pontof

March 2018 I-129f Filers

2,295 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Alan&Alex said:

Isn't the timelines and estimates here based on data VisaJourney members add to their own timelines? 

Yeah, that's true, I guess I was just thinking that a silent NOA2 might potentially add on two weeks to someone updating their timeline though, with mailing times and such-- I could be wrong, just trying to stay positive and hope that it turns back around the other way. 

AOS/EAD/AP Filed: April 5, 2019 
NOA 1: April 12, 2019
Biometrics Appointment: May 8, 2019
RFIE Rec'd: June 21, 2019 - Request for long form birth certificate

RFIE Reply Sent: July 16, 2019
AOS Interview Date: October 3, 2019, APPROVED 

Green card Received: October 10, 2019

i-751 Filed: September 21, 2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So the old site says my petition was received on February 26th and the new site says March 1st. It was originally sent February 5th but sent back because I stupidly sent the wrong payment amount! (Still kicking myself) so I’m in March and in February not too sure where I belong except in my hubbys arms which seems so far away right now!!! It is only a few months away but feels like a lifetime!! This ####### sucks and I’m in a constant state of pain and longing. Wedding planning in order to maintain my sanity and distract myself but also praying he is here in time for the set wedding date!! All of my vendors and venue have agreed to adjust our date accordingly depending on his date of arrival so we are just playing the waiting game with all of you...painfully 😢😢 don’t they know this packets are people’s lives and they should work a bit faster to get these approvals processed? 

I-129F Sent Feb 6, 2018

I-129F Sent back due to fee error Feb 19, 2018

I-129-F Sent again February 20, 2018

NOA1 Received February 26, 2018 (Old Site)

NOA1 Received March 1, 2018 (New Site)

Check Cashed March 2, 2018

NOA2 August 31, 2018

NVC September 18, 2018

Interview......February 7, 2019

Visa In Hand......February 14, 2019

POE.......February 28, 2019

Wedding Date March 6, 2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
9 hours ago, crono_clone said:

Yeah it's been making me worried, especially since our month has a lot more filers compared to previous months.

I'm hoping that these are just hiccups with USCIS having had to switch to a new case tracking system, and that there are actually more approvals that they just hadn't been consistently updating or tracking.

March doesn't have more filers than summer and fall :) November through February (give or take a couple weeks) is usually lowest amount of filers

NOA1 New Site: March 6th, 2018

NOA2: Sept 12th, 2018

Case # available as well as case leaving NVC both on Oct 1st, 2018

Embassy received on Oct 2nd, 2018

Medical Appointment Oct 12th, 2018

Interview at Ankara Embassy on Oct 22nd, 2018 - APPROVED!

POE San Fransisco on Dec 1st, 2018

Married Dec 10th, 2018

NOA for I-485/765/131 Feb 1st, 2019

Interview for I-485 June 19th, 2019 - APPROVED! (Interview was before we received Work Auth Card!)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, ObiChe said:

So the old site says my petition was received on February 26th and the new site says March 1st. It was originally sent February 5th but sent back because I stupidly sent the wrong payment amount! (Still kicking myself) so I’m in March and in February not too sure where I belong except in my hubbys arms which seems so far away right now!!! It is only a few months away but feels like a lifetime!! This ####### sucks and I’m in a constant state of pain and longing. Wedding planning in order to maintain my sanity and distract myself but also praying he is here in time for the set wedding date!! All of my vendors and venue have agreed to adjust our date accordingly depending on his date of arrival so we are just playing the waiting game with all of you...painfully 😢😢 don’t they know this packets are people’s lives and they should work a bit faster to get these approvals processed? 

Yeah, the wait is the hardest part :(

It's nice that your vendors and venue are willing to be flexible with you on the wedding date! Most people on here recommend not setting a date, given how moody USCIS seems with their approvals. 

***K-1 Visa***

NOA1:         03/01/18 (old site)

03/06/18 (new site)

NOA2:         09/04/18

Interview:   12/27/18

Visa Rcvd:   01/09/19

POE Date:    01/27/19

Married:       02/22/19

***Adjustment of Status***

Sent:             03/07/19

NOA1:           03/15/19

Biometrics:  04/11/19

Ready:           04/24/19

EAD/AP:        08/20/19

Card Rcvd:    08/26/19

***Removal of Conditions***

Sent:             11/17/21

NOA1:           11/20/21

24-month Extension: Received

48-month Extension: Received

Approval:     02/20/24

***Naturalization***

Sent:             10/05/23

NOA1:           10/05/23

Biometrics:  10/25/23

Interview:     02/12/24

Oath:             03/27/24

============================================

Case Status Online: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus

9 hours ago, ObiChe said:

I'm curious, your not planning to marry in Nigeria are you?

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

This waiting is the worse but not much we can do! In the meantime I’m throwing myself into my work also I’m trying to lose weight and get fit so that takes up a lot of my time. My fiancé (USC) and I have a great call schedule during the week it’s during our breaks and lunches when we can, then whenever at the weekends sometimes we just chill watching TV whilst on the phone and not talking just relaxing with each other as much as possible then FaceTime every Sunday evening :) . He’s coming back over here in July and I can’t wait!! We are just having a small court house wedding then once things settle we will have a bigger ceremony for friends and family. 

Stay strong fellow Marchers!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
13 hours ago, ObiChe said:

Not to discourage you my dear but this is the first note about this process-
Don't pay for anything until you have your Visa in hand.
We have seen people lose thousands of dollars to wedding planning and vendors.

There are MANY places in this process where there can be delays.

Even being approved for an interview can add additional weeks/months if you end up in AP.

So be careful.
I know it's terrible to "not plan" a wedding but I would really caution against anything until at least NOA2- with the kind of fluctuating timelines we're seeing these days. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tanzania
Timeline
On 31/05/2018 at 10:03 AM, ObiChe said:

Aww, I can totally feel ya girl, I only saw him last year in feb, we haven’t met for over an year :( but we talk despite of the time differences. 

NOA1: 02/26/2018 (old website)

NOA1: 03/01/2018 (new website)

RFE issued 09/19/2018 - waiting for the hard copy 

Finally Recieved a faxed copy of the RFE 10/22/2018 

sent the faxed RFE copy 10/29/2018 

Received a hard copy in the mail 10/30/2018 

NOA2: 11/06/2018 😃💃💃💃

Received an email from NVC about receiving the case Recently. 11/15/2018

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
17 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

I'm curious, your not planning to marry in Nigeria are you?

Of course not. Neither of us is in Nigeria right now, but we wouldn't be filing K-1 if we were panning to marry outside the US yea? LOL. 

I-129F Sent Feb 6, 2018

I-129F Sent back due to fee error Feb 19, 2018

I-129-F Sent again February 20, 2018

NOA1 Received February 26, 2018 (Old Site)

NOA1 Received March 1, 2018 (New Site)

Check Cashed March 2, 2018

NOA2 August 31, 2018

NVC September 18, 2018

Interview......February 7, 2019

Visa In Hand......February 14, 2019

POE.......February 28, 2019

Wedding Date March 6, 2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tanzania
Timeline

Just a question guys, which one is the new site? 

NOA1: 02/26/2018 (old website)

NOA1: 03/01/2018 (new website)

RFE issued 09/19/2018 - waiting for the hard copy 

Finally Recieved a faxed copy of the RFE 10/22/2018 

sent the faxed RFE copy 10/29/2018 

Received a hard copy in the mail 10/30/2018 

NOA2: 11/06/2018 😃💃💃💃

Received an email from NVC about receiving the case Recently. 11/15/2018

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
On 5/6/2018 at 2:19 PM, Daniel P said:

Charts to compare July, August, September and October regarding the length of time from Received to Approved (as to 05/06/2018).

As a reminder, in the charts below I try to compare what happened within the next 187 days after the last day of July, August, September and October received cases. In order to see them clearer I put them together in pairs.

In that time, with a total of 596, 849, 923 and 1038 approved cases respectively:

• July had a global mean of 195.56 days from Received to Approval date, with a standard deviation of 5.22 days.
  • August had a global mean of 189.94 days from Received to Approval date, with a standard deviation of 6.95 days.
  • September had a global mean of 187.57 days from Received to Approval date, with a standard deviation of 7.68 days.
  • October had a global mean of 182.92 days from Received to Approval date, with a standard deviation of 7.00 days.

As I mentioned in some previous post there clearly was a turning point from July to August, and it has kept improving consistently ever since. Notice that they did not only shortened the average number of days, they also approved more cases in the same period of time. Hopefully this tendency will continue! :)

5aef553e0c039_ComparisonJulyAugustSeptemberandOctober(05-06).thumb.png.38b76a89b3d3a8c1c72fc3b77552759c.png

4 hours ago, ObiChe said:

Of course not. Neither of us is in Nigeria right now, but we wouldn't be filing K-1 if we were panning to marry outside the US yea? LOL. 

As stupid as my question may have sounded, there have been some here on VJ that have either asked if that is possible and or have gone ahead and did get married in their home country. The outcome for those who chose to marry was not pretty nor was the outcome for some who showed their pre-marriage ceremony pictures during the interview and were denied. Those pictures which the CO interpreted to be a wedding caused their Case to Denied!   That was not much of a :jest: to them.

You can search VJ and see cases where this is true.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.