pontof

March 2018 I-129f Filers

2,295 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Rayapig said:

Definitely. But does the foreign fiancee need to sign the affadivit of support?  And I am not preparing any documents anyway until this part goes through and gets approved so I will then know if the paperwork can be submitted online or not at that time. 

Affidavit is for US citizen (petitioner) to complete and sign. This form is used to show the petitioner will be able to support spouse. Letter from Bank, Paystubs, and Letter from US citizen's employers needs to go with this form.

This form is needed after the NOA2. 

Please view  this section at the link below: "What to send to your fiance once the I-129F is approved (Receive NOA2)"

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Advice: KEEP BUSY!!

March 12 2018 - I-129F Sent to USCIS (Dallas) 

March 13 2018 - I-129F Delivered

March 19 2018 – Rec’d TEXT w/receipt #

March 19 2018 – Check Cleared

March 20 2018 - NOA1 Sent out

March 23 2018 - Received hard copy letter of NOA1 (Application in California Processing)

Oct 3 2018 USCIS mailed NOA2

Oct 4 2018 - Approved NOA2  via App (206 days of waiting)

Oct 9 2018  NOA2 Received via mail

Oct 24 2018 NVC Received Case

Oct 25 2018 NVC Case number received

Nov 1 2018 DS-160 Submitted online

Nov 14 2018 Case sent to embassy

Nov 16 2018 Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

Jan 10 2019 Medical exam completed

Jan 15 2019 Interview

Jan 16 2019 Interview Results - status "Issued"

Jan 24 2019 Visa in Hand 

Feb 18 2019 - POE

April 9 2019- Married!!!

April 27 2019- AOS Filed / Mailed

April 28 2019- AOS Delivered (Chicago)

May 2 2019 - Rec’d TEXT w/receipt # for AOS, EAD, & Travel / (NOA 1)

Nov 14 2019 - EAD & AP Approved

Nov 18 2019 - Card Mailed

Nov 21 2019 - Combo Card Rec'd

Jan 30 2020 - Green Card Interview

Jan 30 2020 - Card Approved and in Production

Feb 6 2020 - Greencard Rec'd

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

It does not require a wet signature. See below. (-->)

Not necessary. They only require a "dry" signature. See below (-->)

I am very suspect that anything has gone to online submittal. For me, I would like to have an official announcement. Can your lawyer site the source of his information?

*(-->)  No this is wrong information. Here is what USCIS says:

"A signature is valid even if the original signature is later photocopied, scanned, faxed, or similarly reproduced. Regardless of how it is transmitted to USCIS, the copy must be of an original document containing a handwritten, ink signature, unless regulations or the form instructions state otherwise. USCIS will not accept signatures created by a typewriter, word processor, stamp, auto-pen, or similar device."

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Outreach/Draft%20Memorandum%20for%20Comment/PED_SignatureRequirementPM.pdf

The required signature is only from the petitioner as it is his/her assets that are in question and requires documentation of his/her ability to support his/her beneficiary.

That is correct :thumbs:

It's not a requirement for the beneficiary to sign the I-134.

The intent to marry letter is only required if asked for within the Embassy's P3 requirements. If it's not on the P3 then do what do will do, so do nothing.

Absolutely correct!

Don't overthink or over do this process. Remember you are only in front of the CO for 5-10 min. Then it's over!

Spot on. thanks!

Advice: KEEP BUSY!!

March 12 2018 - I-129F Sent to USCIS (Dallas) 

March 13 2018 - I-129F Delivered

March 19 2018 – Rec’d TEXT w/receipt #

March 19 2018 – Check Cleared

March 20 2018 - NOA1 Sent out

March 23 2018 - Received hard copy letter of NOA1 (Application in California Processing)

Oct 3 2018 USCIS mailed NOA2

Oct 4 2018 - Approved NOA2  via App (206 days of waiting)

Oct 9 2018  NOA2 Received via mail

Oct 24 2018 NVC Received Case

Oct 25 2018 NVC Case number received

Nov 1 2018 DS-160 Submitted online

Nov 14 2018 Case sent to embassy

Nov 16 2018 Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

Jan 10 2019 Medical exam completed

Jan 15 2019 Interview

Jan 16 2019 Interview Results - status "Issued"

Jan 24 2019 Visa in Hand 

Feb 18 2019 - POE

April 9 2019- Married!!!

April 27 2019- AOS Filed / Mailed

April 28 2019- AOS Delivered (Chicago)

May 2 2019 - Rec’d TEXT w/receipt # for AOS, EAD, & Travel / (NOA 1)

Nov 14 2019 - EAD & AP Approved

Nov 18 2019 - Card Mailed

Nov 21 2019 - Combo Card Rec'd

Jan 30 2020 - Green Card Interview

Jan 30 2020 - Card Approved and in Production

Feb 6 2020 - Greencard Rec'd

Hey 👋🏽 sorry if I have missed this somewhere but i am struggling to find an answer - how long are our intent to marry letters valid for? Is it 6 months then we would a new one for the interview? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

1533667111805.jpg.a766d375123871e78bf70804d29fdbd8.jpgThought I would share this with u march filers. Please don't pay attention to approved or touched cases as this was taken months ago. But, it does show I the total number of petitions filed for ur month in the very last column. 

Just to give u some insite on how many cases there actually are for ur month...

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Hi guys i actually called uscis today just to hear something and i got transfered to a tier 2 rep. 

He told me that my fiancé’s background check or security check  was cleared and That he should be getting a visa withing 90-100 days if interview goes well those were his exact words .

so my questions  are does anyone know what happends after background check is cleared ?  How long till i hear something ?

and also he sounded sure that i would get approved since he said he should be getting visa withing the days i mentioned above 🤔 does that sound right? Does that mean i well be approved 🤭

Please , help 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Catheryne said:

Hi guys i actually called uscis today just to hear something and i got transfered to a tier 2 rep. 

He told me that my fiancé’s background check or security check  was cleared and That he should be getting a visa withing 90-100 days if interview goes well those were his exact words .

so my questions  are does anyone know what happends after background check is cleared ?  How long till i hear something ?

and also he sounded sure that i would get approved since he said he should be getting visa withing the days i mentioned above 🤔 does that sound right? Does that mean i well be approved 🤭

Please , help 

no one can help but it sounds like an NOA2 is headed your way :) the packet will be sent to NVC and then to the consulate.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Please , help 

Take it with a grain of salt. It was nice of the Tier 2 rep to share that with you, but until you have that NOA2 in your hands, do not start making plans. There's no way to estimate how long it will take until you hear something next, and there's no way to know that you are approved until you absolutely have the approval - in hand. However, it's good news. :)

3 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

Take it with a grain of salt. It was nice of the Tier 2 rep to share that with you, but until you have that NOA2 in your hands, do not start making plans. There's no way to estimate how long it will take until you hear something next, and there's no way to know that you are approved until you absolutely have the approval - in hand. However, it's good news. :)

Iknow . I well not do anything until i get approved . Just wanted to hear everyones opinion and see if this has happend to anyone . But yes its good news hopefully we all get approved by sep. 

Iknow . I well not do anything until i get approved . Just wanted to hear everyones opinion and see if this has happend to anyone . But yes its good news hopefully we all get approved by sep. 

I remember when I was having a particularly hard time with waiting I got a tier 2 officer. He was so kind to me and reminded me that my case was low fraud and that he could tell how absolutely sad I was that my fiance (now husband) was so far from me. He wished me luck and told me he couldn't see any roadblocks in our way.

I think we got approved about three weeks later.

The waiting sucks so, so much. I hope you guys all get approved soon. I do not miss the agony of waiting.

Hi dear Marchibrosssss!!!! 

USCIS is starting to work with february!!! u are closer !!!

Yay!! hopefully they will speed up someday soon...hopefully....

04/04/18  - Mailed I-129F

04/06/18 -  NOA1 notice date email/text

10/18/18 -  RFE notification

10/22/18 -  RFE received in mail

11/01/18 -  RFE sent to USCIS

11/06/18 -  RFE received by USCIS

11/14/18 -  NOA2

11/27/18 - NVC Received

12/12/18 - NVC Case number

01/8/19 - Scheduled interview-APPROVED

01/21/19 - POE! 

Your absence has not taught me how to be alone; it has merely shown me that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall.

Ky-G team ❤️

When you walk awayI count the steps that you take

age.png

Timeline
2 hours ago, Catheryne said:

Please , help 

90 to 100 days seems a bit far out. They should start with March filers in 4weeks. Needless to say there only only be a few hand full the first week as it will slow ramp up from there....

hold on guys it’s about to get fun for u..🤪

event.png

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

Timeline
On 8/8/2018 at 7:42 PM, Nicola and Jordan said:

Hey 👋🏽 sorry if I have missed this somewhere but i am struggling to find an answer - how long are our intent to marry letters valid for? Is it 6 months then we would a new one for the interview? 

It’s best to have a new letter of intent to marry for interview. Wheather it’s a new one or same one just signed and dated closer to interview date. 

event.png

3 hours ago, Jaquelly said:

I remember when I was having a particularly hard time with waiting I got a tier 2 officer. He was so kind to me and reminded me that my case was low fraud and that he could tell how absolutely sad I was that my fiance (now husband) was so far from me. He wished me luck and told me he couldn't see any roadblocks in our way.

I think we got approved about three weeks later.

The waiting sucks so, so much. I hope you guys all get approved soon. I do not miss the agony of waiting.

I hope we get lucky soon

1 hour ago, BJ & Christine said:

90 to 100 days seems a bit far out. They should start with March filers in 4weeks. Needless to say there only only be a few hand full the first week as it will slow ramp up from there....

hold on guys it’s about to get fun for u..🤪

Iknow . But once im approved its fine i wont be so impatient lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.