pontof

March 2018 I-129f Filers

2,295 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
Just now, Nicola and Jordan said:

Did you have time/date stamps on the photos as well and writing who is who in the pics? We submitted that plus boarding passes 

Yep, this is why I am so surprised. Maybe they lost this evidence and just requesting it once again, but don't want to risk it, if it is not the case =(

15 minutes ago, Helike said:

Got the RFE today, they need more evidence that we met in the 2 years. We sent pictures and boarding passes already. Any other ideas? Yeah, we didnt submit copies of stamps in the passport, we gonna do it now. But whatelse?? We don't have hotel invoice or something, coz we always stayed at either his or my place. Can we submit a statement signed by his mother, that we really met in the 2 years? I am really lost now, didn't expect this would be the reason, coz the boarding passes are stating the names and the dates. 

Maybe you could print out your i-94 travel history as evidence :)

24 minutes ago, Helike said:

Got the RFE today, they need more evidence that we met in the 2 years. We sent pictures and boarding passes already. Any other ideas? Yeah, we didnt submit copies of stamps in the passport, we gonna do it now. But whatelse?? We don't have hotel invoice or something, coz we always stayed at either his or my place. Can we submit a statement signed by his mother, that we really met in the 2 years? I am really lost now, didn't expect this would be the reason, coz the boarding passes are stating the names and the dates. 

Sending snapshots is always optional, as it is usually considered secondary evidence that cannot be verified.  Passport stamps is the way to go for sure.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just and update NOA 2 09/24/2018. Recieved NVC Case # 10/11/2018 still at NVC. Hopefully see ready status by Friday. Day 13 " at NVC " status.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
1 hour ago, DuddLee said:

Just and update NOA 2 09/24/2018. Recieved NVC Case # 10/11/2018 still at NVC. Hopefully see ready status by Friday. Day 13 " at NVC " status.

Congrats on everything moving forward for you! How did you receive your case#? Did you receive it by mail or did you have to call them? My NOA2 date was 10/09. So hopefully I get my case # soon.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Rayapig said:

Congrats on everything moving forward for you! How did you receive your case#? Did you receive it by mail or did you have to call them? My NOA2 date was 10/09. So hopefully I get my case # soon.

I called. Just FYI in my research and questions I  have asked.... you can't schedule medical until it says " ready " at NVC. Also on average from what I have seen the "ready" status is received around the 14th day mark of date you receive ypur case number.

Edited by DuddLee

1 hour ago, DuddLee said:

Ready is a function of the Embassy and not the NVC. Your record will leave (if it hasn't already) next week in the next batches on either T/W. In the mean time for the Philippines you could have already payed your interview fee, completed your DS-160, completed your medical and CFO while waiting for your record to been set to "ready". Your wasting time. Here is what you need to get started for USEM.

Once you receive your case number it's time to be in charge of what time you choose when things get done. To smooth that trail for you I have a few things that will help you process your visa there in the Philippines.

Start by visiting Hanks site where he has taken the time and research, and of course, it helps if you spent 8 plus years helping folks in the Philippines sub-forum get their visas, where he has listed each step. With those steps, he includes the what, when and why to complete the item. Many have used the website and have had little or NO problems securing a visa from USEM.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Next, you'll want to connect with those who are processing through the Philippines in the VJ Philippines sub-forum that way you will be with like-minded ppl who are sharing their experiences and also asking and answering questions. Since most in this thread is processing through another country they would be hard-pressed to explain what is needed for the Philippines.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

You'll find this on Hank's website but I will give it to you early and that is the Packet 3 Letter for USEM. It's found here:

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Here is the Packet 3 letter.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/82/2016/08/K1-and-K2-Applicant-Interview-Preparation-Instructions-08112016-English-336KB.pdf

There you have it. Everything you need to get your visa. Good luck and smooth sailing.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

2 minutes ago, DuddLee said:

I called. Just FYI in my research and questions I  have asked.... you can't schedule medical until it says " ready " at NVC. Also on average from what I have seen the "ready" status is received around the 14th day mark of date you receive ypur case number.

NVC has nothing to do with the "ready" status. That's set by the Embassy when they are ready for you to have your interview.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Ready is a function of the Embassy and not the NVC. Your record will leave (if it hasn't already) next week in the next batches on either T/W. In the mean time for the Philippines you could have already payed your interview fee, completed your DS-160, completed your medical and CFO while waiting for your record to been set to "ready". Your wasting time. Here is what you need to get started for USEM.

Once you receive your case number it's time to be in charge of what time you choose when things get done. To smooth that trail for you I have a few things that will help you process your visa there in the Philippines.

Start by visiting Hanks site where he has taken the time and research, and of course, it helps if you spent 8 plus years helping folks in the Philippines sub-forum get their visas, where he has listed each step. With those steps, he includes the what, when and why to complete the item. Many have used the website and have had little or NO problems securing a visa from USEM.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Next, you'll want to connect with those who are processing through the Philippines in the VJ Philippines sub-forum that way you will be with like-minded ppl who are sharing their experiences and also asking and answering questions. Since most in this thread is processing through another country they would be hard-pressed to explain what is needed for the Philippines.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

You'll find this on Hank's website but I will give it to you early and that is the Packet 3 Letter for USEM. It's found here:

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Here is the Packet 3 letter.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/82/2016/08/K1-and-K2-Applicant-Interview-Preparation-Instructions-08112016-English-336KB.pdf

There you have it. Everything you need to get your visa. Good luck and smooth sailing.

Thanks Greenbaum you definitely have the type of info I like to hear. I will call my fiancee now to let her know. The agency Im using told me we had to wait but I will go with your info.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, DuddLee said:

So have you received anything in the mail yet? Like telling you the next steps or to file anything at the NVC stage? 

1 minute ago, DuddLee said:

Thanks Greenbaum you definitely have the type of info I like to hear. I will call my fiancee now to let her know. The agency Im using told me we had to wait but I will go with your info.

I've been helping people for years from the Philippines and we have a system down that works. She could be on a plane in 21 days if you work smart. But that all depends on the quality of the documents. If you have any hiccups it will because of the Birth Certificate, NBI or CENOMAR. Those are the "snake in the weeds" items look for mistakes. Follow the links, read the materials and ask questions over in the Philippines sub-forum here on VJ. We'll answer you questions and help you along the way. Stop using your lawyer/friend or whomever is helping you.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

I've been helping people for years from the Philippines and we have a system down that works. She could be on a plane in 21 days if you work smart. But that all depends on the quality of the documents. If you have any hiccups it will because of the Birth Certificate, NBI or CENOMAR. Those are the "snake in the weeds" items look for mistakes. Follow the links, read the materials and ask questions over in the Philippines sub-forum here on VJ. We'll answer you questions and help you along the way. Stop using your lawyer/friend or whomever is helping you.

Ok ..... we just just looked at the st. Lukes site for documents required and it stated need interview date. If she can do medical without that she will go today

2 minutes ago, Rayapig said:

So have you received anything in the mail yet? Like telling you the next steps or to file anything at the NVC stage? 

There is no filing of anything at the NVC stage. All NVC is, is a clearing house that assigns the case number and moves the file to the Embassy. That's it. Nothing more.

He has gotten bad information from his Lawyer/Friend and if you read my post I did answer your above question before you asked it.

Suggestion: When you come on line to read this thread, start reading backwards from the latest post to the post that you left off at that last time you were here. This way you will be up to date on all the happenings here.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Just now, DuddLee said:

Ok ..... we just just looked at the st. Lukes site for documents required and it stated need interview date. If she can do medical without that she will go today

Go to Hanks website and read the part about the medical requirements. You have to pay the interview fee first today, then make the appointment tonight (her day) and then the next day she can do the medical. Be sure to print off the interview confirmation page after you schedule the interview. She will use that at the medical appointment. Be sure she makes extra copies.

You are required to have scheduled a visa appointment with USEM. You will be required to present your appointment letter sent by the National Visa Center or an e-mail confirmation from the Visa Information and Appointment Service or you may print off a copy of your appointment confirmation page after you have scheduled your appointment online to begin your medical exam.

You can do your medical ASAP but the results may not make it in time for the interview. If this is the case, you can still proceed with the interview and if you pass, you will receive a 221(g) . It is often the case when an applicant for a visa is told that a final decision cannot be made on their visa application immediately. (Your case would be pending the results of SLEC medical exam)  In doing so, the consular officer invokes Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act and informs the applicant that the case will be put on hold until the applicant’s eligibility for the visa can be determined. This processing “time-out” is taken frequently. Once the medical exam "catches up" with the pending visa application a determination will be made. in your case the consular officer requires additional time, information (your SLEC results), or documentation before making a final visa decision. Typically it's not a big deal but be aware that it can add additional weeks to your visa approval notification. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Rayapig said:

our noa2 date is 10/1 still haven’t heard anything, and i call them as well no updates.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.