pontof

March 2018 I-129f Filers

2,295 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
1 hour ago, BJ & Christine said:

Have to read TOS of app/site. If it states in there they do not charge a fee then you should be ok.

or u can contact them and have them prove they r not a imb. 

Always better to to be safe then sorry later. If I were u I’d contact them and provide proof there are not a imb.

good luck

They charge a fee for “premium services” like “power likes,” having more access to photos and things like that. But the general use off the app is free where you’re only able to talk to the person if you both “swiped right” to like. That’s how we met. I feel like providing the terms of service will suffice and I’ll highlight information. But I’ll also email them to see if they can give me an official response. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Kasandrakris said:

I am in the same boat

Yeah .. it really does suck but I suppose it’s better than still saying “case received” 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, Alan&Alex said:

Got the RFE. They want proof the dating app we met through is not an IMB. 

So I’ve already printed the sites terms of services. The app did not charge a fee and is not specific to internationals. Should I highlight something from the terms of services or just send it as is? Do I need to get anything from the apps maker (if even possible) to state they are not an IMB? 

The RFE defined a IMB as attached. I didn’t pay anything and it’s based on who’s around you (very Tinder like). So I assume it’s definitley not a IMB right?

9D75D767-896D-4D87-BD14-FBB85CA43EA9.jpeg

Ohh is that means v r going to get an RFE on same reason ...v dint mentioned anything abt the site v met in our petition too...pls let us know wat response you will b sending in reply to this..tht wud b of great help

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Knome said:

Ohh is that means v r going to get an RFE on same reason ...v dint mentioned anything abt the site v met in our petition too...pls let us know wat response you will b sending in reply to this..tht wud b of great help

Depends to your Adjudicator. Every person handling the case is different.. Just because one is having an RFE for an IMBRA doesn’t mean you’ll be having too. 😊😊😊

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lucy&Jason said:

Depends to your Adjudicator. Every person handling the case is different.. Just because one is having an RFE for an IMBRA doesn’t mean you’ll be having too. 😊😊😊

Yeah true bt our case has not  been updated long now its evn more than 6.5 months and all sorts of things coming to my mind... Shall v call thm up to know our case status?

And v hav almost same typ of case as that of @Alan&Alexaround same dates so tht is the first thing coming that watever thy r going thru...we will b next one 

Edited by Knome

Timeline
2 hours ago, Alan&Alex said:

I feel like providing the terms of service will suffice and I’ll highlight information. 

Yes this will suffice. And you are right. If you can contact the Admin. Of the site to give you a statement that you really met there, the better. Don’t forget to make cover letter. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Knome said:

Yeah true bt our case has not  been updated long now its evn more than 6.5 months and all sorts of things coming to my mind... Shall v call thm up to know our case status? 

Don’t worry. You are still within normal processing time.. But a call to Uscis won’t hurt your case. But i guess you’ll be given the same answer of “you are still within processing time”. Worrying is really part of this journey.. if you can stay away from VisaJourney for a while, that will help you ease a bit of your anxiety..

Timeline
Just now, Lucy&Jason said:

Yes this will suffice. And you are right. If you can contact the Admin. Of the site to give you a statement that you really met there, the better. Don’t forget to make cover letter. 

U know even before sending i129 f petition ...v tried to contact the site admiin (the dating site we met t) thru mail ..it was already thr in our mind ..but v got no reply from the site admin and at same tym i read that ...we shud not mention anything abt IMB unless asked ..so v dropped that idea of attaching additional docs related to site being IMB or not

Timeline
Just now, Knome said:

U know even before sending i129 f petition ...v tried to contact the site admiin (the dating site we met t) thru mail ..it was already thr in our mind ..but v got no reply from the site admin and at same tym i read that ...we shud not mention anything abt IMB unless asked ..so v dropped that idea of attaching additional docs related to site being IMB or not

Not a problem at all. If your adjudicator ain’t satisfied with what you stated there, they will let you know. I have a friend who has the same situation as you. They met on a dating site but they didn’t mention what kind of dating site. And they got approved wihout an RFE

Timeline
1 minute ago, Lucy&Jason said:

Not a problem at all. If your adjudicator ain’t satisfied with what you stated there, they will let you know. I have a friend who has the same situation as you. They met on a dating site but they didn’t mention what kind of dating site. And they got approved wihout an RFE

Thanks let see ...how it goes...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey all. 
Been a silent lurker here for a long time. 
NOA1 March 23rd (28th new site 🙄)
Just got an RFE notice today on the old site. No changes shown on the new site. 
Bummer, but at least they touched our case. 

K1 & K2:
I129f Sent: March 23, 2018

NOA1: March 29, 2018
RFE: September 29, 2018
RFE reply: October 12, 2018 (Re-sent USC birth certificate and beneficiary's divorce certificate)
NOA2: November 03, 2018 (219 days from NOA1)
NVC Received: November 23, 2018 (20 days from NOA2)

NVC Case Number: December 07, 2018 (14 days from NVC received)
NVC Left: December 26, 2018 (19 days from NVC case number)
Consulate Received: December 31, 2018 (5 days from NVC left)
CEAC status 'Ready': January 7, 2019 (7 days from consulate received)
P3 Sent: January 14, 2019 (7 days from 'Ready')
P4 Received: February 1, 2019 (18 days from P3 sent)
Interview: March 13, 2019- APPROVED! (40 days from P4; 349 days from NOA1)
Visa in Hand: June 3, 2019 (82 days since interview)

(Guaranteed delivery date March 21, 2019- Canada Post "lost" my package)
                               Passports/Visas officially declared "lost": April 15, 2019 (33 days since interview)
                               Reapply for new passports: April 16, 2019 (34 days since interview)

Received New Passports: April 29, 2019 (47 days since interview)
                               New Passports Delivered to Consulate: May 2, 2019 (50 days since interview)
                               USC Contacted State Senator to request inquiry: May 23, 2019 (71 days since interview)

POE: June 20, 2019
Marriage: August 13, 2019

AOS

I-485, I-765, I-131 Sent: September 9, 2019
I-485, I-765, I-131 NOA1: September 16, 2019
I-485, I-165 Biometrics: October 10, 2019
I-485 Case update- ready to be scheduled for interview : November 8, 2019

I-485 Case update- Interview has been scheduled: November 13, 2019 (Dallas, Tx)
Interview:

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi all,

Also no news here.. 189days..

noa 1 old site March 26

noa 1 new site March 29

Hopefully some more movement next week?!

Wish you all a lovely Sunday :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 9/29/2018 at 6:56 PM, Rayapig said:

I have received a response from one person so far on how long it took to receive a response from the USCIS after sending their paperwork for the RFE. Can anyone else tell me your experience with sending your info after sending the RFE-- and how long it took for approval/to receive your NOA2? Also did everyone that received an RFE also get a response back from the USCIS when they received your corrected/updated paperwork for the RFE? I am just wondering if I should expect to hear from them once they receive my paperwork.

They will update your case that they have received your RFE response, they received mine sept 12 and then got approved sept 20. It varies though. 

Hope this helps!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
17 hours ago, Alan&Alex said:

Got the RFE. They want proof the dating app we met through is not an IMB. 

So I’ve already printed the sites terms of services. The app did not charge a fee and is not specific to internationals. Should I highlight something from the terms of services or just send it as is? Do I need to get anything from the apps maker (if even possible) to state they are not an IMB? 

The RFE defined a IMB as attached. I didn’t pay anything and it’s based on who’s around you (very Tinder like). So I assume it’s definitley not a IMB right?

Hi @Alan&Alex, we met through a similar app and we just attached the Terms and Conditions and explanation that it is a geographical based app that is not specifically for linking US nationals with foreign citizens, rather it is open to all people and that it generally doesn't charge a fee. We did highlight in our explanation the paragraph that explained what the app's aims were.  We didn't get an RFE in the end. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
11 hours ago, Lucy&Jason said:

Yea. We have friends that say they put they met online without details and didn’t get a RFE either. Maybe most officers would rather not open the can of worms. Haha. But because I mentioned the specific service/app, they were obligated to inquire. I wish I had just said online or had read about including terms of service before I submitted. But in the end, it seems to not be a big deal and hopefully we’ll see our approval within a couple weeks! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.