pontof

March 2018 I-129f Filers

2,295 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Hirotoyoto said:

hi everyone, 

does anyone know how long will it take for my fiance to come to the US once we get our noa2? 

thanks

Depends on medical and interview time lines. No one can say for sure. Depends on how quickly they can get appointments.

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Hirotoyoto said:

hi everyone, 

does anyone know how long will it take for my fiance to come to the US once we get our noa2? 

thanks

After you receive your NOA2 it really can vary on how long it takes after that for the rest of the process. From my understanding from speaking with my lawyer-- once you receive the NOA2 you will receive a list of what paperwork the NVC requires of you (police records, evidence, etc.). Even after they receive your paperwork it has been taking longer than it used to before it goes on to the next step of the process (usually around 8 + weeks at this time). Then it gets sent off to your fiancee's embassy and then they will contact them with the next steps such as getting a doctor's appointment, setting an appointment time for the interview... This is definitely where it completely varies on  your fiancees specific country (embassy). Sometimes interview appointments are not available for a month or more. Once they go to their interview, if approved, it can then take another couple weeks to receive their visa to be able to leave. Overall my understanding is you should atleast account for another 3 months or more after receiving your NOA2 until the process is finished. But there is not guarantee and things consistently changing with how long its taking to process. Hope this helps. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Rayapig said:

After you receive your NOA2 it really can vary on how long it takes after that for the rest of the process. From my understanding from speaking with my lawyer-- once you receive the NOA2 you will receive a list of what paperwork the NVC requires of you (police records, evidence, etc.). Even after they receive your paperwork it has been taking longer than it used to before it goes on to the next step of the process (usually around 8 + weeks at this time). Then it gets sent off to your fiancee's embassy and then they will contact them with the next steps such as getting a doctor's appointment, setting an appointment time for the interview... This is definitely where it completely varies on  your fiancees specific country (embassy). Sometimes interview appointments are not available for a month or more. Once they go to their interview, if approved, it can then take another couple weeks to receive their visa to be able to leave. Overall my understanding is you should atleast account for another 3 months or more after receiving your NOA2 until the process is finished. But there is not guarantee and things consistently changing with how long its taking to process. Hope this helps. 

Hi,

At NVC stage nothing is required to do neither from Petitioner nor beneficial. They just go thru screen process, and forward all the info to embassy. Then the embassy send to BENEFICIAL what is required. Police records, shots, evidence, Lung X-ray, medical check, DS-160 (?), payment, Affidavit of support from Petitioner. 

I'm having to plans at the moment and neither of them are definite. One is since our embassy is rather empty all the time, it shouldn't take too long to get all sorted in that sense hopefully Late Oct, Early november she'll be here. Plan B December or Jan. When i won green card, from the receive of the letter,  next day went to get all required shot, 2 days later went to medical check up, 3 days later went to embassy for an interview, and got my visa in 3 days again. So i hope it is still the same back there. I guess we're lucky atleast in this step.

Stop checking times, timelines, processing times and planning. NOTHING is definite and NOTHING is guaranteed. Many people on this thread pointed this out many times already. if it says 5-7months. 20% will get it in 5months, 30% will get it in 6mo, remainder either at or around 7month mark or even later, THATS HOW I LOOK at it. No other way. I got lucky with N400 when my case was processed 3months earlier than anticipated, but i wasn't sitting or hoping for that, just happened. Nothing from filing is in our control, so why stress over it?

Wedding planning is impossible with K-1, unless You do minor church/city hall thing. Want to have a massive wedding? CR-1 is way to go. 
Maybe im being harsh, but at the same time im not trying to sugarcoat it, and im being painfully honest. That's all i learned from dealing with USCIS. PATIENCE and no anticipation. Lets be thankful that WE CAN do it, instead of crying and drooling over how long it takes. 
Best,

P.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Rayapig said:

hi thanks for the reply. so once we get the noa2 the nvc will ask me (the petitioner) for more paperwork?

Timeline
12 minutes ago, PaulMac said:

Hi,

At NVC stage nothing is required to do neither from Petitioner nor beneficial. They just go thru screen process, and forward all the info to embassy. Then the embassy send to BENEFICIAL what is required. Police records, shots, evidence, Lung X-ray, medical check, DS-160 (?), payment, Affidavit of support from Petitioner. 

I'm having to plans at the moment and neither of them are definite. One is since our embassy is rather empty all the time, it shouldn't take too long to get all sorted in that sense hopefully Late Oct, Early november she'll be here. Plan B December or Jan. When i won green card, from the receive of the letter,  next day went to get all required shot, 2 days later went to medical check up, 3 days later went to embassy for an interview, and got my visa in 3 days again. So i hope it is still the same back there. I guess we're lucky atleast in this step.

Stop checking times, timelines, processing times and planning. NOTHING is definite and NOTHING is guaranteed. Many people on this thread pointed this out many times already. if it says 5-7months. 20% will get it in 5months, 30% will get it in 6mo, remainder either at or around 7month mark or even later, THATS HOW I LOOK at it. No other way. I got lucky with N400 when my case was processed 3months earlier than anticipated, but i wasn't sitting or hoping for that, just happened. Nothing from filing is in our control, so why stress over it?

Wedding planning is impossible with K-1, unless You do minor church/city hall thing. Want to have a massive wedding? CR-1 is way to go. 
Maybe im being harsh, but at the same time im not trying to sugarcoat it, and im being painfully honest. That's all i learned from dealing with USCIS. PATIENCE and no anticipation. Lets be thankful that WE CAN do it, instead of crying and drooling over how long it takes. 
Best,

P.

hi, 

so i the petitioner have to file an affidavit support form for my fiance?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Hirotoyoto said:

hi, 

so i the petitioner have to file an affidavit support form for my fiance?

Yes, beneficial will have to take it to the interview in the embassy. USC has to fill it out, include a bunch of other stuff like tax returns, pay stubs, letter from employer to prove that petitioner can support the beneficial, and beneficial wont become a public charge.

Edited by PaulMac

Timeline
49 minutes ago, PaulMac said:

Hi,

Best,

P.

Not sure if all of this was referring to me-- or the post I was responding to. But that is my advice as well is to sit back and relax because there's no definite timelines. Maybe I misunderstood part of the process when its at the NVC. However it is still taking longer at that stage, like I said 8 weeks to just sit there. So it definitely has increased from what it used to be. So that's why I was explaining that stage has been adding more time to people than it used to and we should account for that as a possibility rather than skipping that part and counting on how long its with the embassy. And as for my fiancee's embassy in Ethiopia on average its taking over a month to get an interview. So you definitely are lucky in that aspect. 

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Hirotoyoto said:

hi thanks for the reply. so once we get the noa2 the nvc will ask me (the petitioner) for more paperwork?

Correct. There is actually a list on the USCIS website that gives you an idea of what they will be asking for. But I would definitely wait until you get your approval and wait for your letter for them to tell you exactly what they need. But as far as I know you will be sending his/her police record and an affadivit of support amongst other paperwork. And the Affadvit of support you will be showing your income is a certain amount above the poverty line-- you can find that online too with the specifics on what that amount is. And they will request you submit official tax statements from previous years. Basically the government does not want your fiancee to become a liability where they are paying to support them so they need to make sure you can financially support him/her. If you want more details there are plenty of websites including the official USCIS website to walk you through this and see what your next steps will be. 

Timeline
On 7/10/2018 at 4:20 PM, BrianC said:

http://harveysollano.com/USCIS/uscisScanSummary.aspx

looks like 4 january approvals so at least two months for us.  Luckily the case load is normal or a little less for january and february.

Hi! I'm a March filler I think, (NOA1 paper says Feb 26 but new USCIS site shows March 2).

May I ask what is that link and where does it gets the information? Is it accurate? (I know nothing is 100% accurate but... to have an idea. Thank you!

NOA 1 *NEW* USCIS website: March 01, 2018

RFE USCIS website: September 26, 2018

RFE Hard copy: October 01, 2018

RFE Response Sent:  October 10, 2018

RFE Received by USCIS:  October 16, 2018

NOA2!!!!! *NEW* USCIS website: November 2, 2018

NVC Received: November 14, 2018

NVC Case Number: November 29, 2018

NVC In Transit: December 11, 2018

NVC Ready: December 13, 2018

Medical: February 18, 2019

CAS (Biometrics): February 19, 2019

Interview: February 20, 2019 - APPROVED!

CEAC Issued: Februery 27, 2019

VOH: March 12, 2019

POE: March 23, 2019

Marriage: May 10, 2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I think you have to take the link as a small sampling of cases in the system and just use it as a indicator of all cases.  With the new uscis computer system i do not think anyone has access to the new system except uscis.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

http://www.lovevisalife.com/2017/12/speed-k1-fiance-visa-post-uscis/

there has been conversations that you are at the mercy of the system that you should just sit back and wait.  This is not true.  Prepare now for when you get approval for Noa1.  You can speed up the process somewhat.  Everyone should read the attached link to understand and be ready to move your visa along.  You can shave some time off once you. Get the initial approval and not delay the process.

Hello,

I have a question about needing a co-sponsor. I have been a PhD student with a minimal income the past few years as I worked on my thesis in Argentina. I have been living in Buenos Aires with my fiance (and now our baby) all of this time - seven years to be exact. We are moving to the USA because I received a tenure track position at San Diego State University. At the time of applying for the K1, all I had was the contract from the university and a signed letter stating my position, salary, etc. By the time our paperwork is sent to NVC and on to the embassy, however, I will  have been working at SDSU a few months (with pay stubs to prove my income). My income taxes of 2017 reflect my graduate student salary (and time off to have our baby), which does not meet the required amount. My current salary, while still new, does. Any thoughts?  I wonder if I will still need a co-sponsor?

Edited by LeeO

Timeline
3 hours ago, LeeO said:

Hello,

I have a question about needing a co-sponsor. I have been a PhD student with a minimal income the past few years as I worked on my thesis in Argentina. I have been living in Buenos Aires with my fiance (and now our baby) all of this time - seven years to be exact. We are moving to the USA because I received a tenure track position at San Diego State University. At the time of applying for the K1, all I had was the contract from the university and a signed letter stating my position, salary, etc. By the time our paperwork is sent to NVC and on to the embassy, however, I will  have been working at SDSU a few months (with pay stubs to prove my income). My income taxes of 2017 reflect my graduate student salary (and time off to have our baby), which does not meet the required amount. My current salary, while still new, does. Any thoughts?  I wonder if I will still need a co-sponsor?

As long as ur current income proves ur above the minimal u should be ok. Get a letter from the university to show salary and have pay stubs.

event.png

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

Timeline
29 minutes ago, G C said:

Hello! Quick question: how do I know that our case had been transferred or not? Saw that in one thread, most, if not all, cases are transferred from TSC to CSC. We got our NOA1 on March 8.

Thanks!!

All cases go to tsc. This is where they r collected and payment is accepted Andy processed. It’s then sent “not transferred” to csc. Csc does majority of k1 visas anymore. Vermont does special cases only. 

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.