HopelessWaiting

K1 Visa Administrative Processing US Embassy Manila

27 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, HopelessWaiting said:

Actually we always called them.. he called them like every 3 days.. and i also call and send them emails... but theyre only giving us the same answers..

My son is already a US citizen..

and he is 4 yrs old soon... isnt a big proofs/evidence that we had long time relationship.. i dont really get it.. why they put me on AP..

I kinda already surmised that your fiancé was the child's tatay anyway and that your anak is a USC or should be if y'all did your paper(which it looks like you did).

What it looks like to me is that they are holding you under extra scrutiny either just for the PCC or because you lived/worked in Syria due to the mess that's over there na.

Where in Philippines are from if you don't mind me asking?

1 minute ago, cyberfx1024 said:

I kinda already surmised that your fiancé was the child's tatay anyway and that your anak is a USC or should be if y'all did your paper(which it looks like you did).

What it looks like to me is that they are holding you under extra scrutiny either just for the PCC or because you lived/worked in Syria due to the mess that's over there na.

Where in Philippines are from if you don't mind me asking?

Im from Bicol.. Camarines Sur..

But due of the AP .. were now living in Makati.. coz i dont want to missed anything..just incase they call me for any reason or anything that i need to provide atleast i can hit their office right away😊 

thanks btw for entertaining my emote...

It helps a lot.. i feel a bit lighter now after sharing it here..✋

Given the timeframe so far, it's probably going through extended background checks. Only the embassy can confirm that, but if it was only the police cert issue, I would have expected USEM to get back to you before almost 3 months. But if it's for security checks in Syria, it can take that long.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 hours ago, HopelessWaiting said:

During my interview, the consular asked me if i have a police clearance from Syria coz i work there.. I answered them in a very respecful way.. i told them that i tried to get a police clearance many times but theyre not going to release any police clearance to any foreign national. Its only available for syrian who lives in syria... 

then after hearing my answered he checked it on his computer... and asked me are u sure??? I said yes sir ... it took like 10 mins checking something on his computer and he called one of the people inside the room and asked..is syrian government not issuing police clearance...i was really shocked that they dont aware of that... 

Im sure thats the reason why they put my application under administrative processing..

Hello there, Your case was put under administrative processing with the new extreme vetting process. Did the consul ask you to fill out the supplemental form ds 5535? We are in the same situation, I worked in Iraq for almost 3 years to and my interview was last sep 14,2017. I had everything, complete documents, police clearance in Iraq, my contract my Oec and all but they still put me under SAO (Security Advisory Opinion) we had to go thru this whole process becos we once travelled to a country they considered sponsor of Terrorism so they have to conduct more thorough background and security checks. We have to wait for our clearances from Washington and different agencies in the states. The embassy here cant do anything about our case hanggat wala pa yung clearance natin na yun. Ive been waiting for over 5 months now. Mag 6 months na nga this coming March 14th. Its a very long wait but wala tayo magagawa about it. I know 2 other girls with the same situation like ours din. Theyre Pinay as well. Venus worked in Syria and Bernice worked in Libya. And until now we're all still waiting. Dont worry its very normal, delay nga lang talaga. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, HopelessWaiting said:

But due of the AP .. were now living in Makati.. coz i dont want to missed anything..just incase they call me for any reason or anything that i need to provide atleast i can hit their office right away😊 

We have a forum for this, you can go check it. All the people in this forum from different nationalities that are experiencing the same are here. I hope this helps and will give you a peace of mind. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
9 hours ago, Nhona Scott said:

Hello there, Your case was put under administrative processing with the new extreme vetting process. Did the consul ask you to fill out the supplemental form ds 5535? We are in the same situation, I worked in Iraq for almost 3 years to and my interview was last sep 14,2017. I had everything, complete documents, police clearance in Iraq, my contract my Oec and all but they still put me under SAO (Security Advisory Opinion) we had to go thru this whole process becos we once travelled to a country they considered sponsor of Terrorism so they have to conduct more thorough background and security checks. We have to wait for our clearances from Washington and different agencies in the states. The embassy here cant do anything about our case hanggat wala pa yung clearance natin na yun. Ive been waiting for over 5 months now. Mag 6 months na nga this coming March 14th. Its a very long wait but wala tayo magagawa about it. I know 2 other girls with the same situation like ours din. Theyre Pinay as well. Venus worked in Syria and Bernice worked in Libya. And until now we're all still waiting. Dont worry its very normal, delay nga lang talaga. 

Agree with you im in the same they put me in sao before 10 months ago and still waiting till now so good luck all

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 02/03/2018 at 11:50 PM, HopelessWaiting said:

Hi have u got any update.... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hello everyone!  My fiancé was approved on 20 March at her interview in South Africa for the K1 visa, along with her 2 boys.  She has full custody and has provided all documents during the interview, they actually complimented her on how well the package was put together.  Well we are still waiting on the visa's and I checked the AIS site for status and now it states her's is in a Issued status but her 2 boys are in AP (Administrative processing).  The father, there in South Africa, had a missed call from the consulate last week, but neither him or my fiancé have had luck getting back in touch with the SA consulate to see what they wanted.  Father has agreed to allow my fiancé to emigrate with the boys, she has full custody as well, but he has agreed.

My guess is they may need something more to show he is ok with it, I don't know.  Does anyone know or have you experienced this with children?  I've sent an email to the Consulate asking questions and hope to hear back tomorrow, they have been very good at responding.  Does anyone have a experienced guess how long this could take? 

Please advise and thank you!

• 9 months later...

Hello po. I had my interview last Nov.26, 2018 po. The good consul handed me two pamphlets and told me to wait for to weeks for my visa. December 1, 2018, I received a 221g letter asking for additional documents instead of visa. December 6, they received yhe documents I sent. I always check my status in ceAC but is not yet updated. Last update was November 26, the day of my interview. It says “ Application Received” instead of Administrative Processing. Nakakastress.. 

• 8 months later...
On 3/3/2018 at 1:00 PM, Nhona Scott said:

Sis, was your visa finally issued? Paano mo nalaman na under SAO ka, sinabihan ka ba nila?

Jun 10, 2019 First Interview at US Embassy Manila, 07:40 AM resulted to refusal pending:

1. I-601 Waiver for Inadmissibility
2. 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage (send with Passport)
Jun 19, 2019 Sent 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage (send with Passport)
Jun 20, 2019 Courier delivery of 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage and Passport
Jun 21, 2019 Sent I-601 Waiver package to USCIS Nebraska Service Center
Jun 23, 2019 Courier confirmed delivery of I-601 Waiver
Jun 24, 2019 USCIS receipt of I-601 Waiver
Jun 25, 2019 US Embassy Manila receipt of 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage and Passport
Jul 3, 2019 Filed for USCIS expedite processing of I-601 Waiver
Jul 15, 2019 USCIS denied request for expedite of I-601 Waiver
Jul 25, 2019 Filed for NEW request for USCIS expedite processing of I-601 Waiver
Aug 9, 2019 USCIS approval of I-601 Waiver of Inadmissibility
Aug 9, 2019 US Embassy Manila receipt of notification from USCIS of Approved I-601 Waiver
Aug 14, 2019 CEAC status is Administrative Processing
Aug 19, 31, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same
Sep 3, 4, 6, 11, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same
Sep 12, 2019 Reached out to Cong. Napolitano
Sep 13, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same
Sep 14, 2019 Received letter dated Sep 10. Your visa application is refused for Administrative Processing. You will be informed when processing is complete.
Sep 16, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same
Sep 17, 2019 Cong. Napolitano forwarded response by Embassy dated Sep 16, XXXXX case is pending the completion of administrative processing in order to verify her qualifications for this visa.

Sep 17 & 30, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same

Oct 7 & 8, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same

Oct 11,17, 22, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same

Oct 29, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same

On 3/3/2018 at 2:04 AM, HopelessWaiting said:

Actually we always called them.. he called them like every 3 days.. and i also call and send them emails... but theyre only giving us the same answers..

My son is already a US citizen..

and he is 4 yrs old soon... isnt a big proofs/evidence that we had long time relationship.. i dont really get it.. why they put me on AP..

kamusta na, did you finally get over your AP?

Jun 10, 2019 First Interview at US Embassy Manila, 07:40 AM resulted to refusal pending:

1. I-601 Waiver for Inadmissibility
2. 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage (send with Passport)
Jun 19, 2019 Sent 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage (send with Passport)
Jun 20, 2019 Courier delivery of 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage and Passport
Jun 21, 2019 Sent I-601 Waiver package to USCIS Nebraska Service Center
Jun 23, 2019 Courier confirmed delivery of I-601 Waiver
Jun 24, 2019 USCIS receipt of I-601 Waiver
Jun 25, 2019 US Embassy Manila receipt of 221G Document on Advisory on Marriage and Passport
Jul 3, 2019 Filed for USCIS expedite processing of I-601 Waiver
Jul 15, 2019 USCIS denied request for expedite of I-601 Waiver
Jul 25, 2019 Filed for NEW request for USCIS expedite processing of I-601 Waiver
Aug 9, 2019 USCIS approval of I-601 Waiver of Inadmissibility
Aug 9, 2019 US Embassy Manila receipt of notification from USCIS of Approved I-601 Waiver
Aug 14, 2019 CEAC status is Administrative Processing
Aug 19, 31, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same
Sep 3, 4, 6, 11, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same
Sep 12, 2019 Reached out to Cong. Napolitano
Sep 13, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same
Sep 14, 2019 Received letter dated Sep 10. Your visa application is refused for Administrative Processing. You will be informed when processing is complete.
Sep 16, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same
Sep 17, 2019 Cong. Napolitano forwarded response by Embassy dated Sep 16, XXXXX case is pending the completion of administrative processing in order to verify her qualifications for this visa.

Sep 17 & 30, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same

Oct 7 & 8, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same

Oct 11,17, 22, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same

Oct 29, 2019 CEAC "Case Last Updated Date" change but status is the same

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ir2 visa.. done with the interview last nov 26.. after the interview, the consul ask for more docs because of the late registration of the birthcertificate of my grand daughter.  We sent the docs last nov 29 and US EMBASSY MANILA received it last Dec 03, 2019.I was wondering if anyone encounter this problem before? And how long it takes for the Consul to reply on this situation. Thank you so much

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.