pontof

March 2018 I-129f Filers

2,295 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Zulumastered said:

Hello guys, please  advice.

Today we call NVC  to get our the case number after 2 weeks of approval. They say that only recived our petition and it will take 8 weeks to implement the system. What to do? 

Getting a case number from NVC may take 2-6weeks prior to your approval. Just call back again next week and see or email them for follow up.

1 hour ago, Zulumastered said:

Hello guys, please  advice.

Today we call NVC  to get our the case number after 2 weeks of approval. They say that only recived our petition and it will take 8 weeks to implement the system. What to do? 

Wait. Your so close. If it were to happen it might be in a day or so if not another 1-2 weeks. Pretty much what @Lucy&Jason replied. YMMV

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

4 hours ago, Nikatnite92 said:

Wow.  That’s crazy. How long do these request for evidence take? When I originally filed we were holding my fiancé would be able to come home for Christmas to meet my family. It looks like at this point I won’t even be done before Christmas because they’re saying it could take upwards of 90 days. I really don’t know what to do here, there’s really no approach that works I guess. Even if they approve it at this point, at best and 15 days if I’m lucky, it looks like it’ll take upwards of 4 to 8 weeks to ship to the national Visa Center, and then another four weeks to get to London, plus the two weeks for the interview time and a medical.

The USCIS has issued a Ruling, effective April 17, 2007, that gives adjudicators flexibility in determining the length of time a petitioner or applicant has to respond to a Request for Evidence (RFE) or a Notice of Intent to Deny (NOID). Currently, the standard deadline for response to an RFE is twelve weeks (84 days). NOIDs must be responded to within thirty days. Under the this regulation, the USCIS will determine how much time should be permitted in any given case, with maximum possible time being what is now the standard response deadline. That is, adjudicators will set deadlines for both RFEs and NOIDs that could be up to twelve weeks in case of RFEs or up to thirty days for NOIDs. No extensions of time are permitted.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Outreach/Feedback%20Opportunities/Interim%20Guidance%20for%20Comment/change-timeframes-rfe.pdf

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Chiara_5 said:

ah lucky you! I wish to hear something soon too :)

I'm sure this week is your lucky week, Chiara! 

NOA1 - 4/11/2018 (New site 04/16/2018) 

NOA2 - 10/10/18
NVC Receive - 10/29/2018 

NVC Case Number - 11/2/2018

Case left NVC - 11/13/2018
Embassy received - 11/19/2018

Interview - 12/14/2018

VOH - 12/21/2018

Wedding - 8/01/2019

AOS sent - 2/25/2019

NOA1 - 3/15/2019

Biometrics - 4/11/2019

Interview was scheduled - 7/3/2019

Interview date - 8/9/2019 --- Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Does anyone know if during the I-129F filing process, the USCIC officers need to contact the Beneficiary's Country or Government/Embassy? I ask because my fiance's country of Israel has been celebrating their largest holidays and their whole country/government shuts down for about 1 month. It is rather spotty in terms of businesses and government offices that are open.

We are at 200+ days now with no updates and noticing that people who filed after us (and at the same service center) have already received their NOA2. Would it be possible that since Israel has basically been "closed" during the month of September, that our case processing was delayed? I am not sure if during the I-129F they even contact the beneficiary's country but just am curious...? 

Edited by Abbey B

Sent I-129F: March 13, 2018

NOA 1: March 15, 2018

NOA 2: October 3, 2018

Case Arrived at NVC: October 19, 2018

Case Number Received: October 22, 2018 

NVC Shipped Case to Embassy: October 30, 2018

Case Arrived at Embassy: November 2, 2018

Medical Exam: November 19, 2018

Interview: December 7, 2018

Interview Results: Approved! 

Visa Received: January 2, 2019

Point of Entry to US: January 15, 2019 

Married: March 11th, 2019

Sent I-485, I-765, and I-131: April 30, 2019 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Abbey B said:

Does anyone know if during the I-129F filing process, the USCIC officers need to contact the Beneficiary's Country or Government/Embassy? I ask because my fiance's country of Israel has been celebrating their largest holidays and their whole country/government shuts down for about 1 month. It is rather spotty in terms of businesses and government offices that are open.

We are at 200+ days now with no updates and noticing that people who filed after us (and at the same service center) have already received their NOA2. Would it be possible that since Israel has basically been "closed" during the month of September, that our case processing was delayed? I am not sure if during the I-129F they even contact the beneficiary's country but just am curious...? 

Dont worry v r in same boat...mach 19 n hvnt gotten any updates...thr r many other too frm march..as march was the bussiest month for thm wit huge no. Of petitions so it will b taking some more time depending on the slots.

and idnt think thy contact beneficiary country at this stage in any way

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Knome said:

Dont worry v r in same boat...mach 19 n hvnt gotten any updates...thr r many other too frm march..as march was the bussiest month for thm wit huge no. Of petitions so it will b taking some more time depending on the slots.

Same here march 19th. No updates or news, and i bet won't get any for another week or two. They do the later ones now, so they could show 7.5month as longest time on their websites, meanwhile the middle ones are screwed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 minutes ago, PaulMac said:

Same here march 19th. No updates or news, and i bet won't get any for another week or two. They do the later ones now, so they could show 7.5month as longest time on their websites, meanwhile the middle ones are screwed.

Yeah m having exactly same feel...m not expecting anything this week even :(

Timeline
2 hours ago, Knome said:

Thank you--that makes sense. I guess that's why they extended the processing times on the USCIS website from 7 months to 7.5 :(

Timeline
1 hour ago, Chrissy&Chris said:

Noa1 March 26 

Noa2 September 27

cant believe it, it’s so real now :)) 

hope you guys get your noa2 soon. 

CONGRATULATIONS!!! So exciting for you and your soon to be spouse :) it is giving me a sense of hope (just a little!) 

2 hours ago, PaulMac said:

Highly doubt that's true but that's your opinion not mine. Each case stands on its own and each background is based on the individual and their country. Some will be shorter others will take longer. JMO

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.