pontof

March 2018 I-129f Filers

2,295 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
4 hours ago, Mike&Dani said:

I agree, it is very frustrating and disappointing to see that date slip further and further back. I have decided to stop checking it as often. Or at all now. I was doing it almost daily to see any change. It was creeping up a day or two at first but now is slipping back more and more. So, I figured I would save myself that torture of checking it too often and just stop checking it at all. We know it is coming. No sense driving myself crazy worrying about what date or dates it may come. Instead, I am focusing on other things. Practicing the bass guitar some or working on a work from home venture I'm diving into. That has been eating up more of my time and focus lately. In a good way. I know many have said it and will say it, try to find other things to focus on instead. Avoid clicking that My Timeline link and torturing yourself with looking at those dates. It will come.

Indeed. I've already decided it's useless to look at the timeline/date. I've gone from late of September to mid September back to late September. I figure it'll continue to fluctuate like that so I'm going to save myself the headache and just start checking when we closer to September. I doubt we'll see any major shift to earlier dates than what was estimated when we received our NOA1. If we do, bonus! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, BananaButton5 said:

I was thinking today, and I realized I'm not sure if I submitted my application with a long form birth certificate. I know a lot of people get RFE's if they send a short form. After googling what a long form looks like, I'm thinking the one I sent is short form-- although mine does list the state of birth of my parents. After some more research, I figured out that not all states issue long form birth certificates at all, so in that situation  USCIS will accept a short form....however, I can't seem to be able to figure out if my state (Missouri) has long form birth certificates or not. Oy, I hope they just approve it with the version I gave....but  I'm going to attempt to track down a long form version of mine (if it even exists) just in case I get an RFE for it. 

I can't help with Missouri but I know Virginia doesn't have a long form. At least I assume so because when I ordered a duplicate (I sent my only original to my fiance), the third party site VA uses (https://www.vitalchek.com/order_main.aspx?eventtype=birth#) to order birth certificates asked the purpose of the certificate. I chose immigration and they sent me one with identical information to my original which was just the very basics of birthday, parents and their ages, and birth place (so I assume it's the short form). 

Maybe you can just order a spare and see what they send you :-) 

Timeline
1 hour ago, BananaButton5 said:

I was thinking today, and I realized I'm not sure if I submitted my application with a long form birth certificate. I know a lot of people get RFE's if they send a short form. After googling what a long form looks like, I'm thinking the one I sent is short form-- although mine does list the state of birth of my parents. After some more research, I figured out that not all states issue long form birth certificates at all, so in that situation  USCIS will accept a short form....however, I can't seem to be able to figure out if my state (Missouri) has long form birth certificates or not. Oy, I hope they just approve it with the version I gave....but  I'm going to attempt to track down a long form version of mine (if it even exists) just in case I get an RFE for it. 

But now that you mention this, I'm second guessing so will do some research just in case I should have in one in case of a RFE. I know we already have a long form for my fiancé's birth certificate.

Edited by Alan&Alex

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Alan&Alex said:

But now that you mention this, I'm second guessing so will do some research just in case I should have in one in case of a RFE. I know we already have a long form for my fiancé's birth certificate.

I just called Virginia's Division of Vital Records and they said that they do not support long forms through VitalChek (despite VitalChek saying they do) but I can request one through their office. 😢I now live in Texas so will have to mail order it. Bummer. Well, who knows the turn around so guess I'll get one ordered just in case. Should have called their office to start with rather than just going through their website. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you have a passport, there is no need for the petitioner to send their birth certificate (if i remember correctly) they need to verify your citizenship, and either document does that. Now, Im paranoid, but i sent both my passport and my birth certificate. I dont believe california (where i was born) or NC (where my kids were born) have long forms, as the ones ive gotten are always one page and pretty much have the 'usual' info. could be wrong, but ive never seen or heard of it another way for either state.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, debbiedoo said:

If you have a passport, there is no need for the petitioner to send their birth certificate (if i remember correctly) they need to verify your citizenship, and either document does that. Now, Im paranoid, but i sent both my passport and my birth certificate. I dont believe california (where i was born) or NC (where my kids were born) have long forms, as the ones ive gotten are always one page and pretty much have the 'usual' info. could be wrong, but ive never seen or heard of it another way for either state.

I'm almost certain you need both passport and birth certificate. 

AOS/EAD/AP Filed: April 5, 2019 
NOA 1: April 12, 2019
Biometrics Appointment: May 8, 2019
RFIE Rec'd: June 21, 2019 - Request for long form birth certificate

RFIE Reply Sent: July 16, 2019
AOS Interview Date: October 3, 2019, APPROVED 

Green card Received: October 10, 2019

i-751 Filed: September 21, 2021

Timeline
Just now, BananaButton5 said:

At least for the application, the guide says one or the other http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Copy of the Birth certificate (front and back) for the US Citizen or a copy of ALL pages of the US Citizen's passport issued with a validity of at least 5 years or a copy of the US Citizen's naturalization certificate (front and back). This is used to establish citizenship.

I feel like if the long form was such a big deal for the petitioner, the guide would have emphasized that. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Alan&Alex said:

At least for the application, the guide says one or the other http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Well that's good to know! I sent both so maybe they won't send and RFE for the birth certificate, LOL. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, BananaButton5 said:

could be. as i said, i dont recall. but i sent both cause ... paranoia. LOLOLOL

just looked it up out of curiosity per the instructions for the 129f ...

Evidence of U.S. citizenship which may include any of the following:
A.
A copy of your birth certificate issued by a U.S. civil authority;
B.
A copy of your original Certificate of Naturalization;
C.
A copy of your original Certificate of Citizenship;
D.
A copy of your Form FS-240, Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States;
E.
A copy of your valid, unexpired U.S. passport or passport card issued with a validity period of at least five years;
or
F.
A statement executed by a U.S. consular officer certifying that you are a U.S. citizen and the bearer of a currently
valid U.S. passport.

key words in the instructions 'may include ANY' - so they accept ANY of them

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 6/15/2018 at 1:59 PM, BananaButton5 said:

Well that's good to know! I sent both so maybe they won't send and RFE for the birth certificate, LOL. 

A passport is the only proof you will need for proof of US Citizenship and in my opinion it is a better proof then the birth certificate.  You can send both but i only sent the passport as i work with the US Government and this is widely accepted.  However if i just had just sent my birth certificate i would consider also sending my passport copy just to seal the deal.  The passport is the official way to go.  

In other news my date has started moving closer again !!!!! i went from the 18th of october to the 14th.  I am sure the rest of you also have seen similar results.  Were back on track.  

6 hours ago, Bunnypio said:

A passport is the only proof you will need for proof of US Citizenship and in my opinion it is a better proof then the birth certificate.  You can send both but i only sent the passport as i work with the US Government and this is widely accepted.  However if i just had just sent my birth certificate i would consider also sending my passport copy just to seal the deal.  The passport is the official way to go.  

In other news my date has started moving closer again !!!!! i went from the 18th of october to the 14th.  I am sure the rest of you also have seen similar results.  Were back on track.  

You are right, dates are starting to move back down, also I have since started to use this time to just relax and get ready for our NOA2 within the next couple of months.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Olisant said:

Today makes it 90 days since they received our case I feel close to my love every day that goes by. 

Day 107! So happy to hopefully be a bit past halfway mark! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Ok i checked the old website the first 3 months of the fiscal year oct-dec uscis was at 6.6 months processing time now for oct -march they are at 7.7 months.  I truthfully expected it to go the other way since last year it was 3-4 months and the new rules should not have slowed them down that much.  Looks like they are using the new rules as a reason to slack off and not meet their number or having difficulty with using the new system efficiently.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

@BananaButton5 I hear ya loud and clear. Keep busy my friends, and stay positive. The approvals are coming!

Edited by flimflam
forgot to add member name

Advice: KEEP BUSY!!

March 12 2018 - I-129F Sent to USCIS (Dallas) 

March 13 2018 - I-129F Delivered

March 19 2018 – Rec’d TEXT w/receipt #

March 19 2018 – Check Cleared

March 20 2018 - NOA1 Sent out

March 23 2018 - Received hard copy letter of NOA1 (Application in California Processing)

Oct 3 2018 USCIS mailed NOA2

Oct 4 2018 - Approved NOA2  via App (206 days of waiting)

Oct 9 2018  NOA2 Received via mail

Oct 24 2018 NVC Received Case

Oct 25 2018 NVC Case number received

Nov 1 2018 DS-160 Submitted online

Nov 14 2018 Case sent to embassy

Nov 16 2018 Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

Jan 10 2019 Medical exam completed

Jan 15 2019 Interview

Jan 16 2019 Interview Results - status "Issued"

Jan 24 2019 Visa in Hand 

Feb 18 2019 - POE

April 9 2019- Married!!!

April 27 2019- AOS Filed / Mailed

April 28 2019- AOS Delivered (Chicago)

May 2 2019 - Rec’d TEXT w/receipt # for AOS, EAD, & Travel / (NOA 1)

Nov 14 2019 - EAD & AP Approved

Nov 18 2019 - Card Mailed

Nov 21 2019 - Combo Card Rec'd

Jan 30 2020 - Green Card Interview

Jan 30 2020 - Card Approved and in Production

Feb 6 2020 - Greencard Rec'd

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.