TBoneTX

August 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,840 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Jesus said:

than you so much for doing a midday! will you be posting one later in the evening?

Thank you Naes really for taking your time to do this for all of us! even though we are not September. 

Of course I will :) 

i just had time in the morning so decided to run a midday before work.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

called NVC just now, they received my file from USCIS today and they said they are entering it into the system so hopefully this week get a case number.

August 4 2017 - I-129F Sent to USCIS

August 7 2017 I-129F Delivered

August 9 2017 NOA1 Sent out

August 14 2017 - Received email from Lawyer NOA1 received

August 28 2017 - Returned to USA/NOA1 was in the mail waiting for me delivered on August 14th according to my brother who collected my mail

September 7 2017 - 1 month into waiting for NOA2

October 7 2017 - 2 months into waiting for NOA2

November 7th 2017 - 3 months into waiting for NOA2

December 7th 2017 - 4 months into waiting for NOA2

January 7th 2018 - 5 months into waiting for NOA2

February 7th 2018 - 6 months into waiting for NOA2

February 17th 2018 - NOA2 - APPROVED!! noa1-noa2 194 days

February 20 2108 - NOA2 Mailed

February 24 2018 - NOA2 Received

March 5th 2018 - NVC Received Case

March 7th 2018 - NVC Case number received.

March 7th 2018 - DS-160 Submitted online

March 17th 2018 - Case sent to embassy

March 18th 2018 - Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

March 23 2018 - Medical exam completed

April 30 2018 - Interview - 221g - Administrative processing

December 12 2018 - Email from embassy Administrative processing completed request to send passport, new 221g , new medical

December 24 2018 - New medical exam

January 9 2019 - Medical ready for pickup, sent passport to embassy

January 10 2019 - Passport received by embassy.....case update as well

January 11 2019 - CEAC page shows visa status ISSUED!

January 14 2019 - Visa received.

January 15 2019 - POE - Dallas Ft Worth - Arrived Mobile Al airport - now home with me.

2 hours ago, Ebearhs said:

Hey, it’s been a while, guys! We were approved on feb 21st. I’ve called NVC and they said they could see that they had our case but didn’t have a number yet and asked me to call back in two weeks... is that accurate? How long after they receive the case do they assign a number? I’m a little anxious since our approval expires in June..

@Naes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
2 hours ago, Alabamak1 said:

i send a very detailed of how, when an where i met my fiance. I mean it was to the T. Restaurants and more. Circumstances that we laughed about and all the things we talked about, likes, dislikes and more.  Don't forget, hotel bookings with her and your name, luggage tags, boarding passes, passport stamps, pictures of known places like churches or historical places in her town. Things they can verify as true, not photoshopped. We met in a 3rd country and thank God for buoroecracy there....we had an official police registration from the hotel in Moscow, Russia. 

Russia is probably high fraud so they make people go an extra step and prove things. Hire an attorney to help you. Show them copies of your entire application and they can probably help you navigate further. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
30 minutes ago, PJN&MMR said:

Russia is probably high fraud so they make people go an extra step and prove things. Hire an attorney to help you. Show them copies of your entire application and they can probably help you navigate further. 

I don't think you read the whole thread. Someone was asking about the RFE letter he got. They needed more evidence. Although my fiance is originally born in Russia, she is a Ukranian citizen. Our petition got approved already and we did not get any RFE. A well done I-129F that is sincere and detailed....has nothing to fear. Fraud can be in any country. Most K1 Visa do not go to the Ukraine btw. United Kingdom has more applications than anybody in Europe 

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Alabamak1 said:

I don't think you read the whole thread. Someone was asking about the RFE letter he got. They needed more evidence. Although my fiance is originally born in Russia, she is a Ukranian citizen. Our petition got approved already and we did not get any RFE. A well done I-129F that is sincere and detailed....has nothing to fear. Fraud can be in any country. Most K1 Visa do not go to the Ukraine btw. United Kingdom has more applications than anybody in Europe 

I see, completely misunderstood! 

Edited by PJN&MMR

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
4 hours ago, L and E said:

Be careful with the engagement party photos... it could put you in a pickle where they call you guys “too married for k1 not married enough for spousal”.. maybe @Naes can chime in on this I might be wrong but I’ve definitely seen posts warning to be careful about big celebrations 

@Nesrinakh7

Yes engagement party pictures cause problems usually by the time it reaches embassy. I wouldn't put them to the file.

Some embassies and also because in some cultures it also be considered a marriage, known to deny cases even without legal marriage that's why we call it "too married for k1 not married enough for cr1"

try googling "visa journey k1 denied engagement" 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 hours ago, emekus94 said:

Yes, you are freaking out over nothing. LOL :wub:

For the purposes of NVC and processing, it will show up as an "immigrant" visa. That's what you need to use to track your case file. 
Don't worry. That's perfectly normal

You do have to fill a DS-160, not 260
And for the whole embassy sending you packet 3, that depends on the embassy. Some embassies have it online, some physically contact you.
Check around your embassy forums and figure out how that's done. 

Okay thank you! For whatever reason the CEAC site is telling me DS 260 and some other info that I don't think is correct, at least according to everything that I have researched so far about my Embassy. So I'll just keep waiting for confirmation that the Embassy has received our case and see what they say to do :) 

Timeline
4 hours ago, MK878 said:

Hello All! Received our NOA2 in mail today!! so surreal! Case status still says received online! Congratulations to all others who received their approvals!! and goodluck to those waiting!

NOA 1- August 7

NOA 2- March 1

You could also give bank statements which show transactions of you and your fiance happening from the same location on the same dates. Any bus/plane/train tickets! Good luck!! Im sure you'll be on your way to an approval in no time!!

•  

What did you send with the application?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hey guys so I called the NVC right now because I got NOA 2 already but my case status still hasn't been updated and still shows as Case Received. The guy at the NVC told me that my case hasn't even been delivered yet. I got my hard copy of my NOA 2 on 2/20

Should I call USCIS tomorrow or just wait? Thank you!

Timeline
8 hours ago, AndyAspen said:

Aug 2nd NOA1 , had a LONG talk with Tier 2 supervisor on Friday, he told me that No one past august 1st had been processed yet. This forum would say differently.! Frustrated is an understatement. Really need something to happen soon!

So sorry you are still waiting.

Some Advice for you.  When you call:

Tier 1 answers, let them talk give them case number. Let them talk. Say, listen, I have been really patient for 200+ days and have not bothered you guys. Although I appreciate everything you do, I’m am not satisfied with the amount of detail your department is able to provice. Please transfer me to Tier 2. If they keep babbling, dont react. Just say, I would like to speak with tier 2.

Now, Tier 2 Answers, be super friendly. “Hi Betty, how are you? my name is.... case number is, my DOB, Fiancee DOB” is, bla bla bla. Just answer their questions as they ask them. Let them tell you whatever they want to tell you. 

Then Say - I have been really patient here and havent pestered you guys much, but It would help greatly to get some information anout where my case is at. It would really settle my patience here.

perhaps ask “well can you tell me, has it even been touched yet?” If they say yes, then say look, “what else can you tell me?

just be nice 

5 hours ago, Paul and Astrid said:

@NICK & PAULA @Naes

Omg omg omg

We got noa 2 today

Wohoooo :wub::jest:

Thank you everyone and USCIS

Im so happy

Noa 1: Aug 24th

Noa 2 : March 5th

Oh ehm geeee!!!!!! For real??? Yayyyyyy! I am so happy that USCIS heard me begging for you! (wink, wink! Lol) :jest:

I hope they'll send the noa2s for the rest of the gang. :D

Packet Sent: August 23, 2017 

NOA1 Received Date: August 25, 2017 

NOA1 Notice Date: August 29, 2017

NOA2: March 1, 2018 (by calling Tier 2)

NOA 2 Notice Date: March 2, 2018 (according to the new USCIS website)

NOA2 Hard Copy: March 6, 2018 

NVC Received: March 16, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: March 23, 2018

In Transit: March 23, 2018

Status "Ready": March 27, 2018

Case Last Updated: April 2, 2018

Packet 3 Received: May 9, 2018

Interview: June 7, 2018

CEAC Status ISSUED: June 12, 2018

VOH: June 18, 2018

POE: July 5, 2018

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

we received the noa 2 feb 21 when my fiance called the nvc today they told him it takes 6 weeks for the papers to reach them from uscis very frustrating!!!:crying::cry:

• Aug 22, 2017          -           I-129F SENT
  • Aug 24, 2017          -           NOA1 (I-129F received)
  • Feb 21, 2018           -           NOA 2 (181 days)
  • Mar 09, 2018          -           NVC # 
  • Mar 13, 2018          -           Consulate Received (MUMBAI, INDIA)
  • Mar 26, 2018           -           Packet 4 Received
  • Apr 06, 2018           -           Interview(APPROVED)
  • Apr 10, 2018            -           Visa Received
  • Apr 18, 2018            -            US Entry
  • JUN 23, 2018           -           Married 
  • JUL 23, 2018            -           AOS filed
  • AUG 20, 2018          -            BIOMETRICS 
  • DEC 06,2018            -            EAD/AP RECEIVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.