HopelessWaiting

K1 Visa Administrative Processing US Embassy Manila

27 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, HopelessWaiting said:

hey guys,

Is theres anyone of you who experience administrative processing under K1 visa at US Embassy Manila? Did they approve your visa? And how long the processing took? Help pls... thank you.

Well how long have you been in AP for po? Usually AP can go on for a few days to a couple months at USEM depending on what the issue is. How was your interview at the embassy?

I had my interview last year Dec 15,2017..They dont asked for any additional documents but they keep my passport, then they said my visa has to go under administrative processing..

And ive waited for 60 days bfore i send them email to check the status of my visa.. and they only tell me that its still undergoing with administrative processing.. its kinda depressing coz theyre not giving any assurance if after a long wait will it be approve or denied?

4 minutes ago, HopelessWaiting said:

I had my interview last year Dec 15,2017..They dont asked for any additional documents but they keep my passport, then they said my visa has to go under administrative processing..

And ive waited for 60 days bfore i send them email to check the status of my visa.. and they only tell me that its still undergoing with administrative processing.. its kinda depressing coz theyre not giving any assurance if after a long wait will it be approve or denied?

What visa is this for???? Please fill out your timeline so that we can help you better.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, HopelessWaiting said:

All cases go through some form of AP.  Unfortunately, AP can be for weeks or months........If they still have your passport, all is well......Good luck!!

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

6 minutes ago, HopelessWaiting said:

K1 Visa po

Did you provide them with all the documents they needed like NBI Clearance, CENOMAR, a PCC if lived/worked abroad?

1 minute ago, missileman said:

All cases go through some form of AP.  Unfortunately, AP can be for weeks or months........If they still have your passport, all is well......Good luck!!

During my interview, the consular asked me if i have a police clearance from Syria coz i work there.. I answered them in a very respecful way.. i told them that i tried to get a police clearance many times but theyre not going to release any police clearance to any foreign national. Its only available for syrian who lives in syria... 

then after hearing my answered he checked it on his computer... and asked me are u sure??? I said yes sir ... it took like 10 mins checking something on his computer and he called one of the people inside the room and asked..is syrian government not issuing police clearance...i was really shocked that they dont aware of that... 

Im sure thats the reason why they put my application under administrative processing..

5 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Did you provide them with all the documents they needed like NBI Clearance, CENOMAR, a PCC if lived/worked abroad?

Yes i have everything that they need..i make sure its complete bfore my interview... but i know whats the reason of putting my visa on AP..let me share it here po.

Just now, HopelessWaiting said:

Yes i have everything that they need..i make sure its complete bfore my interview... but i know whats the reason of putting my visa on AP..let me share it here po.

During my interview, the consular asked me if i have a police clearance from Syria coz i work there.. I answered them in a very respecful way.. i told them that i tried to get a police clearance many times but theyre not going to release any police clearance to any foreign national. Its only available for syrian who lives in syria... 

then after hearing my answered he checked it on his computer... and asked me are u sure??? I said yes sir ... it took like 10 mins checking something on his computer and he called one of the people inside the room and asked..is syrian government not issuing police clearance...i was really shocked that they dont aware of that... 

Im sure thats the reason why they put my application under administrative processing..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, HopelessWaiting said:

I think you are correct.  That would explain the extended processing...like I said, if they still have your passport, all is well.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

6 minutes ago, HopelessWaiting said:

Ahhh ok yep that is why. Did you try to go to the embassy in Manila to get the clearance?

1 minute ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Ahhh ok yep that is why. Did you try to go to the embassy in Manila to get the clearance?

Nah, but i tried it through the link of Reciprocity..and its showing there at the front of syrian govt website that the police clearance is only available for syrian citizen that living inside syria... 

---------------------------------------------------

Its really depressing .. that despites of knowing what is happening to syria now and it shows on their websites thats they wont release any clearance to foreign national..they still put my papers under administrative processing.. i just hope that they should be reasonably of making a decision bfore putting any application on administrative processing.. coz waiting without assurance is really depressing.. My son is turning to 4 yrs old now and he needs his father to be around him..

(Sorry for the emote)

Just want to share how we feel about it..

Just now, HopelessWaiting said:

Nah, but i tried it through the link of Reciprocity..and its showing there at the front of syrian govt website that the police clearance is only available for syrian citizen that living inside syria... 

---------------------------------------------------

Its really depressing .. that despites of knowing what is happening to syria now and it shows on their websites thats they wont release any clearance to foreign national..they still put my papers under administrative processing.. i just hope that they should be reasonably of making a decision bfore putting any application on administrative processing.. coz waiting without assurance is really depressing.. My son is turning to 4 yrs old now and he needs his father to be around him..

(Sorry for the emote)

Just want to share how we feel about it..

It's ok I understand. So has your fiancé tried to call to see what's going on?

Just now, cyberfx1024 said:

It's ok I understand. So has your fiancé tried to call to see what's going on?

Actually we always called them.. he called them like every 3 days.. and i also call and send them emails... but theyre only giving us the same answers..

My son is already a US citizen..

and he is 4 yrs old soon... isnt a big proofs/evidence that we had long time relationship.. i dont really get it.. why they put me on AP..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.