pontof

March 2018 I-129f Filers

2,295 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
6 hours ago, BananaButton5 said:

We got our NVC case number today. I called and she said the number has been assigned this morning! One step closer! :)

hi, how long did you waited before start calling them? i called them yesterday and they told me it can take up to 6 weeks before they get our petition from the uscis.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Hirotoyoto said:

hi, how long did you waited before start calling them? i called them yesterday and they told me it can take up to 6 weeks before they get our petition from the uscis.

The average is about two weeks for USCIS to receive it. I called at exactly 2 weeks and they didn't have my case yet. I called again today (exactly three weeks since NOA2) and they had the case and had assigned a case #. Looking at your timeline, they should have it soon! Call again Friday maybe. Six weeks is their generic response. 

AOS/EAD/AP Filed: April 5, 2019 
NOA 1: April 12, 2019
Biometrics Appointment: May 8, 2019
RFIE Rec'd: June 21, 2019 - Request for long form birth certificate

RFIE Reply Sent: July 16, 2019
AOS Interview Date: October 3, 2019, APPROVED 

Green card Received: October 10, 2019

i-751 Filed: September 21, 2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 minutes ago, BananaButton5 said:

The average is about two weeks for USCIS to receive it. I called at exactly 2 weeks and they didn't have my case yet. I called again today (exactly three weeks since NOA2) and they had the case and had assigned a case #. Looking at your timeline, they should have it soon! Call again Friday maybe. Six weeks is their generic response. 

hi, i see we actually have the same noa2 date hopefully when i do call them again they will have our case number this time.

1 hour ago, Hirotoyoto said:

Call again on TH, Fri and again on Monday. They are approving a lot of people right now as they have to get them packaged for shipment to the Embassies on T/W next week. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

11 minutes ago, Orientalelf said:

For those of us still waiting, I called them this afternoon and they literally said, "call back in another 30 days". 

Why am I being trolled 😤 

Because "it's not ready till it's ready"! Simple!

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

14 minutes ago, Orientalelf said:

Sound advice Greenbaum, see ya in 30 days then. 

Greenbaum's Tips: 

Use the tools here in VJ to answer "when I am going to get etc. etc." question. Near your picture, there is a link to your timeline. Select it and once you're on the next page near your picture you will see "follow similar timelines" and it will populate 12 other couples who are near your dates. Scroll down and you will see a "spreadsheet" style page showing all the variables for measurement for when others from your Embassy are getting the same notice of approval or action.  Try it. It really works!

And if you want to follow those from other countries that have similar timelines as yours there are several tools available to you. Go up to Immigration Timelines on the blue ribbon above and select it. Once you are on the next page looked to your left and you will see a box that states, "find similar timelines" and select it. A list will populate with those who are processing close to your timeline. When they start to change you will soon be behind them.

I followed those that were in my group to give me an idea where they were in processing so I could judge if I was ahead or behind.  It's pretty accurate, maybe within a day or so.

If you choose to follow those twelve members then you will get an email every time their status updates.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Greenbaum's Tips: 

Use the tools here in VJ to answer "when I am going to get etc. etc." question. Near your picture, there is a link to your timeline. Select it and once you're on the next page near your picture you will see "follow similar timelines" and it will populate 12 other couples who are near your dates. Scroll down and you will see a "spreadsheet" style page showing all the variables for measurement for when others from your Embassy are getting the same notice of approval or action.  Try it. It really works!

And if you want to follow those from other countries that have similar timelines as yours there are several tools available to you. Go up to Immigration Timelines on the blue ribbon above and select it. Once you are on the next page looked to your left and you will see a box that states, "find similar timelines" and select it. A list will populate with those who are processing close to your timeline. When they start to change you will soon be behind them.

I followed those that were in my group to give me an idea where they were in processing so I could judge if I was ahead or behind.  It's pretty accurate, maybe within a day or so.

If you choose to follow those twelve members then you will get an email every time their status updates.

I appreciate your help but there are actually no other countries with similiar timelines as me.
And only 1 other (in the same country) who has an noa1 of January 2018.

Hence, my fustration.  But there's nothing to do but wait as you mention, thanks for your help regardless. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 10/23/2018 at 10:00 AM, BananaButton5 said:

We got our NVC case number today. I called and she said the number has been assigned this morning! One step closer! :)

Good to hear that we aren't the only ones not receiving web sight updates. Kinda of useless to sign up for email and text updates when they don't update anything though.  I'll give them a couple weeks at NVC before I call to get our case number.  Good luck!!

Edited by TiggerTB

Timeline
6 minutes ago, TiggerTB said:

Good to hear that we aren't the only ones not receiving web sight updates. Kinda of useless to sign up for email and text updates when they don't update anything though.  I'll give them a couple weeks at NVC before I call to get our case number.  Good luck!!

Being signed up for email and text updates through USCIS is not the same thing as being signed up for updates at NVC, and further, no one gets an email update from NVC until it's left for the embassy-- so there is nothing abnormal about your situation! Definitely give them a couple weeks to get your case number, it took us 3 weeks from NOA2 to get a case number. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, BananaButton5 said:

Being signed up for email and text updates through USCIS is not the same thing as being signed up for updates at NVC, and further, no one gets an email update from NVC until it's left for the embassy-- so there is nothing abnormal about your situation! Definitely give them a couple weeks to get your case number, it took us 3 weeks from NOA2 to get a case number. 

Certainly......just that our case is still showing as "Received" with USCIS even though we have the letter dated 10/17.  So had been disheartened to not see any updates, but then get the letter in the mail.

Timeline
1 minute ago, TiggerTB said:

Certainly......just that our case is still showing as "Received" with USCIS even though we have the letter dated 10/17.  So had been disheartened to not see any updates, but then get the letter in the mail.

Oh yes, I see what you mean now, I thought you meant you thought there would be an NVC notification.  I only got an email from the new site, the old site is still not updated for us.  A lot of people are getting those totally silent NOA2s, I think they're still trying to figure out what they're doing with switching websites! Just be thankful you got an NOA2 at all! We're nearly to the finish line (and by that I mean,  close to the start line to the whole green card process LOL). Having low expectations of the US government will save you a lot of heartache from here on out. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Got the RFE today, they need more evidence that we met in the 2 years. We sent pictures and boarding passes already. Any other ideas? Yeah, we didnt submit copies of stamps in the passport, we gonna do it now. But whatelse?? We don't have hotel invoice or something, coz we always stayed at either his or my place. Can we submit a statement signed by his mother, that we really met in the 2 years? I am really lost now, didn't expect this would be the reason, coz the boarding passes are stating the names and the dates. 

9 minutes ago, Helike said:

Got the RFE today, they need more evidence that we met in the 2 years. We sent pictures and boarding passes already. Any other ideas? Yeah, we didnt submit copies of stamps in the passport, we gonna do it now. But whatelse?? We don't have hotel invoice or something, coz we always stayed at either his or my place. Can we submit a statement signed by his mother, that we really met in the 2 years? I am really lost now, didn't expect this would be the reason, coz the boarding passes are stating the names and the dates. 

Did you have time/date stamps on the photos as well and writing who is who in the pics? We submitted that plus boarding passes 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.