pontof

March 2018 I-129f Filers

2,295 posts in this topic

Greetings all,

My my fiancee and I have a NOA1 date of 06-FEB-2018. On 19-Sept-2018 our case status was updated online indicating a RFE was mailed to us. As of 31-OCT-2018, we have not received the physical RFE in the mail, but managed to talk to a tier 2 agent on the phone yesterday who faxed us a copy.

The RFE wants me, the petitioner, to send certified copies of all court and police records from a court case I was a part of years ago. I found out how to obtain the certified court documents, but I'm not sure where/how to obtain police records of the incident. I assume "police records" does not mean documentation of any criminal history, rather police records of the specific case. Can anyone advise? Thank you!

18 hours ago, CaliforniaLovin said:

Ha well getting a job is stating the obvious. He's hardly waiting around for someone to come knock on his front door and give him one. But it takes time, it you've ever been unemployed... To find another job. Your comment isn't very helpful. 

Anyway, since we received the NVC notification today we also realise we don't need a sponsor. The form requires tax documents/adjusted income and if the petitioner can show they are above the 125% above the poverty threshold on this year's taxes 2017 then it's fine. Something to note for others that may be in a similar situation. 

The Embassies use line 22 of the 1040 tax for determination if the applicant meets or exceeds the poverty threshold for their household. The Embassy, at time of interview, will accept a IRS transcript from you and you can get one from here You can down load same day and print off. This service is FREE.

@BJ & Christine who answered you question helps a lot of people, and sometimes when we help so many it's sometimes appears to us that the answer is obvious and at other times we will give you the "facts" straight up without fluff. We ask you to just understand the amount of people someone like she is actually answering before you become annoyed. I'm just saying. All around that will help. Thanks. :thumbs:

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

3 hours ago, Pats2017 said:

Greetings all,

My fiancée and I have a NOA1 date of 06-FEB-2018. On 19-Sept-2018 our case status was updated online indicating a RFE was mailed to us. As of 31-OCT-2018, we have not received the physical RFE in the mail, but managed to talk to a tier 2 agent on the phone yesterday who faxed us a copy.

The RFE wants me, the petitioner, to send certified copies of all court and police records from a court case I was a part of years ago. I found out how to obtain the certified court documents, but I'm not sure where/how to obtain police records of the incident. I assume "police records" does not mean documentation of any criminal history, rather police records of the specific case. Can anyone advise? Thank you!

Go to you local police station and ask how you can receive a copy for this incidence. Make copies of everything you return and remember that you must wait for the original copy of the RFE before you can respond as it is required to be included in the return packet. Be sure to sign your RFE where noted and if it is not noted then at the bottom in "white space".

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
9 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Go to you local police station and ask how you can receive a copy for this incidence. Make copies of everything you return and remember that you must wait for the original copy of the RFE before you can respond as it is required to be included in the return packet. Be sure to sign your RFE where noted and if it is not noted then at the bottom in "white space".

Hi, I returned my RFE with a signed cover letter and the original RFE form on top. It didn’t say to sign there so I didn’t. Is there a chance I may have made a huge mistake? I wished I would have seen your post before sending😒

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 10/26/2018 at 7:35 PM, Alan&Alex said:

233 total; 21 since RFE response for us. They keep telling me it will take up to 60 days from receiving the response to get an action. Tier1 submitted an "outside of processing time request" for us last week  in which we got an email that said it will take up to 45 days for an action. So basically 60 days. No choice but to wait it out.

Asking my congressmen is not an option since I live in the good ol' red as can be state of Texas; our congressmen will have no interest in helping a gay couple with immigration. 🙄

Ugh, who is your local representative? I wonder if Al Green's office would be willing to help you even if you're not a constituent. Or maybe they can at least point you in the right direction? 

The senators' offices will likely ignore you, but you can also give it a shot since I doubt it's the senator themselves who do the legwork for these kind of things; so you might still be helped by someone who's neutral. They're definitely likely to cite their religious convictions not to help you get married, but at this point the worst they can do is tell you no. ☹️

***K-1 Visa***

NOA1:         03/01/18 (old site)

03/06/18 (new site)

NOA2:         09/04/18

Interview:   12/27/18

Visa Rcvd:   01/09/19

POE Date:    01/27/19

Married:       02/22/19

***Adjustment of Status***

Sent:             03/07/19

NOA1:           03/15/19

Biometrics:  04/11/19

Ready:           04/24/19

EAD/AP:        08/20/19

Card Rcvd:    08/26/19

***Removal of Conditions***

Sent:             11/17/21

NOA1:           11/20/21

24-month Extension: Received

48-month Extension: Received

Approval:     02/20/24

***Naturalization***

Sent:             10/05/23

NOA1:           10/05/23

Biometrics:  10/25/23

Interview:     02/12/24

Oath:             03/27/24

============================================

Case Status Online: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus

7 hours ago, Roxyneu said:

Hi, I returned my RFE with a signed cover letter and the original RFE form on top. It didn’t say to sign there so I didn’t. Is there a chance I may have made a huge mistake? I wished I would have seen your post before sending😒

It's only a requirement to sign the original if asked for. BUT, we have not been able to ascertain why you should sign some and others you don't need to sign the RFE (other than when it is stated) so my recommendation is to sign it so there are no questions. Someone not long ago had an RFE that stated it needed to be signed and they didn't sign it and they were denied. So my motivation is to instruct everyone to sign their RFE so that mistake will not happen. So, revisit your letter and if didn't ask you to sign anything then I think you will be find.

BTW, I advocate that you spread your reading to other threads past and present and read them as sometimes a question like this is already answered to which you can learn from. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
7 hours ago, crono_clone said:

Ugh, who is your local representative? I wonder if Al Green's office would be willing to help you even if you're not a constituent. Or maybe they can at least point you in the right direction? 

The senators' offices will likely ignore you, but you can also give it a shot since I doubt it's the senator themselves who do the legwork for these kind of things; so you might still be helped by someone who's neutral. They're definitely likely to cite their religious convictions not to help you get married, but at this point the worst they can do is tell you no. ☹️

True.  Also, @Alan&Alex you may not need to reveal that it is a same-sex relationship, let them assume its opposite sex.  When getting vaccinations yesterday my doc referred to my partner as "she" and i didn't bother correcting him.  

first met late 2016, met 13 more times since. Filed i-129 Apr 14th. NOA2 dated Oct 11th. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Alan&Alex said:

Thanks!

So....just got a text message the case was updated. And we were APPROVED!! Finally! I can't stop smiling and crying at the same time! 🎉🎉

Wonderful news!!!  Congrats. You are entitled to feel emotional

first met late 2016, met 13 more times since. Filed i-129 Apr 14th. NOA2 dated Oct 11th. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
1 hour ago, Alan&Alex said:

Thanks!

So....just got a text message the case was updated. And we were APPROVED!! Finally! I can't stop smiling and crying at the same time! 🎉🎉

Finally! I'm really glad for you, congratulations!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Update, they received our Response, just confused about the date, the new site says today, the old says the 31st of October, but the old one never updated that they sent us an rfe. Anyway the waiting game continues and Keep praying, that they approve us soon. Everybody else...don't lose your faith!!

@Alan&Alex Congrats!!! It was a long journey, but the worst part is over!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Helike said:

Update, they received our Response, just confused about the date, the new site says today, the old says the 31st of October, but the old one never updated that they sent us an rfe. Anyway the waiting game continues and Keep praying, that they approve us soon. Everybody else...don't lose your faith!!

@Alan&Alex Congrats!!! It was a long journey, but the worst part is over!

I really don't know how they are determining who goes into the old vs new sites. The new site never updated for us but I signed up for the old site first. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Alan&Alex said:

Thanks!

Yaaaaayyyy congratulations!!!

***K-1 Visa***

NOA1:         03/01/18 (old site)

03/06/18 (new site)

NOA2:         09/04/18

Interview:   12/27/18

Visa Rcvd:   01/09/19

POE Date:    01/27/19

Married:       02/22/19

***Adjustment of Status***

Sent:             03/07/19

NOA1:           03/15/19

Biometrics:  04/11/19

Ready:           04/24/19

EAD/AP:        08/20/19

Card Rcvd:    08/26/19

***Removal of Conditions***

Sent:             11/17/21

NOA1:           11/20/21

24-month Extension: Received

48-month Extension: Received

Approval:     02/20/24

***Naturalization***

Sent:             10/05/23

NOA1:           10/05/23

Biometrics:  10/25/23

Interview:     02/12/24

Oath:             03/27/24

============================================

Case Status Online: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
1 minute ago, Knome said:

Seems like we do had same adjudicator......WE ARE APPROVED TOO!!! today finally for us too it came same time as you !!!! I am so excited :)😍

Yay! Congrats! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.