pontof

March 2018 I-129f Filers

2,295 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ObiChe said:

OK I'm officially joining and remaining in the March crew. LOL. I hate this old site new site ####### seriously. I was for sure I was February based on NOA1 date on hardcopy and old website, but the stupid new site insists on giving me a date of March 1st so to calm my anxiety I am setting my brain to expect my approval in September and relax a few more weeks. 

On another note...I'm worried about my taxes guys...I am self employed and I wrote off EVERYTHING I could possibly write off, but I'm not sure I meet the qualifications because it looks like I earned negative income last year. I'm wondering if they take that literally or see that I made well over the minimum but had several deductions claimed. Should I get a second person to sponsor just in case? I'm a little confused by it. Or do I submit new pay stubs with my documents showing my current income?

They are most interested in current income. So anything that you can provide to them to substantiate your ability to support your household size will help your cause. They will use tax returns and current income from pay stubs, W2's etc. You may want to do a little more research and ask this question in the K-1 forum but not here in this thread. The experts camp out in K-1 and will be glad to help. Ppl here are trying to get their arms around what is needed for them, if you know what I mean. Good luck.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, ObiChe said:

OK I'm officially joining and remaining in the March crew. LOL. I hate this old site new site ####### seriously. I was for sure I was February based on NOA1 date on hardcopy and old website, but the stupid new site insists on giving me a date of March 1st so to calm my anxiety I am setting my brain to expect my approval in September and relax a few more weeks. 

On another note...I'm worried about my taxes guys...I am self employed and I wrote off EVERYTHING I could possibly write off, but I'm not sure I meet the qualifications because it looks like I earned negative income last year. I'm wondering if they take that literally or see that I made well over the minimum but had several deductions claimed. Should I get a second person to sponsor just in case? I'm a little confused by it. Or do I submit new pay stubs with my documents showing my current income?

It's ok to be a multi month filer. 

Im early feb filer and will be joining march filers. Since I'll be one of the unlucky few dragging behind. Just hope I dot have to go and join April filers. Nothing wrong with them but ffs, don't want to to drag out the long... 

urs will come in due time. Keep ur head up and stay busy.

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

On 8/25/2018 at 6:55 PM, BJ & Christine said:

It's ok to be a multi month filer. 

Im early feb filer and will be joining march filers. Since I'll be one of the unlucky few dragging behind. Just hope I dot have to go and join April filers. Nothing wrong with them but ffs, don't want to to drag out the long... 

urs will come in due time. Keep ur head up and stay busy.

Welcome to the marchers but keeping fingers and praying you get your NOA2 this coming week

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

Hey Marchie friends, I have no updates but just wanted to write something to relieve the anxiety ahah

I quited my job and it felt really good but made me think about the future and all the things I will need to adapt. For those thinking "oh, you should have waited until you get the visa" don't worry, I was planning on quitting anyway and I will find a new job if for some extreme bad luck I don't get the visa. I need to give 2 months notice anyway, so I talked with my employer and gave 3 months notice so they have time to fill my position since it will not be easy, especially if they want to pay the same salary they are paying me now for the same job.

I was wonder, for us beneficiaries, what is the thing that gives you more anxiety?

For me, besides leaving family and friends behind, it comes down to three main things:

1) driving: I never had a driver's license, even though I'm 30, and I get quite anxious because in the US, especially if you will live in a small town like I will be living, driving is pretty much mandatory to get around. There are a few buses, but they will not allow the same degree of freedom I'm used to here in Portugal. I always got really nervous behind the wheel on my 2 attempts to get a license so I worry how it will be. My fiancé told me that get a license in the US is easier than here (here we need to have both theoretical and pratical classes with certified trainers and go through 2 exams to get a license) but I'm still very nervous about it.

2) language: I think my english skills are quite ok and I don't feel any problem talking with my fiancé, but I know he got used to my way of talking and he also understands a little of portuguese so he knows exactly what I mean. But every time I go there I'm never able to order food in taco bell for example. It seems they don't understand me and I don't understand them. For everyday stuff I think I will be fine, I'm more worried for job finding. In the small town we will live, probably my first job will be in the service industry and I'm so afraid some stupid client will complain about my english... I talked english all day on my job now but I have always the excuse that if they don't understand they can always learn portuguese and try again if they want to do business with us ahah

3) politics: I know this is a very hot topic, but I always lived in what you could call a progressive european social democracy. For me not having at least 22 days of paid vacation, universal health care and education, maternity and paternity paid leave and public transportation seems like a crime. I know what I'm signing for and I can manage that. My issue in this topic is to not be able to discuss this topics with other people without losing my mind. I don't want to be rude and stuff, but it is so hard for me for people not to see that for a society to work there has to be a minimum of a social network. Health insurance is the worse. Most people I know in the US pay so much more than me for insurance (either directly or by their employer) and they still don't have the level of care I can get for free (I pay taxes, but I think they are quite fair and proportional). Last year I broke my leg and in the end after 10 days in the hospital and surgery I paid 10 dollars.

This was a long rant, sorry :P

Anyone else has this type of anxieties? It would be nice to hear from people sharing the same experience.

I can't wait to start seeing the "I got approved" posts!

Edited by Jose&Jeff

Use this link

to see an article that I posted titled: What steps does an USCIS agent take to adjudicate my case at USCIS.

Scroll about 3/4 of the way down the page to arrive at the article. If you comment please do not quote the entire article as it gets to be too much duplication if everyone is doing the same.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Mariasd21 said:

Hello somebody from March with noa2? 

I only know of one super lucky couple who had theirs processed due to submitting spelling corrections to the beneficiary's name.

I check http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?cfl=0&op1=5&op2=d&op3=1&op4=1&op5=5,6,8,10,11,13,14,15,16,17,18,20,21,22,25,26,27,28,108,110,111,208,210,211&op6=California Service Center&op66=All&op7=All&dfile=No&adv= pretty much on a daily basis just to see who's reporting NOA2s each day. 🤪 I think it's more torture than anything but I do it anyway. 

28 minutes ago, Mariasd21 said:

Hello somebody from March with noa2? 

They are still working on February, and even January.  February really didn't get going until after the first week in August.  My guess is some March approvals will begin trickling in around two weeks from now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline

Hello everyone!!! I got my NOA1 March 16 and hard copy March 22 2018. On our application we stated that we were planning on getting married late September but it seems that it sure will take longer than that. Will it be a problem to get approved for NOA2? 

Note that hat we have sufficient evidence and filed before we officially got engaged! 

We have changed wedding date since then! 

Edited by Edisela

17 minutes ago, Edisela said:

Hello everyone!!! I got my NOA1 March 16 and hard copy March 22 2018. On our application we stated that we were planning on getting married late September but it seems that it sure will take longer than that. Will it be a problem to get approved for NOA2? 

Note that hat we have sufficient evidence and filed before we officially got engaged! 

Your wedding is scheduled for the end of September 2018?  I would say that there is unfortunately no way that the alien fiancee will have POE by then.   

Even with a perfect 129-F with no overt red flags, it may be October before you have the NOA2, let alone an interview date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Edisela said:

Hello! Just like the other person commented.. there's no way really that your process ends by September. You may receive your NOA2 by September but then you still have months to go after that. It still goes through a couple more steps and those steps have been going a bit slower than years past. From what lawyers have told me and what I've seen.. most people are done with the entire process in about 10 months or more from beginning to end. It used to be 6 months on average but last couple years that's usually not the case anymore. Just receiving the NOA2 alone takes more than that long now. I'm sorry if you've been counting on September but it's good to know what the reality is. If this process has taught me anything... It's patience. And you can't count on any timing or plan anything. I would suggest just letting it happen and plan things once you have the Visa in hand. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Edisela said:

Having a proposed wedding date that you're extremely unlikely to meet is unlikely to affect the progress of your petition, I think. And it's good that you've realized your original proposed date is pretty much impossible.

However, it's very unwise to make any plans around a specific wedding date before the beneficiary's visa has been issued (and certainly don't make any non-refundable deposits unless you don't care about losing them). If you want to have an elaborate wedding, I'd recommend either using the 6 months your fiancé(e) has to come to the US and the 90 days of the K-1 to plan it, or have a quick civil marriage shortly after your fiancé(e) arrives in the US to meet the legal requirements of the K-1 and then forge ahead with planning a ceremony. Lots of people on a K-1 take the latter approach; it's fine (and what we're planning on doing).

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Edisela said:

Echoing what everyone else said.....**please make no plans**. It'll only drive you to frustration. and anxiety. Unfortunately, with the K1 Visa you have to be flexible as not much is within your control when it comes to the approval process. Just sit tight and KEEP BUSY. It'll all work out, but you just have to be patient. 

MARCHERS we are on DECK!!! Congrats to everyone thus far on the wait. I know it's been tough! 😍

Advice: KEEP BUSY!!

March 12 2018 - I-129F Sent to USCIS (Dallas) 

March 13 2018 - I-129F Delivered

March 19 2018 – Rec’d TEXT w/receipt #

March 19 2018 – Check Cleared

March 20 2018 - NOA1 Sent out

March 23 2018 - Received hard copy letter of NOA1 (Application in California Processing)

Oct 3 2018 USCIS mailed NOA2

Oct 4 2018 - Approved NOA2  via App (206 days of waiting)

Oct 9 2018  NOA2 Received via mail

Oct 24 2018 NVC Received Case

Oct 25 2018 NVC Case number received

Nov 1 2018 DS-160 Submitted online

Nov 14 2018 Case sent to embassy

Nov 16 2018 Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

Jan 10 2019 Medical exam completed

Jan 15 2019 Interview

Jan 16 2019 Interview Results - status "Issued"

Jan 24 2019 Visa in Hand 

Feb 18 2019 - POE

April 9 2019- Married!!!

April 27 2019- AOS Filed / Mailed

April 28 2019- AOS Delivered (Chicago)

May 2 2019 - Rec’d TEXT w/receipt # for AOS, EAD, & Travel / (NOA 1)

Nov 14 2019 - EAD & AP Approved

Nov 18 2019 - Card Mailed

Nov 21 2019 - Combo Card Rec'd

Jan 30 2020 - Green Card Interview

Jan 30 2020 - Card Approved and in Production

Feb 6 2020 - Greencard Rec'd

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

All this waiting is just stressing me out. It is like a daily torture. I can't help checking my status everyday and uscis timeline progress, today they are working on January 29, checked at 5AM. Who does that. :( Anyone please, I need a trick to help me distance myself from all this mess and put myself in relaxed waiting mode. 

Edited by clamardo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just now, clamardo said:

All this waiting is just stressing me out. It is like a daily torture. I can't help checking my status everyday and uscis timeline progress, today they are working on January 29, checked at 5AM. Who does tgst. :( Anyone please, I need a trick to help me distance myself from all this mess and put myself in relaxed waiting mode. 

Best thing u can do is not think about it and stay busy.  At day 207. Haven't heard anything and staying possitive. What's worrying or stressing over gunna do? 

2 more weeks they should just with march, slowly at first and ramp it up over the next couple of weeks. 

😉 good luck

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.