pontof

March 2018 I-129f Filers

2,295 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Hirotoyoto said:

our noa2 date is 10/1 still haven’t heard anything, and i call them as well no updates.

Case approval is happening now. They are preparing the files to be shipped out next week so they are trying to wrap up early October NOA2's. Just check on Friday or Monday to hear something.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

There is no filing of anything at the NVC stage. All NVC is, is a clearing house that assigns the case number and moves the file to the Embassy. That's it. Nothing more.

He has gotten bad information from his Lawyer/Friend and if you read my post I did answer your above question before you asked it.

Suggestion: When you come on line to read this thread, start reading backwards from the latest post to the post that you left off at that last time you were here. This way you will be up to date on all the happenings here.

Thank you for the info. I thought I read on the government site that you submit your financial documents and police record online. And then you have hard copies with you at the interview stage along with the health exam results. I used to look over all previous posts but people have been posting much more frequently lately it has gotten a bit overwhelming to look through at times and it can take a while to find what I'm looking for. So I'm not trying to bother anyone but I just thought I would ask a quick question to the person who posted. I hope I'm not bothering anyone. I'm happy to answer questions for others even when they have been asked multiple times in the forum. Because I know it's a stressful process. 

2 minutes ago, Rayapig said:

Thank you for the info. I thought I read on the government site that you submit your financial documents and police record online. And then you have hard copies with you at the interview stage along with the health exam results. I used to look over all previous posts but people have been posting much more frequently lately it has gotten a bit overwhelming to look through at times and it can take a while to find what I'm looking for. So I'm not trying to bother anyone but I just thought I would ask a quick question to the person who posted. I hope I'm not bothering anyone. I'm happy to answer questions for others even when they have been asked multiple times in the forum. Because I know it's a stressful process. 

Do you have this information. Read over it as I am sure it will tell you what you need to know. If not then look for others who are interviewing in your coutry. To find them use the links below.

Get the Ethiopia K1 Embassy instructions at http://ethiopia.usembassy.gov/visas/fianc-visas-k/k-1-fiance-/-k3--spouse-visa-appointment-checklist.html as this is your bible needed to complete and receive your visa. The required documents are included and use the this website as a check list. Once you have completed or gathered the required documents you'll be ready for your interview.

Last but not least, READ the pages on the US Embassy website for you country so that you are up to speed.

http://ethiopia.usembassy.gov/visas/fianc-visas-k.html

Use the tools here in VJ to answer "when I am going to get etc. etc." question. Near your picture, there is a link to your timeline. Select it and once you're on the next page near your picture you will see "follow similar timelines" and it will populate 12 other couples who are near your dates. Scroll down and you will see a "spreadsheet" style page showing all the variables for measurement for when others from your Embassy are getting the same notice of approval or action.  Try it. It really works!

And if you want to follow those from other countries that have similar timelines as yours there are several tools available to you. Go up to Immigration Timelines on the blue ribbon above and select it. Once you are on the next page looked to your left and you will see a box that states, "find similar timelines" and select it. A list will populate with those who are processing close to your timeline. When they start to change you will soon be behind them.

I followed those that were in my group to give me an idea where they were in processing so I could judge if I was ahead or behind.  It's pretty accurate, maybe within a day or so.

If you choose to follow those twelve members then you will get an email every time their status updates.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Go to Hanks website and read the part about the medical requirements. You have to pay the interview fee first today, then make the appointment tonight (her day) and then the next day she can do the medical. Be sure to print off the interview confirmation page after you schedule the interview. She will use that at the medical appointment. Be sure she makes extra copies.

You are required to have scheduled a visa appointment with USEM. You will be required to present your appointment letter sent by the National Visa Center or an e-mail confirmation from the Visa Information and Appointment Service or you may print off a copy of your appointment confirmation page after you have scheduled your appointment online to begin your medical exam.

You can do your medical ASAP but the results may not make it in time for the interview. If this is the case, you can still proceed with the interview and if you pass, you will receive a 221(g) . It is often the case when an applicant for a visa is told that a final decision cannot be made on their visa application immediately. (Your case would be pending the results of SLEC medical exam)  In doing so, the consular officer invokes Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act and informs the applicant that the case will be put on hold until the applicant’s eligibility for the visa can be determined. This processing “time-out” is taken frequently. Once the medical exam "catches up" with the pending visa application a determination will be made. in your case the consular officer requires additional time, information (your SLEC results), or documentation before making a final visa decision. Typically it's not a big deal but be aware that it can add additional weeks to your visa approval notification. 

They won't let her do medical cause we don't have email or letter from nvc only case and invoice number.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
17 minutes ago, DuddLee said:

They won't let her do medical cause we don't have email or letter from nvc only case and invoice number.

Call NVC and give them your email address. They will notify you as as soon as they send your case to your embassy. That way you can use that email to book your medical.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lucy&Jason said:

Call NVC and give them your email address. They will notify you as as soon as they send your case to your embassy. That way you can use that email to book your medical.

I gave them my email 2 weeks ago. So I guess what I'm wanting to know can you schedule medical without that ? We have case and invoice number which I received by calling nvc. We was just told she must show email or letter stating ready.

Edited by DuddLee

Timeline
Just now, DuddLee said:

I gave them my email 2 weeks ago. So I guess what I'm wanting to know can you schedule medical without that ? We have case and invoice number which I received by calling nvc.

Oh i see.. so your case is still at NVC then? Wait til next week(30/31) for NVC to notify you that your case is in transit. You’ll be getting an email for that update on your case. 

On 10/23/2018 at 9:58 PM, RayAndCrisnaLyn said:

We received our NOA2 last month (9/27) yet our case online still shows "received" and we have not yet received our NVC case info.  Yes, I know the letter says 30 days and others here on VJ indicate it can take 6 weeks, but I fired off an NVC inquiry email this morning to check on status.  Our letter didn't include an NVC phone number or I'd have called instead.

After I received my noa2 last Sept 28,2018 through email, I contact the NVC oct 16,2018 and finally I got my mnl # since I am here at the Philippines so I used Hangouts apps because you can  call the United States free call using internet connection only +1 603 334 0700 , I called many times but their representatives are busy answering the first caller so it’s a busy line, but I got a chance didn’t give up calling the NVC and for Philippine time call the NVC between 11am-12nn. I hope it could help btw, I am waiting for my case to be READY. Thanks 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Yuns said:

After I received my noa2 last Sept 28,2018 through email, I contact the NVC oct 16,2018 and finally I got my mnl # since I am here at the Philippines so I used Hangouts apps because you can  call the United States free call using internet connection only +1 603 334 0700 , I called many times but their representatives are busy answering the first caller so it’s a busy line, but I got a chance didn’t give up calling the NVC and for Philippine time call the NVC between 11am-12nn. I hope it could help btw, I am waiting for my case to be READY. Thanks 

Glad go hear that yuns its helpfull

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Yuns said:

How about your case? Are you waiting for your NVC letter?

Yes still waiting noa2 october 15 maybe i still need some time before i do inquire..

5 hours ago, DuddLee said:

I gave them my email 2 weeks ago. So I guess what I'm wanting to know can you schedule medical without that ? We have case and invoice number which I received by calling nvc. We was just told she must show email or letter stating ready.

5 hours ago, Lucy&Jason said:

Oh i see.. so your case is still at NVC then? Wait til next week(30/31) for NVC to notify you that your case is in transit. You’ll be getting an email for that update on your case. 

He doesn't have to wait. If he would take 30 minutes of his time and read the information that I posted he would know exactly what is required and then they could move forward. Simple. The process in the Philippines is so easy and not like most Embassies.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
Just now, Greenbaum said:

He doesn't have to wait. If he would take 30 minutes of his time and read the information that I posted he would know exactly what is required and then they could move forward. Simple. The process in the Philippines is so easy and not like most Embassies.

I guess she pertains in the new process in the USEM now that needs for the Status to be “Ready” til they can schedule an interview appointment and book her medical which is also a great safe side for them TBH.

1 hour ago, Lucy&Jason said:

I guess she pertains in the new process in the USEM now that needs for the Status to be “Ready” til they can schedule an interview appointment and book her medical which is also a great safe side for them TBH.

Yes it’s the new, because I watched some videos in YouTube about the K1 Visa process experienced that they need the NVC letter or the case status is already READY for paying the visa fee ,specially here in Philippines.

If you received the NVC letter through mail or email, do a photocopies because they will get that copies for paying the visa and also for medical and just in case, 

And if your case status is already READY you can print out that too if you can’t wait for your hard copy of NVC or through email. That’s what I watched and asked the K1 Visa processer experienced. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
15 hours ago, Helike said:

Got the RFE today, they need more evidence that we met in the 2 years. We sent pictures and boarding passes already. Any other ideas? Yeah, we didnt submit copies of stamps in the passport, we gonna do it now. But whatelse?? We don't have hotel invoice or something, coz we always stayed at either his or my place. Can we submit a statement signed by his mother, that we really met in the 2 years? I am really lost now, didn't expect this would be the reason, coz the boarding passes are stating the names and the dates. 

Yes a signed letter from her would be good. I also submitted letters from friends (handwritten and copied), a letter from the landlord, cell phone bills, text messages, little letters and notes we left for each other..we also submitted the story of our relationship (to tug on their heartstrings I hope hehe).

Edited by Roxyneu
Add info

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.