pontof

March 2018 I-129f Filers

2,295 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just now, KandN said:

Ok...good to know

thx for that information

Note to self,  dont just rely on any website or e notifications, start checking the mailbox everyday as well. 

Yes! And I'm sending you good vibes. I hope you get your NOA2 soon. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Lrobby said:

Thank you! This website is called Visa Journey for a reason. Happy to read everyone’s journey and compare notes and excited for everyone receiving their NOA2s. I think most the anxiety I bet is off your mind knowing you don’t have any RFE’s to worry about. The interview should be painless as long you can prove a bona fide relationship.

I’m an early April filers and hope to get my NOA2 soon....I think a lot of us April filers are reading what’s going on with March filers right now. 

Congratulations again and thank you for sharing your experience. It really does help the rest of us who are waiting and wondering just like you were until about 1 hour ago 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, Coffelacha said:

Wow we just got approved by snail mail. Today he is leaving me (I’m the beneficiary) and we received a pic of the mail by the informed delivery. So it’s really nice news for us :) 

noa 1: March 12 (old site) / March 16 (new site)

noa 2: September 18

CONGRATS!!!!

Advice: KEEP BUSY!!

March 12 2018 - I-129F Sent to USCIS (Dallas) 

March 13 2018 - I-129F Delivered

March 19 2018 – Rec’d TEXT w/receipt #

March 19 2018 – Check Cleared

March 20 2018 - NOA1 Sent out

March 23 2018 - Received hard copy letter of NOA1 (Application in California Processing)

Oct 3 2018 USCIS mailed NOA2

Oct 4 2018 - Approved NOA2  via App (206 days of waiting)

Oct 9 2018  NOA2 Received via mail

Oct 24 2018 NVC Received Case

Oct 25 2018 NVC Case number received

Nov 1 2018 DS-160 Submitted online

Nov 14 2018 Case sent to embassy

Nov 16 2018 Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

Jan 10 2019 Medical exam completed

Jan 15 2019 Interview

Jan 16 2019 Interview Results - status "Issued"

Jan 24 2019 Visa in Hand 

Feb 18 2019 - POE

April 9 2019- Married!!!

April 27 2019- AOS Filed / Mailed

April 28 2019- AOS Delivered (Chicago)

May 2 2019 - Rec’d TEXT w/receipt # for AOS, EAD, & Travel / (NOA 1)

Nov 14 2019 - EAD & AP Approved

Nov 18 2019 - Card Mailed

Nov 21 2019 - Combo Card Rec'd

Jan 30 2020 - Green Card Interview

Jan 30 2020 - Card Approved and in Production

Feb 6 2020 - Greencard Rec'd

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
51 minutes ago, KandN said:

Thank you! This website is called Visa Journey for a reason. Happy to read everyone’s journey and compare notes and excited for everyone receiving their NOA2s. I think most the anxiety I bet is off your mind knowing you don’t have any RFE’s to worry about. The interview should be painless as long you can prove a bona fide relationship.

I’m an early April filers and hope to get my NOA2 soon....I think a lot of us April filers are reading what’s going on with March filers right now. 

Congratulations again and thank you for sharing your experience. It really does help the rest of us who are waiting and wondering just like you were until about 1 hour ago 😊

Of course and I'm glad to help. The waiting can be brutal so we have to rely on others experience. Good luck!

1 hour ago, Lrobby said:

Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline or your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine your Embassy. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Thanks

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

1 hour ago, KandN said:

First of all congratulations!

Curious if you submitted the G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceltance at the original I-129F submission or when you signed up to the new website if you listed on your profile to accept text and or email notifications. I’ve been reading a few people who have had notifications sent via snail mail and am just curious. 

Even then so, not sure why the websites weren’t updated either. 

I usually get all my bills etc via electronically and check my snail mail mailbox maybe once a week. Thinking I should start checking that now everyday  as well but back to original question about if you signed up for E- notification. I would be expecting a text message and or email I’m assuming.

There is a service provided by the USPS (US Postal Service) whereby each morning USPS will scan your incoming mail (just the address side of the envelope) and email you an update. It's very convenient these days to have advance notice that an important piece of mail is being delivered.

The service is available to most communities but some are still being rolling out so not all areas are available. Check the website with your zip code to verify your location is available for the service. A person in the USA can sign up for this free service here: https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

2 hours ago, mangy said:

Our NOA1 is March 20 on Old Site and March 24 on New Site... Still waiting for NOA2

After getting notified and receiving your NOA2 send an email to NVC asking for them to email both you and your fiancé if any updates occur. In the past they have replied when your case was received from USCIS, another when your case number has been assigned and when your case is being sent out to your Embassy without you having to make any further queries by phone. Here is where you send this information to:

Email address: NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

Subject: Your receipt #

Body: Petitioner's Complete Name Birthday ; Beneficiary's Complete Name Birthday

Or use the online form

https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

8 hours ago, Knome said:

omg!!! thats a lot... I  simply searched by typing WAC number in that old site and checked for all the WAC number after or before mine....so i checked for almost 27 starting from WACxxxxxx51 to WACxxxxxx78.... may be there are much more   😮

There are many tools her on VJ to answer "when I am going to get etc. etc." question. Near your picture there is a link for your timeline. Select it and once you're on the next page near your picture you will see "follow similar timelines" and it will populate 12 other couples who are near your dates. Scroll down and you will see a "spreadsheet" style page showing all the variables for measurement for when others are getting the same notice of approval or action.  Try it. It really works!

I followed those that were in my group to give me an idea where they were in processing so I could judge if I was ahead or behind.  It's pretty accurate, maybe within a day or so.

If you choose to follow those twelve members then you will get an email every time their status updates.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

There are many tools her on VJ to answer "when I am going to get etc. etc." question. Near your picture there is a link for your timeline. Select it and once you're on the next page near your picture you will see "follow similar timelines" and it will populate 12 other couples who are near your dates. Scroll down and you will see a "spreadsheet" style page showing all the variables for measurement for when others are getting the same notice of approval or action.  Try it. It really works!

I followed those that were in my group to give me an idea where they were in processing so I could judge if I was ahead or behind.  It's pretty accurate, maybe within a day or so.

If you choose to follow those twelve members then you will get an email every time their status updates.

Thanks i will do tht :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

I'm officially past the 180 day threshold, now I can start looking for status updates in earnest. Pretty exciting!

Good luck fellow Marchers! Next week is our week!

On 9/15/2018 at 12:42 AM, Meu Amor said:

February 

Hey can u please link me the new site I see everyone talking about? I’m lost

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
25 minutes ago, 10_Neisha said:

Hey can u please link me the new site I see everyone talking about? I’m lost

Sure. The "new site" link is in my signature. 

Advice: KEEP BUSY!!

March 12 2018 - I-129F Sent to USCIS (Dallas) 

March 13 2018 - I-129F Delivered

March 19 2018 – Rec’d TEXT w/receipt #

March 19 2018 – Check Cleared

March 20 2018 - NOA1 Sent out

March 23 2018 - Received hard copy letter of NOA1 (Application in California Processing)

Oct 3 2018 USCIS mailed NOA2

Oct 4 2018 - Approved NOA2  via App (206 days of waiting)

Oct 9 2018  NOA2 Received via mail

Oct 24 2018 NVC Received Case

Oct 25 2018 NVC Case number received

Nov 1 2018 DS-160 Submitted online

Nov 14 2018 Case sent to embassy

Nov 16 2018 Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

Jan 10 2019 Medical exam completed

Jan 15 2019 Interview

Jan 16 2019 Interview Results - status "Issued"

Jan 24 2019 Visa in Hand 

Feb 18 2019 - POE

April 9 2019- Married!!!

April 27 2019- AOS Filed / Mailed

April 28 2019- AOS Delivered (Chicago)

May 2 2019 - Rec’d TEXT w/receipt # for AOS, EAD, & Travel / (NOA 1)

Nov 14 2019 - EAD & AP Approved

Nov 18 2019 - Card Mailed

Nov 21 2019 - Combo Card Rec'd

Jan 30 2020 - Green Card Interview

Jan 30 2020 - Card Approved and in Production

Feb 6 2020 - Greencard Rec'd

Thank you so much @Greenbaum!! I've had 5 hospital appointments these past couple of weeks so haven't been able to stay on top of this. My fiancé is looking into the affidavit of support documentation, so I can bring back to the UK all the things I need. It's quite the process but I'm hoping we'll have our k1 by December and that will be a major cause for celebration. 

Edited by CaliforniaLovin

03/23/18 - Sent I-129F Package 

03/26/18 - USCIS received package

03/29/18 - Notification of NOA1 (Text)

04/10/18 - Hard copy of NOA1 (around this date)

xx/xx/18 - RFE/NOA2

xx/xx/18 - Case at NVC/Case # Received

xx/xx/18 - Embassy Received Case

xx/xx/18 - Medical Appointment

xx/xx/18 - Interview Appointment

xx/xx/xx - Visa Received

xx/xx/xx - POE to USA

xx/xx/xx - Wedding date <3

Helpful info

USCIS - 800-375-5283.  NVC - (603)-334-0700

How to talk to a live person at USCIShttps://goo.gl/54z5bZ

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVC? Click here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Official K1 details and flow

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

On 9/6/2018 at 2:30 AM, BJ & Christine said:

U will have to cancel ur K1 visa and start a cr1. Which will u have to start all over again. Plus it takes a bit longer for cr1. 

If u are a March filer u “should” have no issue with benefituary being in the states by March. Tbh if everything goes well u could possible make it by the end of this year or start of next year. 

Btw congrats on the baby. Hope she has a safe and healthy pregnancy.

@BJ & Christine so sorry for the delay in replying. I've had a crazy couple of weeks due to the pregnancy. We've decided to stick to the K1 and then go through the cbra process to enable us to then get the baby a passport. So many processes and such a wait. We're still waiting on the NOA2. X

03/23/18 - Sent I-129F Package 

03/26/18 - USCIS received package

03/29/18 - Notification of NOA1 (Text)

04/10/18 - Hard copy of NOA1 (around this date)

xx/xx/18 - RFE/NOA2

xx/xx/18 - Case at NVC/Case # Received

xx/xx/18 - Embassy Received Case

xx/xx/18 - Medical Appointment

xx/xx/18 - Interview Appointment

xx/xx/xx - Visa Received

xx/xx/xx - POE to USA

xx/xx/xx - Wedding date <3

Helpful info

USCIS - 800-375-5283.  NVC - (603)-334-0700

How to talk to a live person at USCIShttps://goo.gl/54z5bZ

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVC? Click here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Official K1 details and flow

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.