybe the mail is delayed from all of this crappy weather?

05-04-2018: Married :jest:

AOS/EAD:

05-07-2018: Packet mailed via USPS

05-10-2018: Official NOA1 date

05-17-2018: NOA1 email/text

05-22-2018: NOA1 letter received

06-01-2018: RFE issued

06-13-2018: RFE received in the mail

06-25-2018: Response to RFE sent

06-27-2018: Response to RFE arrived at USCIS

07-07-2018: Change in online status: RFE response received 

07-10-2018: Biometrics (went before appointment & to a different office)

07-12-2018: AOS case status updated to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview”

09-29-2018: EAD case status updated to "New card is being produced"

09-30-2018: EAD case status updated to "Case was approved"

10-01-2018: EAD case status updated to "Card was mailed to me"

10-05-2018: EAD card received in the mail

10-12-2018: SSN card received in the mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Naes said:

Hi Augustines!

I am trying to make a list to see who's left here on which date, this is something I'm doing to try and keep track since June.

I'm pretty sure there are more people around but I just couldn't find yet.

if you see this message and you are not on the list, please tag me or just write around which date you are waiting on.

please update me, if you got a status change from this list.

Total : 21

August 1

@Abi-82              - Received

August 2

@AndyAspen     - Received

@KAF                 - Received

August 7

@Ketti                 - RFE rec. (3/2)

@Margarita&Brett   - RFE rec. (2/26)

@mx5john               - RFE Sent

August 8 

@NGAN                 - Received

August 10

@Thelucybelle   - Received

August 17

@RevGreen       - RFE Sent

August 18

@Julia Cancun   - RFE Sent

August 21

@Pedro0319      - RFE Sent

August 23

@Kswtangel           - RFE Sent

@DennisWaldron   - Received

August 24

@Csoberano         - RFE Sent

August 25

@Vholde346         - Received

@Anxiousgirl        - Received

August 29

@Nesrinakh7       - RFE Sent

August 31

@streanor           - Received

@Jesus                - Received

@Thina                - Received

@Jane wanjiku     - Received

Hello @Naes

My Noa 1, Aug 24th - Received

😊😊

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, Naes said:

@kenikki   i129F  received August 16, 2017

17 hours ago, John & Rose said:

I hear that.  I believe @Trinab80 is hitting day 290 tomorrow.  They haven't even had an RFE.  We are at day 275 but we had an RFE.  The waiting sucks.

Yup...still waiting with no RFE or anything!!!! 10 days away from hitting 300 days (equivalent to 10 months of waiting).

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Just now, Trinab80 said:

Yup...still waiting with no RFE or anything!!!! 10 days away from hitting 300 days (equivalent to 10 months of waiting).

Please stay strong!  This will end someday.  I know how terrible this wait is.  I still pray for you everyday.  Please do not give the ba$tards the satisfaction of ruining another relationship.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

3 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Please stay strong!  This will end someday.  I know how terrible this wait is.  I still pray for you everyday.  Please do not give the ba$tards the satisfaction of ruining another relationship.  

Thanks John....not gonna lie though...our relationship is starting to feel the effects of this now. And as the "American" in this process, all I can do is listen to my fiancé vent but so much about how unfair he's being treated without defending the US saying how great things will be when he gets here when things are not pointing in the direction of us getting any closer to that outcome.

Edited by Trinab80

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

2 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

Thanks John....not gonna lie though...our relationship is starting to feel the effects of this now. And as the "American" in this process, all I can do is listen to my fiancé vent but so much about how unfair he's being treated without defending the US saying how great things will be when he gets here when things are not pointing in the direction of us getting any closer to that outcome.

Just try to be understanding.  If you were in his shoes you would feel the same.  America is a great place to live but right now it is certainly not immigration friendly.  Let him vent and don't bother defending America now because there is no way for him to understand.  Just keep the love strong and let him vent.  He has earned that right.  Don't take it personally.  He isn't attacking you.  He is frustrated with the process.  Just remember that someday the process will be over and you will be together.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.