julyk12017

March 2018 NOA2 ---> NVC thread

2,723 posts in this topic

Hey dears,

i will do my interview on next Tuesday. I’m in great nervous now. I think i and my finance prepared everything well. Just we have a question for the interview, we wanna to know how I can express it in a acceptable way for precious marriage.We were dating while I still didn’t get divorced officially. At that time I and my ex were both in USA holding J visas. Our marriage didn’t work. So we both agreed to get divorced, for he could not be back because of work issue. Then we only could finish our divorce when we both came back to China. I developed the relationship with my finance at that time. Could it be a problem in Guangzhou interview? We wanna to be honest to tell the story. However should it be told in a detailed way or for short? Thank you ahead for any advice on my case. Appreciate 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
10 minutes ago, tammyjb said:

Finally interview day today at London and that was by far the easiest part of this whole process! in and out within 30 minutes and 45 minutes before my appt time anyway! Approval has never felt so good! 😍

Congratulations! 

I-129F sent: 08/30/2017

NOA1 received date: 09/05/2017 (6 days)

NOA2 notice date: 03/24/2018 (200 days)

NVC received: 04/19/2018 (26 days)

NVC case number: 04/26/2018 (7 days)

I-129F left NVC: 04/27/2018 (1 day)

Embassy received: 05/02/2018 (5 days)

Packet 3 received: 05/09/2018 (7 days)

Medical 1&2: 05/17/2018 (8 days) & 05/19/2018 (2 days)

Interview: 05/24/2018 (5 days) 

VOH: 05/30/2018 (6 days)

POE: 06/07/2018 (8 days) ( 281 days from I-129F sent) (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
2 hours ago, LizM said:

I have finally entered 😄 The past two weeks have been crazy and I felt depleted when I boarded the plane. It is emotionally exhausting to say goodbye and much harder than I anticipated, too. Then I landed at JFK and was worried both about having declared everything correctly and getting asked a ton of questions in the passport inspection after way too little sleep. But they took me to secondary, asked ”Are you marrying (name)”, to which I said yes and then they just said ”You have 90 days”. And I went off, picked up my luggage, and the customs guys were chilling and absolutely did not want to see my declaration cart. Was out of there in 10 minutes.

So I am home! ❤️ We’re so excited to set up our little apt and explore the neighborhood this weekend 😍 Happy Friday everyone!

So happy to read this!  Good luck with everything in case you now permanently disappear from visa journey!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
17 hours ago, Sibo said:

Hey dears,

i will do my interview on next Tuesday. I’m in great nervous now. I think i and my finance prepared everything well. Just we have a question for the interview, we wanna to know how I can express it in a acceptable way for precious marriage.We were dating while I still didn’t get divorced officially. At that time I and my ex were both in USA holding J visas. Our marriage didn’t work. So we both agreed to get divorced, for he could not be back because of work issue. Then we only could finish our divorce when we both came back to China. I developed the relationship with my finance at that time. Could it be a problem in Guangzhou interview? We wanna to be honest to tell the story. However should it be told in a detailed way or for short? Thank you ahead for any advice on my case. Appreciate 

Don't volunteer information to them, you will just be digging yourself a big hole. They will question you about it and likely deny your application on that basis. Just answer the questions they ask, don't give any extra details.

59 minutes ago, Thelucybelle said:

So happy to read this!  Good luck with everything in case you now permanently disappear from visa journey!!

Thank you! Oh, I won’t leave anytime soon. I will most likely be found in the future June 2018 AOS Filers from now on 😄

When is Stuart coming over? ☺️

h

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
2 hours ago, LizM said:

Thank you! Oh, I won’t leave anytime soon. I will most likely be found in the future June 2018 AOS Filers from now on 😄

When is Stuart coming over? ☺️

Thursday!!!! I’m literally dying of excitement and the days are draaaaging!!!! 🤣

7 hours ago, ahmedahmadyar said:

Don't volunteer information to them, you will just be digging yourself a big hole. They will question you about it and likely deny your application on that basis. Just answer the questions they ask, don't give any extra details.

Thank you so much for your advice. I will pay attention 

16 hours ago, Thelucybelle said:

Thursday!!!! I’m literally dying of excitement and the days are draaaaging!!!! 🤣

10 minutes ago, Penny&Lee said:

less than 2 weeks till my interview!! i've got all of my paperwork ready (and i go through it every day just to make sure i've not forgotton anything :jest:). knightsbridge doctors has confirmed that my medical has been sent over to the embassy, and i've booked a hotel for the night before. i'm already super nervous haha. hurry upppp june 7 :wub:

Good luck to the both of you :D  

h

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yay, got our passports with the visas. 

Our timeline:

Noa 1: Sept 20, 2017
Noa 2: March 20, 2018
Medical Exam: May 7, 2018
Interview: May 14, 2018
Visa Issued: May 16, 2018
Visa On Hand: May 26, 2018

PS. It should have been sooner,  however,  I had to render 30 days prior to my resignation from my company. Good thing cos for me, I was able to get a Certificate of Employment which I can use when I'll apply for work. (Company is US Based) 

Good luck to those who are still waiting. We all really need PATIENCE for this waiting game.

Hey all! A small update, both good news and bad. I have been spending all of Memorial Day weekend with the fiancé, and today he went back to work so I thought that I would do myself two favors and 1, get a phone that actually works over here and 2, get my SSN. The first one went absolutely fine and the Verizon guy was kind enough to find me a phone number that's simple enough to remember easily :D

Trying to get an SSN was my first setback in this immigration process. Even though the wait for NOA2 wait was long, everything has gone smooth so far in my opinion, and then I get to the SSA and they can't find me in the database... I even had them try one more time haha, both by name and by the I-94 number. Nothing. So it might be up to four weeks until I get it because they need to do a manual verification. Sucks, because it would've been awesome to be able to start setting up my bank accounts and get on a real phone plan, not prepaid. And I couldn't just go back a few days later and apply again because we'll be marrying soon. Anyway, a heads up to you all - it might NOT be in the system after only about two business days. Keep that in mind and if possible, wait a little longer to get your SSN than I did (but of course before marriage still) ;)

h

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.