pontof

March 2018 I-129f Filers

2,295 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, Alan&Alex said:

Thanks! He's most definitely over the legal age by many years although has a young face. 🙂

I was reading your signature on which date to use. Old site had March 7. The new site has a "submitted date" of March 9 but in the history, "we received your case" is dated March 10th. Is it the submitted date or the date in the history on the new site that I should use in my timeline? 

If u reach the (not so magical) number of 210 days and feel the need to call uscis. U must use the new sites date. If u call prior (most likely) they will just tell u ur still within normal processing time. 

Mines 5 days different. I'll have to wait till February 7th date shows to be out of normal processing time. 

But, my case is slightly difficult. So I am not expecting anything for awhile yet. Even tho I'm anxiously awaiting our noa2. 

Ill be patient tho.. can't rush a good thing.😁

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Alan&Alex said:

Hi March family,

Obviously, my fiance and I are gay. Unfortunately, he  has never came out to his mom until last night along with the fact that we have a visa pending and getting married. Well, it didn't go well at all. It's not the visa that's the issue but the coming out as gay. Lots of hurtful things said by her and of course a disapproval of everything. 

My question is, is there a chance this could affect our visa process? 

I'm sorry to hear that :( My parents kicked me out when I first came out, but they later came around so everything is okay now. Hopefully it will be the same for your fiance.

As far as his visa goes, from what I've seen it really only depends on if it's considered a high-fraud country or not. Parental/family approval might be taken into account in countries where such things are the norm (e.g. India or Pakistan), in cases where the petitioner and beneficiary are from different religions, or as supporting evidence of a bonafide relationship (useful for frontloading your petition if in a high-fraud country).

I'm not sure if El Salvador is considered high-fraud or not but so far I think not? Probably better to ask in the Latin America regional forum here on VJ though, as they'd likely know more than I would. 

***K-1 Visa***

NOA1:         03/01/18 (old site)

03/06/18 (new site)

NOA2:         09/04/18

Interview:   12/27/18

Visa Rcvd:   01/09/19

POE Date:    01/27/19

Married:       02/22/19

***Adjustment of Status***

Sent:             03/07/19

NOA1:           03/15/19

Biometrics:  04/11/19

Ready:           04/24/19

EAD/AP:        08/20/19

Card Rcvd:    08/26/19

***Removal of Conditions***

Sent:             11/17/21

NOA1:           11/20/21

24-month Extension: Received

48-month Extension: Received

Approval:     02/20/24

***Naturalization***

Sent:             10/05/23

NOA1:           10/05/23

Biometrics:  10/25/23

Interview:     02/12/24

Oath:             03/27/24

============================================

Case Status Online: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
4 minutes ago, crono_clone said:

I'm sorry to hear that :( My parents kicked me out when I first came out, but they later came around so everything is okay now. Hopefully it will be the same for your fiance.

As far as his visa goes, from what I've seen it really only depends on if it's considered a high-fraud country or not. Parental/family approval might be taken into account in countries where such things are the norm (e.g. India or Pakistan), in cases where the petitioner and beneficiary are from different religions, or as supporting evidence of a bonafide relationship (useful for frontloading your petition if in a high-fraud country).

I'm not sure if El Salvador is considered high-fraud or not but so far I think not? Probably better to ask in the Latin America regional forum here on VJ though, as they'd likely know more than I would. 

I'm glad to hear they came around. I hope the same for Alex as well. Unfortunately, he's the only child so it's a big pill for his mom to swallow that she may never get grandkids of her direct line. I forced myself into a hetero marriage due to extreme fears of coming out and pressure from the church. The only good thing that came from that were my kids. But my mom also has a billion grandkids from my other other siblings. 

Anyway, thank you. I'll double check in the Latin America forum. I'm in Houston!

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Alan&Alex said:

I'm glad to hear they came around. I hope the same for Alex as well. Unfortunately, he's the only child so it's a big pill for his mom to swallow that she may never get grandkids of her direct line. I forced myself into a hetero marriage due to extreme fears of coming out and pressure from the church. The only good thing that came from that were my kids. But my mom also has a billion grandkids from my other other siblings. 

Anyway, thank you. I'll double check in the Latin America forum. I'm in Houston!

Yup, definitely understandable. I'm the middle child so at least it doesn't fall to me, though so far my elder brother and his girlfriend have only managed to produce 11 cats while my younger sister has entered her middle twenties without ever having had a single boyfriend, so ummm...........it just might fall to me after all  :lol: I'd prefer to adopt a kid from the Philippines, though my fiance has gotten it into his head that he wants a biological child most likely using a surrogate, so I guess we'll have to see haha. 

I'm glad you're able to live authentically now and that you've found someone to share it with! I grew up in the church as well, so I know what you mean. And yay, a fellow Houstonian! There's quite a few of us in these forums, hehe.

***K-1 Visa***

03/06/18 (new site)

***Naturalization***

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

@Alan&Alex sorry to hear that. Hopefully things turn around. 

Hey Everyone,

Just curious to see if you've already told family and friends about the K1 or are you waiting until the approval? 

Homestretch guys.....we are on Deck!!! 

Advice: KEEP BUSY!!

March 12 2018 - I-129F Sent to USCIS (Dallas) 

March 13 2018 - I-129F Delivered

March 19 2018 – Rec’d TEXT w/receipt #

March 19 2018 – Check Cleared

March 20 2018 - NOA1 Sent out

March 23 2018 - Received hard copy letter of NOA1 (Application in California Processing)

Oct 3 2018 USCIS mailed NOA2

Oct 4 2018 - Approved NOA2  via App (206 days of waiting)

Oct 9 2018  NOA2 Received via mail

Oct 24 2018 NVC Received Case

Oct 25 2018 NVC Case number received

Nov 1 2018 DS-160 Submitted online

Nov 14 2018 Case sent to embassy

Nov 16 2018 Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

Jan 10 2019 Medical exam completed

Jan 15 2019 Interview

Jan 16 2019 Interview Results - status "Issued"

Jan 24 2019 Visa in Hand 

Feb 18 2019 - POE

April 9 2019- Married!!!

April 27 2019- AOS Filed / Mailed

April 28 2019- AOS Delivered (Chicago)

May 2 2019 - Rec’d TEXT w/receipt # for AOS, EAD, & Travel / (NOA 1)

Nov 14 2019 - EAD & AP Approved

Nov 18 2019 - Card Mailed

Nov 21 2019 - Combo Card Rec'd

Jan 30 2020 - Green Card Interview

Jan 30 2020 - Card Approved and in Production

Feb 6 2020 - Greencard Rec'd

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Meu Amor said:

@Alan&Alex sorry to hear that. Hopefully things turn around. 

Hey Everyone,

Just curious to see if you've already told family and friends about the K1 or are you waiting until the approval? 

Homestretch guys.....we are on Deck!!! 

We told family and some friends. Sometimes I wish we hadn't because now at every get together I have to repeat for the thousandth time "Still haven't heard anything, still waiting". It's nice to have people around who know about it, are supportive, and are willing to listen to complaints about the waiting though.

AOS/EAD/AP Filed: April 5, 2019 
NOA 1: April 12, 2019
Biometrics Appointment: May 8, 2019
RFIE Rec'd: June 21, 2019 - Request for long form birth certificate

RFIE Reply Sent: July 16, 2019
AOS Interview Date: October 3, 2019, APPROVED 

Green card Received: October 10, 2019

i-751 Filed: September 21, 2021

1 minute ago, BananaButton5 said:

We told family and some friends. Sometimes I wish we hadn't because now at every get together I have to repeat for the thousandth time "Still haven't heard anything, still waiting". It's nice to have people around who know about it, are supportive, and are willing to listen to complaints about the waiting though.

We haven’t told anyone for that reason lol! They keep asking when we are getting married so that’s enough for now haha. We will tell them once we have NOA2 as We need to get so much sorted! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 minutes ago, BananaButton5 said:

lol, I hear ya! That's the reason we're holding off. But you are right the supportive ones does help. We'll let the cat out the bag in a month or so. But only a handful of people know. I swore them all to "top level classified" 

Advice: KEEP BUSY!!

March 12 2018 - I-129F Sent to USCIS (Dallas) 

March 13 2018 - I-129F Delivered

March 19 2018 – Rec’d TEXT w/receipt #

March 19 2018 – Check Cleared

March 20 2018 - NOA1 Sent out

March 23 2018 - Received hard copy letter of NOA1 (Application in California Processing)

Oct 3 2018 USCIS mailed NOA2

Oct 4 2018 - Approved NOA2  via App (206 days of waiting)

Oct 9 2018  NOA2 Received via mail

Oct 24 2018 NVC Received Case

Oct 25 2018 NVC Case number received

Nov 1 2018 DS-160 Submitted online

Nov 14 2018 Case sent to embassy

Nov 16 2018 Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

Jan 10 2019 Medical exam completed

Jan 15 2019 Interview

Jan 16 2019 Interview Results - status "Issued"

Jan 24 2019 Visa in Hand 

Feb 18 2019 - POE

April 9 2019- Married!!!

April 27 2019- AOS Filed / Mailed

April 28 2019- AOS Delivered (Chicago)

May 2 2019 - Rec’d TEXT w/receipt # for AOS, EAD, & Travel / (NOA 1)

Nov 14 2019 - EAD & AP Approved

Nov 18 2019 - Card Mailed

Nov 21 2019 - Combo Card Rec'd

Jan 30 2020 - Green Card Interview

Jan 30 2020 - Card Approved and in Production

Feb 6 2020 - Greencard Rec'd

Timeline

Same here! I thought maybe I was being superstitious or something, but I didn't really feel like announcing something that wasn't fully real yet. I felt like I might jinx myself since so many things could go wrong in this process! But thankfully our time is almost here, and once our approval is in hand then I can be more comfortable in telling people.

***K-1 Visa***

03/06/18 (new site)

***Naturalization***

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I guess i will be the first one to speculate.  I say the first March approval on here will be August 25.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
19 minutes ago, BrianC said:

I guess i will be the first one to speculate.  I say the first March approval on here will be August 25.

That would be a massive shocker to the whole system. 

It be best to think they will start coming in 3.5 weeks from now. May get a couple the first week of September. But, won’t really start till the second week of September.

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
24 minutes ago, BrianC said:

We can only hope! But unless they blow through February, I doubt it. Especially since according to that graph someone posted a few days back, February had more filers than January and March even more. According to the image in http://www.visajourney.com/content/times/, they are on Feb 1 today based on updated timeline data. There were a couple times in January that I saw it jump ahead a few days that caused my timeline estimate to move up. But based on the numbers for February, I have a feeling we won't see that again this month. But again, we can hope! 😄 

I was wondering, I've read that there are some "lucky" individuals who get approved earlier than expected. I wonder if that possibility was phased out with their new system. 

Timeline

Based on last month there are several cases that were approved before their 6 month mark.  One above.  This is not unusual.  Unfortunately i am watching this too much and studying it.  It appears that about 70% of the cases are coming in approved at 6 months to 6 months and 2 weeks. The other 30% have rfe or security clearance hold ups and take over 7 months then.  This makes the overall estimate of uscis wstimated time longer.  In short no rfe 6-6.5 rfe or security can be quite a bit longer.  Just my opinion but that is what it looks like to me.

Timeline

I do agree a few in august few more first week of sepember and should start moving the 2nd week of september.  Considering only 70% of vj’s update their timelines it appears my guessimate is february is 22% complete.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.