julyk12017

March 2018 NOA2 ---> NVC thread

2,596 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, h&y said:

I don't know if I'm answering this correct so I'm hoping @Greenbaum sees this.

But I think it's a no because they're asking if anyone has filed a petition before, prior to the one you're applying for now.

I also think we are considered immigrant visas once the NVC hands it off to the consulate.

If they have not applied for an immigrant or nonimmigant visa before the answer is NO.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Quick question, if the status on this site says ready, does that mean its been received at the Embassy?

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

If so:

NOA1: 9-25

NOA2: 3-28 

NVC Received: 4-?

NVC Case: 4-13

NVC Left: 4-18

Embassy Received: 4-20 (Ready Status)

Edited by ypsirccim

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

If they have not applied for an immigrant or nonimmigant visa before the answer is NO.

@Greenbaum the question is very clear as to if anyone applied for immigrant petition? I applied for work visa which is non-immigrant visa, so I’m assuming the answer is No. before that question it did ask have you been refused any US visa before and I answered Yes to that and explained why it was refused. But the next visa specifically asks for immigrant petition. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Swissmiss82 said:

literally just walked back home after 12 hours on the road! :o

buuuuuut:

the embassy appointment went well and they send out the visa/passport tuesday!!! :D :D :D :D

initially i wanted to go pick it up but the travel (3 hours in the AM and 5.5 hours back) is too much, so i'll just have them ship it to me...

yaaaay yaaay yaaaaaay!!!!! 

flying in 10 days!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

@Swissmiss82 yayyy!!

Timeline

Also, another dumb question: but the DS 160 asks who’s paying for the trip? It’s specifically asking for flight, right and not entire trip to us? I’m paying for myself for flight so should I put self or us petitioner.

@Greenbaum @h&y 

and @h&y did your fiancé put you as US point of contact as fiancé? Or rapid visa said no and your fiancé put someone else?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, ypsirccim said:

Quick question, if the status on this site says ready, does that mean its been received at the Embassy?

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

If so:

NOA1: 9-25

NOA2: 3-28 

NVC Received: 4-?

NVC Case: 4-13

NVC Left: 4-18

Embassy Received: 4-20 (Ready Status)

YES!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
2 hours ago, Swissmiss82 said:

thanks my dear :D

i am enjoying everything right now as the entire stress is gone! at least i feel like it today, i could fall asleep while sitting here...

how is everything for you? any updates? :) 

yaaaay so happy to hear! things are getting better and better by the day :) 

now watch until your boo is coming home soon!!! <3 

Can’t come soon enough!!!

Timeline
2 hours ago, h&y said:

I was confused with this too. RV said to put "other" but someone who did the K1 through Morocco put US Petitioner. If that's the same question. As for who is paying, we put his brother because he offered as a gift from Paris! :D 

@h&y yeah it’s for the same question. I put US petitioner. Is your fiancé done with interview and evehtning?

Timeline
30 minutes ago, h&y said:

Psh no I wish!! Medical on May 7 and interview May 15. I'm flying in May 11th :)  What about you?

@h&y I’m taking my sweet own time to fill out DS-160. I have applied for PCC. Still gotta schedule medical and biometrics. I’m slacking on purpose but I’m afraid of finding appointment on time or soon. We are in not rush to get me there and get married since I’m currently working in my country and wanna work and save as much before I can enter to have a wedding and then also be unemployed for 3-4 months 😬

Timeline
30 minutes ago, h&y said:

That's awesome! Don't wait too long! It does expire lol my fiancé and I have decided against a large wedding. My family is flying to Orlando for our vows at Hogwarts (the Harry Potter section at universal) and then we are going to enjoy some rides ! Saving  the wedding money to travel .  I've been to every state on numerous road trips and I thought it would be fun to do it again with my fiancé :D 

@h&y lol! No I would finish it soon by next week and planning for interview late May.

And hey, that’s a great plan! I’ve never been to universal in Florida but I’ve seen the one in CA. That’s a great plan to save money to travel and we might do road trip in the west coast. We are doing wedding and all but jsut for like 70-90 people. My fiancé was against court 😂... I told her let’s do court and pizza and then use money to travel but nope. That didn’t go well 😂... And you mean you’ll do road trip with your then husband ;-)

Timeline
37 minutes ago, h&y said:

Hahaaa yes duh. My then husband! Inshallah. My family is so small anyway. Disney has a package called an escape wedding .. 3,000$ gets you and hour and 4 people 😂 I was like what? Maybe she can settle for a small ceremony now and a large wedding later on. Most seem to be doing that :) 

@h&y haha, that is a great deal!! Hope you guys have fun. 

Hey I also have few questions for you regarding I-134. Did you put n/a for every line where there would be no info or did you leave them blank and also, what did you fill for line 5 (personal property like jewelry, car and stuff), 26(a) and 38? 

5 hours ago, Amit M said:

@Greenbaum the question is very clear as to if anyone applied for immigrant petition? I applied for work visa which is non-immigrant visa, so I’m assuming the answer is No. before that question it did ask have you been refused any US visa before and I answered Yes to that and explained why it was refused. But the next visa specifically asks for immigrant petition. 

You like to-may-toes and I like to-mah-toes ...

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

8 hours ago, Amit M said:

@Swissmiss82 yayyy!!

thaaaanks for celebrating with me :D

7 hours ago, Thelucybelle said:

Can’t come soon enough!!!

oh i know! i'm glad to read that your mama is making such great progress and is getting stronger every day :)

let's continue with the positive vibes and prayers.

enjoy the weekend with the kids and hopefully good weather at your end!

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
9 hours ago, Swissmiss82 said:

thanks my dear :D

i am enjoying everything right now as the entire stress is gone! at least i feel like it today, i could fall asleep while sitting here...

how is everything for you? any updates? :) 

I bet its such a nice feeling!

I'm just patiently waiting right now, haha. Interview on May 10th, and then my M. arrives on May 11th for 10 days :) if everything goes smoothly I hope to go there in June :) but I recently got super sick and am coughing quite badly. Hopefully my medical will be alright 🤞🏼

K-1 journey (Sept 2017 - July 2018)

Spoiler

08/31/2017 - petition mailed                                             03/27/2018 - embassy received, "ready"           

09/05/2017 - case received                                               05/07/2018 - medical - passed 

09/07/2017 - NOA1                                                             05/10/2018 - interview - approved

03/07/2018 - NOA2 (case status updated 03/08)         05/14/2018 - VOH

03/22/2018 - NVC received & case # assigned          06/18/2018 - POE Seattle

03/26/2018 - NVC left                                                        07/07/2018 - wedding

AOS journey (Sept 2018 - Jan 2019)

Spoiler

09/05/2018 - petition mailed (I-485 + I-765 + I-131)

09/07/2018 - cases received 

09/13/2018 - NOA1s

10/05/2018 - biometrics appointment

12/07/2018 - interview scheduled

01/15/2019 - interview - approved

xx/xx/2019 - combo card approved

xx/xx/2019 - combo card received

01/22/2019 - Green Card received

ROC journey (Oct 2020 - Jun 2021)

Spoiler

10/16/2020 - 01/14/2021 - window for applying

10/26/2020 - petition mailed

10/29/2020 - case received

11/25/2020 - check cashed

11/23/2020 - NOA1

12/16/2020 - biometrics appointment/waived

xx/xx/xxxx - interview scheduled

xx/xx/xxxx - interview 

06/03/2022 - ROC petition approved

06/07/2022 - green card received

Naturalization journey (Jan 2022 - )

01/31/2022 - N-400 form filed online

01/31/2022 - biometrics reuse notice

xx/xx/xxxx - interview scheduled

xx/xx/xxxx - interview

xx/xx/xxxx - oath ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.