pontof

March 2018 I-129f Filers

2,295 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Informed delivery shows me that our RFE letter arrived yesterday, 9 days after receiving notice that we'd be getting an RFE.

We were getting a bit worried about the delay in getting the letter. I ended up calling USCIS Friday and heard the robotic voice message, but after hearing the 30min+ wait time warning, I decided to wait a bit longer before asking someone about it. Good call I guess.

I can't wait to get back home tonight and see what it says. 😟

K-1 Visa

03/13/2018 - Submitted

02/12/2019 - Interview Approved

12 hours ago, mangy said:

Hello guys,

My fiancee is a widow. We submitted Death Certificate of her late husband. But she does not have marriage certificate from previous marriage.

Is that needed for Interview?

Thanks

Here is the letter that you will receive from Mumbai Embassy. Read it over carefully and follow the instructions. Another member of VJ added some additional information contained below which outlines what he experienced.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xukUjdqnKM7yqrkqfPfl8tCao_BY2XsC/view?usp=sharing
https://photos.state.gov/libraries/mumbai/1057584/senkx/BMB%20IV%20Packet%204%20for%20Ks%20January%202015%20Revision_001.pdf

Once you received your case number from NVC,  I would recommend you fill out DS-160 form and submit. Some say the packet 3 letter is nothing just waste of time same thing they have mention which you easily get from USCIS website when you called to the clinics to book your medical appointment date they will ask you have you received your packet letter or not. Just say yes and booked the appointment date however you will receive that letter within 2 weeks the day you will get your NVC number.

Go on USCIS website make your account with password and then pay your fees to Citibank or Axis bank. They will give you reference number. With that number you can book your biometric and interview appointment date. The fees are 18,500 and for medical but I recommend that you carry 20,000 with you in the event you need more. Be sure to  keep at least 7 days gap between medical and interview.

Here are two links for others who are processing now and maybe you can get your Embassy direct questions answered by experts.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/331403-mumbai-consulate-k1-visa-221g-given/

And

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/684938-india-processing-2018-noa2-nvc/?page=1

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

13 hours ago, Janine and Neal said:

We just got our approval notice today in the mail. I can’t stop my tears, been a long time but it’s all worth it. Hope you guys get yours too soon. Our notice date was Oct 1st and we just now got it, website still says case received. Check your mail guys. 

Once you receive your case number it's time to be in charge of what time you choose when things get done. To smooth that trail for you I have a few things that will help you process your visa there in the Philippines.

Start by visiting Hanks site where he has taken the time and research, and of course, it helps if you spent 8 plus years helping folks in the Philippines sub-forum get their visas, where he has listed each step. With those steps, he includes the what, when and why to complete the item. Many have used the website and have had little or NO problems securing a visa from USEM.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Next, you'll want to connect with those who are processing through the Philippines in the VJ Philippines sub-forum that way you will be with like-minded ppl who are sharing their experiences and also asking and answering questions. Since most in this thread is processing through another country they would be hard-pressed to explain what is needed for the Philippines.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

You'll find this on Hank's website but I will give it to you early and that is the Packet 3 Letter for USEM. It's found here:

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Here is the Packet 3 letter.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/82/2016/08/K1-and-K2-Applicant-Interview-Preparation-Instructions-08112016-English-336KB.pdf

There you have it. Everything you need to get your visa. Good luck and smooth sailing.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

17 hours ago, Knome said:

what is the number you will be calling to know abt details of RFE...?? could you please let us know

Call USCIS. Tell them you would like a copy of the RFE because you are on a deadline that can’t be extended. A tier 2 is the only one that has access to those systems. They can also read it to you and let you know what they are requesting.  We have seen some who have had success with this method and others who have not. So your mileage may vary.

1 (800) 375-5283 8:00 am

This is for USCIS

Option 1:

Call USCIS. Do not press anything. Do not choose a language. If someone who picked up the phone cannot answer your question, ask them to transfer you to TIER 2.

Option 2:

Dial 1-866-953-7684

Option 3:

Call 1-800-375-5283

Press 1 to continue to English

Press 2 for case status

Press 1 if you know your receipt number

Press your receipt number 922(WAC) then your numeric receipt number

Option 4:

Dial 1-800-375-5283 then press 1,2,2,4,2,1 then enter receipt number then press 1.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

22 hours ago, Rayapig said:

Thank you. Does the paperwork like tax forms and affadivit of support get sent to the NVC then or when do you send those things? Or whatever else they need?

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-et/niv/information/faqs This should help answer your future questions.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Call USCIS. Tell them you would like a copy of the RFE because you are on a deadline that can’t be extended. A tier 2 is the only one that has access to those systems. They can also read it to you and let you know what they are requesting.  We have seen some who have had success with this method and others who have not. So your mileage may vary.

1 (800) 375-5283 8:00 am

This is for USCIS

Option 1:

Call USCIS. Do not press anything. Do not choose a language. If someone who picked up the phone cannot answer your question, ask them to transfer you to TIER 2.

Option 2:

Dial 1-866-953-7684

Option 3:

Call 1-800-375-5283

Press 1 to continue to English

Press 2 for case status

Press 1 if you know your receipt number

Press your receipt number 922(WAC) then your numeric receipt number

Option 4:

Dial 1-800-375-5283 then press 1,2,2,4,2,1 then enter receipt number then press 1.

Thanks a lot @Greenbaum !!   one more question ..can we call on sunday ?? i guess no but still wana make sure

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:59 PM, Hannahyoons said:

Jumping to my question,

We all know that the K1 visa expires within 90 days, and I would like to make sure the point of the date where it starts.

I have heard that it starts from the date I get my medical examination, but I personally think it's reasonable to start the day I enter the States.

So if you know please, It'd be so appreciated :)

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 1:34 PM, BJ & Christine said:

Ur 90 days starts the day of POE.

once ur visa is issued u have 6mo to get to the USA.

Usually the expiration date for the visa is from the medical date but there are some exceptions to that and is up to the discretion of the adjudicator. So don't make any prearrangements on travel. The K-1 visa expires the minute you arrive at immigration at your POE. You'll have a I551 stamp placed in your visa and that allows you to stay 90 days in which to marry. If not married by then you are considered out of status.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 2:05 PM, Knome said:

Finally after 206 days we recieved an RFE...this suck but atleast thy touched our case....

idk whats in RFE yet ...only NEW SITE is updated..my fiance dint got any alert on text or email... this is weird 

I m wondering now wat wud b RFE for...i guess it wud b related to dating site being IMB or not.

Anyone who hav replied to it ... pls help to guide us too

No one knows what your RFE contains. It can be hundreds of things. When you receive an RFE (Request For Evidence) the best way to handle the RFE is to read it carefully. Do ONLY what it says. DON"T add tons and tons of unnecessary documents. It's not needed and will NOT help your case. The adjudicator has already made up their mind about your case and if you do what they ask then they are going to approve your case. Of course if something in your past is hanging up the approval, hence the RFE then what you return will answer the question(s) that the Adjudicator has.

I'll give you an example. Recently a couple had filed a I-129f and they received an RFE because a question was not answered. The question was "have you ever been arrested" or something near that. Forgetting about a expunge case in his youth he thought he was being honest and said "no". Well the RFE was returned and the adjudicator denied the case because it answered the question "no" when he should have answered it "yes" because of the expunge case that he forgot about. So, he had to return back to his fiancé's country, marry her, and then return to process a visa for her under the I-130 which is a CR-1 visa (spousal visa).

Also, sign your RFE where it ask and if it doesn't ask then sign the copy of the RFE that you will be returning. Sometimes they ask and sometimes they don't. We had a case here not too long ago where someone forgot to sign the RFE when requested and BINGO.... Denied! So sign even if it doesn't ask for it.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:48 AM, araxoolie said:

Yes, they received it on Tuesday but I haven't heard anything new yet. Naturally, this means I should refresh the case status site every 15 minutes....

Did you send it with tracking? It's will take about 2 weeks before it shows on any website so patience is needed. This is basically the last step before approval, so the fact you have traveled this far means there is a good chance of approval.

The USCIS has issued a Ruling, effective April 17, 2007, that gives adjudicators flexibility in determining the length of time a petitioner or applicant has to respond to a Request for Evidence (RFE) or a Notice of Intent to Deny (NOID). Currently, the standard deadline for response to an RFE is twelve weeks (84 days). NOIDs must be responded to within thirty days. Under this regulation, the USCIS will determine how much time should be permitted in any given case, with maximum possible time being what is now the standard response deadline. That is, adjudicators will set deadlines for both RFEs and NOIDs that could be up to twelve weeks in case of RFEs or up to thirty days for NOIDs. No extensions of time are permitted.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Outreach/Feedback%20Opportunities/Interim%20Guidance%20for%20Comment/change-timeframes-rfe.pdf

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

2 hours ago, Orientalelf said:

230 days and counting. Yes. I want to see if I can beat the record. 250, 300 days perhaps?
Once it hits 270 I'm moving to April filers 😃 I like being tested.

the current record I've seen is three years. Don't wish for something that may come true.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 10/14/2018 at 10:16 AM, Greenbaum said:

Did you send it with tracking? It's will take about 2 weeks before it shows on any website so patience is needed. This is basically the last step before approval, so the fact you have traveled this far means there is a good chance of approval.

Yes, tracking said it arrived on 10/9, but who knows when they opened it or did anything with it. Now, yes, patience, patience, we're almost there...

20 minutes ago, Gheyish said:

Im kinda opting to hear an rfe at least than nothing like this. 203 days waiting.

we are kinda in the same situation i will celebrate either rfe or NOA2!

04/04/18  - Mailed I-129F

04/06/18 -  NOA1 notice date email/text

10/18/18 -  RFE notification

10/22/18 -  RFE received in mail

11/01/18 -  RFE sent to USCIS

11/06/18 -  RFE received by USCIS

11/14/18 -  NOA2

11/27/18 - NVC Received

12/12/18 - NVC Case number

01/8/19 - Scheduled interview-APPROVED

01/21/19 - POE! 

Your absence has not taught me how to be alone; it has merely shown me that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall.

Ky-G team ❤️

When you walk awayI count the steps that you take

age.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

1217254614_IMG_20181016_031520(1).jpg.68509ded7290f3b4c29c0212b8ce2dca.jpg

On 10/14/2018 at 7:42 PM, Greenbaum said:

No one knows what your RFE contains. It can be hundreds of things. When you receive an RFE (Request For Evidence) the best way to handle the RFE is to read it carefully. Do ONLY what it says. DON"T add tons and tons of unnecessary documents. It's not needed and will NOT help your case. The adjudicator has already made up their mind about your case and if you do what they ask then they are going to approve your case. Of course if something in your past is hanging up the approval, hence the RFE then what you return will answer the question(s) that the Adjudicator has.

I'll give you an example. Recently a couple had filed a I-129f and they received an RFE because a question was not answered. The question was "have you ever been arrested" or something near that. Forgetting about a expunge case in his youth he thought he was being honest and said "no". Well the RFE was returned and the adjudicator denied the case because it answered the question "no" when he should have answered it "yes" because of the expunge case that he forgot about. So, he had to return back to his fiancé's country, marry her, and then return to process a visa for her under the I-130 which is a CR-1 visa (spousal visa).

Also, sign your RFE where it ask and if it doesn't ask then sign the copy of the RFE that you will be returning. Sometimes they ask and sometimes they don't. We had a case here not too long ago where someone forgot to sign the RFE when requested and BINGO.... Denied! So sign even if it doesn't ask for it.

Finally we got our hard copy of RFE and all they hav asked for a passport size photo of my fiance...(USC petitioner) only ..we sent both of ours pic in our k1 package ..i am jus wondering why they asked my fiance pic only again....

atleast we r happy thats its not about our dating site we met thru.. :) below is the picture of rfe stating wat thy hav asked for....any inputs are appreciated

Edited by Knome
Picture

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.