pontof

March 2018 I-129f Filers

2,295 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
On 5/31/2018 at 12:36 PM, <3T&M<3 said:

March doesn't have more filers than summer and fall :) November through February (give or take a couple weeks) is usually lowest amount of filers

March has a lot more filers (4372 filers )than any summer or fall month had (average of 3500), it is pretty close to what we called monstrous back last year when May filers were going (May 2017 had about 4500 filers). It has been posted on page 13 at the start of the month.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, Naes said:

March has a lot more filers (4372 filers )than any summer or fall month had (average of 3500), it is pretty close to what we called monstrous back last year when May filers were going (May 2017 had about 4500 filers). It has been posted on page 13 at the start of the month.  

but i still ask you  where you was find this number ?? 4372 filers ????

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Rani32 said:

but i still ask you  where you was find this number ?? 4372 filers ????

Because I already gathered all cases from March and this was posted on page 13....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
9 hours ago, Naes said:

I misspoke. I am going off quarterly fiscal reports. For the last five consecutive years, either 1st or 4th quarters (October - December or January - March) have the lowest number of K-1 petitions of the year. Lower than quarters 2 and 3 (April - June and July - September).

Therefore, what I mean to say is that October through March should not - in good theory - add to the backlog or make things worse as far as we go by quarters.

Edited by <3T&M<3

NOA1 New Site: March 6th, 2018

NOA2: Sept 12th, 2018

Case # available as well as case leaving NVC both on Oct 1st, 2018

Embassy received on Oct 2nd, 2018

Medical Appointment Oct 12th, 2018

Interview at Ankara Embassy on Oct 22nd, 2018 - APPROVED!

POE San Fransisco on Dec 1st, 2018

Married Dec 10th, 2018

NOA for I-485/765/131 Feb 1st, 2019

Interview for I-485 June 19th, 2019 - APPROVED! (Interview was before we received Work Auth Card!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Kinda panicking. I met my fiance on tinder 4 years ago and started dating him after we met up the same day we matched. We didn't mention that in the application, because it was such a minor thing to us. We just wrote that we met during a trip overseas and stayed in touch etc, and did not specify how exactly we met during that trip. Is it likely that we will get an RFE asking for more info? Also attached 3 good photos of us together and boarding passes. 

~ 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

So my fiancé came to visit me! Thought I'd share the airport experience.

We have a number of events over June and July so decided to risk a 3 month stay. I know it's not recommended but we thought what's the worst that could happen, right? He'd be turned away and we still wait. (He already had a B2/tourist good through 2020).

Anyway, of course he was pulled into an interview at the airport which left me waiting over 2 and half hours for him. I was starting to worry they weren't going to let him contact me and just send him back. But he finally came through and we rejoiced! 

He had our itineraries of the trips for over the summer (plane itineraries, tickets, etc). He was of course honest with them from the beginning that he was visiting me, his fiancé, for the summer. The first agent was going to cut his trip down to 1 week because he was just being an ###. What really pissed me off is the agent started joking with his co-worker in front of Alex, calling him an idiot, fool, and someone looking for a "sugar daddy." I wish he remembered the guys' name as I'd do everything I could to report him. I don't know what accountability immigration agents have but, that's just uncalled for, rude, and incredibly unprofessional. The guy continued to laugh and call Alex names while Alex talked to the supervisor. The supervisor heard it all but pretended to ignore it. Whether the other agent's unprofessional comments affected the supervisor's decision or not, we don't know, but he allowed Alex to stay for 2 months (cut a month off). Alex asked him if the K1 visa affected things, if he shouldn't come back until it's all done, if he could come back, or what was the supervisors advice? The supervisor told him that they don't care about the K1, they don't care about the length of time, where he's staying, or his itinerary. The only thing they care about is that he has enough cash on hand proportional to the amount of time he's staying. That could very well just be how they operate at the Houston airport or maybe the supervisor was just making it up, I don't know. But that was our experience.

In the meantime, we're thankful to be enjoying the two months given to us! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Alan&Alex said:

We have a number of events over June and July so decided to risk a 3 month stay. I know it's not recommended but we thought what's the worst that could happen, right? He'd be turned away and we still wait. (He already had a B2/tourist good through 2020).

Anyway, of course he was pulled into an interview at the airport which left me waiting over 2 and half hours for him. I was starting to worry they weren't going to let him contact me and just send him back. But he finally came through and we rejoiced! 

He had our itineraries of the trips for over the summer (plane itineraries, tickets, etc). He was of course honest with them from the beginning that he was visiting me, his fiancé, for the summer. The first agent was going to cut his trip down to 1 week because he was just being an ###. What really pissed me off is the agent started joking with his co-worker in front of Alex, calling him an idiot, fool, and someone looking for a "sugar daddy." I wish he remembered the guys' name as I'd do everything I could to report him. I don't know what accountability immigration agents have but, that's just uncalled for, rude, and incredibly unprofessional. The guy continued to laugh and call Alex names while Alex talked to the supervisor. The supervisor heard it all but pretended to ignore it. Whether the other agent's unprofessional comments affected the supervisor's decision or not, we don't know, but he allowed Alex to stay for 2 months (cut a month off). Alex asked him if the K1 visa affected things, if he shouldn't come back until it's all done, if he could come back, or what was the supervisors advice? The supervisor told him that they don't care about the K1, they don't care about the length of time, where he's staying, or his itinerary. The only thing they care about is that he has enough cash on hand proportional to the amount of time he's staying. That could very well just be how they operate at the Houston airport or maybe the supervisor was just making it up, I don't know. But that was our experience.

Wow! That's intense, sounds like that guy should totally be reported.

If anyone is interested in more airport stories here are mine-- my fiance came over for two weeks and they asked him how long his stay was and where he was staying and that was it, they didn't ask about the K1 visa and he didn't mention it either at all. We're a bit worried about the next visit because he booked his ticket to the US, and then he has a separate ticket to return to a different city in his country than the one he lives in (we are visiting his parents together), so it doesn't technically look like a round trip, but he's bringing documentation of his return flight with him just in case they ask him questions about it.

When I visited him there I wasn't asked anything except where I was staying and it was really easy. I can see how they're probably more concerned about long stays like yours. Enjoy your time! My fiance left Friday and even though he's coming back in three weeks I've been devastated and crying for two days straight! The next time he leaves it will be even harder because we won't be seeing each other again until he's moving here after this whole process....it's so hard to know I won't see him for an undetermined amount of time but I'm being thankful I get to seem him at all since I know so many others don't get to. 

AOS/EAD/AP Filed: April 5, 2019 
NOA 1: April 12, 2019
Biometrics Appointment: May 8, 2019
RFIE Rec'd: June 21, 2019 - Request for long form birth certificate

RFIE Reply Sent: July 16, 2019
AOS Interview Date: October 3, 2019, APPROVED 

Green card Received: October 10, 2019

i-751 Filed: September 21, 2021

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Alan&Alex said:

Wow, that's awful. I've been wondering too if our current political environment has been causing overt hostility towards immigrants or if it's always been like that. But when me and my family immigrated to Houston almost 18 years ago, we had no such problems and no such attitudes directed at us.

But I'm glad it worked out and he's able to visit you for 2 months! 

***K-1 Visa***

NOA1:         03/01/18 (old site)

03/06/18 (new site)

NOA2:         09/04/18

Interview:   12/27/18

Visa Rcvd:   01/09/19

POE Date:    01/27/19

Married:       02/22/19

***Adjustment of Status***

Sent:             03/07/19

NOA1:           03/15/19

Biometrics:  04/11/19

Ready:           04/24/19

EAD/AP:        08/20/19

Card Rcvd:    08/26/19

***Removal of Conditions***

Sent:             11/17/21

NOA1:           11/20/21

24-month Extension: Received

48-month Extension: Received

Approval:     02/20/24

***Naturalization***

Sent:             10/05/23

NOA1:           10/05/23

Biometrics:  10/25/23

Interview:     02/12/24

Oath:             03/27/24

============================================

Case Status Online: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello fellow march filers, long time lurker first time poster here...

Just curious as its doing my head in - I received noa1 March 21st. Every time I check USCIS my noa2 date is pushed back another week - right now it’s sitting at Nov 9th 2018. 

I was expecting October (hoping for Sept) so November seems so far away... do other March filers have predicted dates of Nov or is it just me ?!

x

K1 Visa NOA1:  March 2018

K1 Visa NOA2: Sept 2018 

K1 Approved: Nov 2018 (184 days/6 months since NOA1) 

Married 4th Jan 2019 

AOS NOA1: 4th Feb 2019

Biometrics: 25th Feb 2019

AOS interview: Oct 2019 (261 days from NOA1)

EAD/AP NOA1: Feb 2019 

EAD/AP Approved/Rc'd: Aug 2019 (196 days since NOA1) 

2 hours ago, AlicerCooper said:

Just curious as its doing my head in - I received noa1 March 21st. Every time I check USCIS my noa2 date is pushed back another week - right now it’s sitting at Nov 9th 2018. 

I was expecting October (hoping for Sept) so November seems so far away... do other March filers have predicted dates of Nov or is it just me ?!

x

How did u check that my noa1 is 23rd March 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Olisant said:

How did u check that my noa1 is 23rd March 

On the USCIS website !  Under processing times 

K1 Visa NOA1:  March 2018

K1 Visa NOA2: Sept 2018 

K1 Approved: Nov 2018 (184 days/6 months since NOA1) 

Married 4th Jan 2019 

AOS NOA1: 4th Feb 2019

Biometrics: 25th Feb 2019

AOS interview: Oct 2019 (261 days from NOA1)

EAD/AP NOA1: Feb 2019 

EAD/AP Approved/Rc'd: Aug 2019 (196 days since NOA1) 

Timeline

Hi Guys!

Sorry for taking a while, I am trying to closeup my accounts and taxes as I will be leaving Japan in a week (can't believe finally!!!)

I need scanners to come up because I accidentally deleted most of my messages!! Some could have been from volunteers from February to April.

Please PM me if you have been around for a while and understand what these are and how things work. Please know that even though it starts as a fun thing, it is highly time consuming and stressful.

As the new system came out, old system does not really update much. I estimated by comparing USCIS official reports for quarter 1 that we saw 30% of approvals as silent, and recently with the implementation of the new system (new website) it looks like this number is decreasing.

Scans (and case tracker app) are using the old site for reference, therefore the number of cases in the places that we can see, can no longer be considered for a good reference point.

However, the dates are more important than the number of cases we see that has movement in order to guesstimate how far they go, and when the next month can start.

Please use these two websites to check your personal cases:

Old website, same info as apps: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

New website need to log in: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

There are also cases that are totally silent and never get any update, and/or gets updated really late; it is advised to register for USPS informed delivery if your area is covered.

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

Monthly Status:

Explanation:

Excluded: Rejected and withdrawn cases (I just put here for reference - does not matter to you as long as you have your wac number and noa1 receipt)

Virgin: Never been touched (case status never changed from "case was received")

Touched : Any update (Such as RFE, name update, birthdate update etc..)

Approved: (IF YOU ARE SEEING AN APPROVAL ON A MONTH THAT WAS NOT SUPPOSE TO START YET, IT IS HIGHLY LIKELY AN EXPEDITE. I did check... it is... if you want to dream please do so but I just don't want to see anyone get disappointed.)

I am putting from June 2017, because there are still members waiting. However Those Virgin numbers are lower that they seem.

Approved            Virgin        Touched          Excluded       Total

June 17 1951 768 838 484 4041
July 17 1606 986 719 485 3796
Aug 17 1644 1180 755 496 4075
Sep 17 1498 992 751 357 3598
Oct 17 1374 1427 1037 304 4142
Nov 17 646 2069 617 245 3577
Dec 17 12 3184 93 220 3509
Jan 18 3 3291 96 182 3572
Feb 18 5 3527 92 184 3808
Mar 18 1 4015 63 293 4372
Total 8740 21439 5061 3250 38490

image.png.ffa45162760dc090f47d08c12533db60.png

Cases per date - March: 

image.png.9656857dbd2954da8f6593cb5ded696e.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, AlicerCooper said:

x

Wow that's crazy. My NOA1 is March 6th and my timeline is showing Sept 12 (it keeps moving back as well, ugh :() It's just a difference of 15 days and yet your timeline is showing almost a 2-month difference in adjudication? 

I would say that at this point, timelines must have gotten wonky because of the changes to USCIS' tracking and their erratic processing of cases for November (they started processing dates in the middle instead of in the beginning of the month like they normally have done). They haven't started on December in earnest yet but it looks like they might have gone back to processing in chronological order, so here's hoping that they get their act together and we can all breathe a bit easier.

***K-1 Visa***

NOA1:         03/01/18 (old site)

03/06/18 (new site)

NOA2:         09/04/18

Interview:   12/27/18

Visa Rcvd:   01/09/19

POE Date:    01/27/19

Married:       02/22/19

***Adjustment of Status***

Sent:             03/07/19

NOA1:           03/15/19

Biometrics:  04/11/19

Ready:           04/24/19

EAD/AP:        08/20/19

Card Rcvd:    08/26/19

***Removal of Conditions***

Sent:             11/17/21

NOA1:           11/20/21

24-month Extension: Received

48-month Extension: Received

Approval:     02/20/24

***Naturalization***

Sent:             10/05/23

NOA1:           10/05/23

Biometrics:  10/25/23

Interview:     02/12/24

Oath:             03/27/24

============================================

Case Status Online: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

We are truly in the doldrums. The excitement of the NOA1 has worn off, and we're not even halfway through our wait for the NOA2.

The only silver lining I can find is that I love the summer time and get so depressed when the first autumn chill hits the air, but this year I will be happy because that means the NOA2 should be coming soon.

Good luck everyone! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.