pontof

March 2018 I-129f Filers

2,295 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Rayapig said:

Just to clarify-- are you referring to your RFE?

Yes i am..

5 minutes ago, Rayapig said:

Did they let you know when they received it in the mail also like they tell you the NOA1 date or you just wait to hear the approval?

You will be notified as soon as they received your response. Most of the time old website will be first updated of the status “RFE was received” from the USCIS.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Lucy&Jason said:

Yes i am..

You will be notified as soon as they received your response. Most of the time old website will be first updated of the status “RFE was received” from the USCIS.

Okay, great. Thank you for the info. So was it 23 days from when you actually mailed the RFE that you got an approval or 23 days after they showed they received it? I think this is my last question for you-- sorry. But thank you so much for your help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Selina A said:

Hello, I am wondering why the current processing times in VISAJOURNET don't change anymore? It s been more than 4 days that there is no change in the dates 

i was wondering about the same thing the last 2 days, thought maybe there were so many appilcations that it takes them more days, but also the "Trends" with the 196 days isnt correct anymore.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 9/26/2018 at 1:32 PM, Stivendepr said:

Recieved 3-22

Approved 9-24

My fiance told me to check when last March got approved and I saw people saying they sent earlier that us and got approved yesterday. I felt like checking and boom, USCIS said we are approved. I am buzzing I am so happy and my fiance was almost crying. 

congrats! which site did you check? they received ours on march 26th i hope we hear soon too :)

6 hours ago, Chiara_5 said:

ahhhh same dates :D waiting....

I just checked and I'm approved now!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Hirotoyoto said:

congrats! which site did you check? they received ours on march 26th i hope we hear soon too :)

I checked the only site I know, the one supplied in our original acceptance: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
20 minutes ago, RayAndCrisnaLyn said:

Just received our NOA2 email this morning.

Interesting tidbit.

I checked https://my.uscis.gov/account/applicant at like 8:15am.  No update.

I received our NOA2 notification email at 8:30am.  I had also signed up for a text message but did not get one.

I go back and check the https://my.uscis.gov/account/applicant site, it has not yet been updated.

So, going off my situation, you'll likely get your email notice before your case info on the website will be updated.

Ray

07/25/2024: Meet at Manila Airport

08/09/2024: Petitioner return to United States

08/27/2024: I-129F sent to USCIS Dallas Lockbox via USPS

08/29/2024: Packet arrived at Texas PO Box

09/03/2024: Amex was chargedNOA1 Hard Copy Sent

09/09/2024: NOA1 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/20xx: NOA2 Email 
xx/xx/20xx: NOA2 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/20xx: NVC Received I-129F 
xx/xx/20xx: NVC Case Number Received

xx/xx/20xx: NVC affirms case is valid to proceed

xx/xx/20xx: NVC forwards Case to Manila Embassy (email)

xx/xx/20xx: DS160 Filed online

xx/xx/20xx: Fee paid, interview scheduled for xx xxx, registered for Medical
xx/xx/20xx: Medical day 1

xx/xx/20xx: Medical screen

xx/xx/20xx: Medical day 2

xx/xx/20xx: Medical immunizations
xx/xx/20xx: Interview

xx/xx/20xx: APPROVED!
xx/xx/20xx: Visa in Hand
xx/xx/20xx: POE at Indianapolis Airport

xx/xx/20xx: Married

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 9/26/2018 at 10:18 PM, Mez274 said:

Hey guys, im WAITINGGG till the website updates itself to say that i can submit a case enquiry for march 5th (and call them) which hopefully is in a few days but im wondering does that even make a difference? Has anyone else submitted an enquiry on the website and seen a reply or just SOMETHING!? thanks in advance :)

Same boat my friend, March 05 as well and complete silence on the NOA2. We called and put in an enquiry but nothing. Mar 5 must be cursed or something, my advice to stop the insanity is to not look at visa journey, delete apps and "pretend" you never even filed. Literally carry on like you're not even engaged and prepare for the long wait to at least next March. Then worry.

-pats seat in boat- come join me. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, RayAndCrisnaLyn said:

Interesting tidbit.

I checked https://my.uscis.gov/account/applicant at like 8:15am.  No update.

I received our NOA2 notification email at 8:30am.  I had also signed up for a text message but did not get one.

I go back and check the https://my.uscis.gov/account/applicant site, it has not yet been updated.

So, going off my situation, you'll likely get your email notice before your case info on the website will be updated.

Ray

hi, i see your noa1 is march 26th as well. when i check the uscis website it says they got our petition on march 26th so i should get my noa2 now as well. 

1 hour ago, Hirotoyoto said:

hi when you called did you talk to someone or was it just automated telling you you got approved already?

I talked to an officer he ask me a couple of question and put me on hold for a few minutes and told me that my case was approved the 24th. My case still haven’t been updated on the website. I’m out of the country but someone back home confirmed that I did received the approval letter in the mail the day before yesterday so that was the 26th.

2 hours ago, Hirotoyoto said:

hi, i see your noa1 is march 26th as well. when i check the uscis website it says they got our petition on march 26th so i should get my noa2 now as well. 

Each case stands on it's own and is processed but may not be on the same timeline as someone else who applied the same time you did. Background checks and home country's have a great influence on the timing. To get a better idea use these tools.

1. It's advisable that once you receive your NOA2 that you contact NVC via https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html to update your email address as well as your beneficiary's email address.

2.  Use the tools here in VJ to answer "when I am going to get etc. etc." question. Near your picture there is a link for your timeline. Select it and once you're on the next page near your picture  you will see "follow similar timelines" and it will populate 12 other couples who are near your dates. Scroll down and you will see a "spreadsheet" style page showing all the variables for measurement for when others from your Embassy are getting the same notice of approval or action.  Try it. It really works!

3. And if you want to follow those from other countries that have similar timelines as yours there are several tools available to you. Go up to Immigration Timelines on the blue ribbon above and select it. Once you are on the next page looked to your left and you will see a box that states, "find similar timelines" and select it. A list will populate with those who are processing close to your timeline. When they start to change you will soon be behind them.

I followed those that were in my group to give me an idea where they were in processing so I could judge if I was ahead or behind.  It's pretty accurate, maybe within a day or so.

If you choose to follow those twelve members then you will get an email every time their status updates.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.