pontof

March 2018 I-129f Filers

2,295 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Knome said:

1217254614_IMG_20181016_031520(1).jpg.68509ded7290f3b4c29c0212b8ce2dca.jpg

Finally we got our hard copy of RFE and all they hav asked for a passport size photo of my fiance...(USC petitioner) only ..we sent both of ours pic in our k1 package ..i am jus wondering why they asked my fiance pic only again....

atleast we r happy thats its not about our dating site we met thru.. :) below is the picture of rfe stating wat thy hav asked for....any inputs are appreciated

This is a simple request. Follow their directions EXACTLY as they ask. You will be fine. Expect 2-3 weeks turnaround. Approval soon!! 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

1 hour ago, Gheyish said:

Im kinda opting to hear an rfe at least than nothing like this. 203 days waiting.

Totally acceptable. Normal now is 220-250 days. You've got a ways to go.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 10/13/2018 at 9:40 AM, crono_clone said:

You can try it, but chances are high that your fiance will be denied and you would have just wasted that application fee. Like you said, having a K-1 on file shows immigrant intent, so any officer looking at her tourist visa application will immediately assume she intends to overstay unless she can provide ironclad, incontrovertible evidence (like say, she has to be back home at a certain time or she'll forfeit a billion dollars 😆) that she'll be returning to her home country.

Oh yea i agree, i am able to get an esta though and not worry about another visa but i suppose id still need a job 😓😓

Timeline

On 226 days now for us, we called today and the tier 2 operator said that it is strange that we havent heard anything yet but they cant do anything about it until we hit the 7.5 month mark - which doesnt make sense to me because thatll be in like 4 days-  but were just waiting to call in 4 days now but i dont believe theyll do much- he did say even though our date is well before the date it says on the website for "date to submit an outside of processing times enquiry" we should still wait for it to be officially 7.5 months- he said hell submit an enquiry for us for peace of mind , but nothing really matters to me that they do now except actually getting an approval, i mean its not like thats even the end of the waiting but at least by then well actually see the light at the end of the tunnel in a way

7 minutes ago, Mez274 said:

On 226 days now for us, we called today and the tier 2 operator said that it is strange that we havent heard anything yet but they cant do anything about it until we hit the 7.5 month mark - which doesnt make sense to me because thatll be in like 4 days-  but were just waiting to call in 4 days now but i dont believe theyll do much- he did say even though our date is well before the date it says on the website for "date to submit an outside of processing times enquiry" we should still wait for it to be officially 7.5 months- he said hell submit an enquiry for us for peace of mind , but nothing really matters to me that they do now except actually getting an approval, i mean its not like thats even the end of the waiting but at least by then well actually see the light at the end of the tunnel in a way

Check again tonight and then again tomorrow. The always have a slew of approvals just before they send the batch of cases to the Embassy.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Knome said:

1217254614_IMG_20181016_031520(1).jpg.68509ded7290f3b4c29c0212b8ce2dca.jpg

Finally we got our hard copy of RFE and all they hav asked for a passport size photo of my fiance...(USC petitioner) only ..we sent both of ours pic in our k1 package ..i am jus wondering why they asked my fiance pic only again....

atleast we r happy thats its not about our dating site we met thru.. :) below is the picture of rfe stating wat thy hav asked for....any inputs are appreciated

We received the exact same RFE about a week ago, except it was for my photo.  Like you, I submitted one in the original K1 application so this frustrated the heck out of me as it is an unnecessary 3-4 week delay after a seemingly endless wait.  My lawyer told me that the immigration folks probably lost it and when I called, I was told the same thing by the person at USCIS, that it was likely lost and to resubmit it.  According to my lawyer, it should be reviewed over the next couple weeks, as it was a simple request.  Best of luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, jschain said:

We received the exact same RFE about a week ago, except it was for my photo.  Like you, I submitted one in the original K1 application so this frustrated the heck out of me as it is an unnecessary 3-4 week delay after a seemingly endless wait.  My lawyer told me that the immigration folks probably lost it and when I called, I was told the same thing by the person at USCIS, that it was likely lost and to resubmit it.  According to my lawyer, it should be reviewed over the next couple weeks, as it was a simple request.  Best of luck!

Thanks a lot ....we are going to reply back wit pic today itself .

and thts really sucky tht thy lost it and bcz of which our petition is delayed now

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

So I posted before that I received my approval letter in the mail after sending in my RFE a couple weeks ago. However, the websites do not show the approval and I just received an email from the USCIS saying they have not yet taken further action on my case. Has anyone else had this experience? Like where you see online it is still not updated but you have received confirmation by mail and even an email to show you something like what I got that they have not yet done anything with your case?  It just confuses me how this all works and why it would send that to me if in fact they did take action on my case which there is proof they did by the letter I received stating my approval. I wish they would be a bit more streamlined and make sure everything is updated the same. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Rayapig said:

So I posted before that I received my approval letter in the mail after sending in my RFE a couple weeks ago. However, the websites do not show the approval and I just received an email from the USCIS saying they have not yet taken further action on my case. Has anyone else had this experience? Like where you see online it is still not updated but you have received confirmation by mail and even an email to show you something like what I got that they have not yet done anything with your case?  It just confuses me how this all works and why it would send that to me if in fact they did take action on my case which there is proof they did by the letter I received stating my approval. I wish they would be a bit more streamlined and make sure everything is updated the same. 

Been talked about several times already.

U have hard copy of noa2 in hand. Uscis is no longer involved.. if u don't want email updates from uscis then. 

Go into setting where u set ur account up at and turn them off. 

Edited by BJ & Christine

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Please house i need help. My wife was rushed to the hospital yesterday and was taking to intensive care unit. Shes 7months pregnant, the doctor said she has a liver problem and her BP is going up so they have to put her under observation for no specific time frame.
Now she really don't have anybody around her, i want to ask if there's anyway we can speed the process by requesting for emergency? Then another thing our case has just yet be transferred to NVC and next week will make the process seven month. Please i really need you advice on what to do next.  The doctor said my attention is badly needed over there that she can help with any documents we need for the process.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, BJ & Christine said:

Been talked about several times already.

U have hard copy of noa2 in hand. Uscis is no longer involved.. if u don't want email updates from uscis then. 

Go into setting where u set ur account up at and turn them off. 

Okay I understand similar things have been talked about but I must have missed someone mentioning receiving an approval but online shows differently. Maybe this is a silly question but my paperwork does not say NOA2 on it but just says approval. That still must be the NOA2?

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Rayapig said:

Okay I understand similar things have been talked about but I must have missed someone mentioning receiving an approval but online shows differently. Maybe this is a silly question but my paperwork does not say NOA2 on it but just says approval. That still must be the NOA2?

For instance.

new site for me still shows original received date

old site still shows received rfe

been approved for nearly 3 weeks now. 

It wont say noa2. Technically it says I-797 then it has ur approval date on it. Which is ur second I-797

If it's been more then 14 days since u received ur second I-797. U can contact nvc and see if they have ur case number yet. Or u can just wait for the email which will only show up once it's sent to embassy. 

Edited by BJ & Christine

event.png

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, BJ & Christine said:

For instance.

new site for me still shows original received date

old site still shows received rfe

been approved for nearly 3 weeks now. 

It wont say noa2. Technically it says I-797 then it has ur approval date on it. Which is ur second I-797

If it's been more then 14 days since u received ur second I-797. U can contact nvc and see if they have ur case number yet. Or u can just wait for the email which will only show up once it's sent to embassy. 

Great-- thank you for all the info. It looks like based on your timeline it took about 2 or so weeks before it showed it was received at the NVC. And then you received your case number soon after that. Hoping all of it goes that quickly for me too. Thanks again.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Rayapig said:

Great-- thank you for all the info. It looks like based on your timeline it took about 2 or so weeks before it showed it was received at the NVC. And then you received your case number soon after that. Hoping all of it goes that quickly for me too. Thanks again.

Took 3 weeks for rfe approval. Just over 2 weeks to get nvc number. Which falls in line with everyone's guesstimates on how the process goes. 

Yes, there are some cases that r "special" and get approved sooner and even later. Same goes for getting nvc number. I have received my number a few days before others that were approved before me. 

Canr base one persons case on ur own. U will set urself up for failure doing that.

good rest of ur journey 

event.png

31 minutes ago, dicksoneneh said:

Please house i need help. My wife was rushed to the hospital yesterday and was taking to intensive care unit. Shes 7months pregnant, the doctor said she has a liver problem and her BP is going up so they have to put her under observation for no specific time frame.
Now she really don't have anybody around her, i want to ask if there's anyway we can speed the process by requesting for emergency? Then another thing our case has just yet be transferred to NVC and next week will make the process seven month. Please i really need you advice on what to do next.  The doctor said my attention is badly needed over there that she can help with any documents we need for the process.

I'm sorry to hear this turn of events. I hope she recovers and the baby is ok.

Yes you can have your case expedited under certain conditions. I am not an expert but I have gathered information concerning this and will share it with you. I have no other knowledge and therefore I will be unable to ask your question. You may want to spread your net for additional help by posting your question in a different thread that has more topics similar where there are more knowledgeable help.

http://boureypeatnut.weebly.com/expedite.html

http://ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-iv-expeditedappointment.asp

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/326412-k1-visa-expedite-process-for-i-129f/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/609065-nvc-expedite-request-it-really-works/

This is the letter format to use.

Petitioner:

Beneficiary Name:

DOB:

Case Number:

Invoice Number:

(then the context of your letter)

Note: You have to provide 2 local phone numbers of your beneficiary

email this to NVCexpedite@state.gov

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.