pontof

March 2018 I-129f Filers

2,295 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Stivendepr said:

How long is the wait to get the paper approval? We were approved on the 24th of September. 

2-3 weeks.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

7 hours ago, Rayapig said:

Hi there guys! I am just wondering for anyone who has received and RFE and also then got response to that RFE-- how long did it take for them to review your updated application and get an approval? I am reading it can take up to another 90 days to hear back from the USCIS. But I'm wondering what people here have experienced so far. The only thing my application was missing was a box was not checked on my criminal history. That's it. Thanks!

Most people who have responded to an RFE can, however, expect further action by USCIS within about 60 days. If you don't receive a response or update within 94 days since USCIS originally sent you the RFE, it's a good idea to call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

FYI

When you receive an RFE (Request For Evidence) the best way to handle the RFE is to read it carefully. Do ONLY what it says. DON"T add tons and tons of unnecessary documents. It's not needed and will NOT help your case. The adjudicator has already made up their mind about your case and if you do what they ask then they are going to approve your case. Of course if something in your past is hanging up the approval, hence the RFE then what you return will answer the question(s) that the Adjudicator has.

I'll give you an example. Recently a couple had filed a I-129f and they received an RFE because a question was not answered. The question was "have you ever been arrested" or something near that. Forgetting about a expunge case in his youth he thought he was being honest and said "no". Well the RFE was returned and the adjudicator denied the case because it answered the question "no" when he should have answered it "yes" because of the expunge case that he forgot about. So, he had to return back to his fiancé's country, marry her, and then return to process a visa for her under the I-130 which is a CR-1 visa (spousal visa).

Also, sign your RFE where it ask and if it doesn't ask then sign the copy of the RFE that you will be returning. Sometimes they ask and sometimes they don't. We had a case here not too long ago where someone forgot to sign the RFE when requested and BINGO.... Denied! So sign even if it doesn't ask for it.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
7 hours ago, G&E said:

Hey guys I been seeing a lot of approvals, so I was checking a few times a day to see if there was any updates on my case but nothing, so I decided to call and guess what my case was approved since the 24th 😁 I didn’t get the text or email and my case still shows as received.

NOA1 

3/28

NOA2

9/24

wish you all good luck 

What number did you call?

3 hours ago, Stivendepr said:

How long is the wait to get the paper approval? We were approved on the 24th of September. 

We were approved on the 21st Sept and received the hard copy on the 25th Sept but all cases vary 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
On 9/27/2018 at 5:48 AM, datnukkahd said:

NOA1 old site - March 23rd

NOA1 new site - March 28t!

Checked back up on here to see whats up with other March filers and I'm happy to see them going through around the same time that I filed!

Patiently waiting :) 

ahhhh same dates :D waiting....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
14 hours ago, Rayapig said:

Hi there guys! I am just wondering for anyone who has received and RFE and also then got response to that RFE-- how long did it take for them to review your updated application and get an approval? I am reading it can take up to another 90 days to hear back from the USCIS. But I'm wondering what people here have experienced so far. The only thing my application was missing was a box was not checked on my criminal history. That's it. Thanks!

13 hours ago, Alan&Alex said:

I've read that it's typically a couple weeks for simple RFEs. Waiting for mine to arrive in the mail to test that  😕 

Mine Got Approved after 23days..

Timeline
On 9/27/2018 at 12:39 PM, Mez274 said:

Well thats why im asking because once the website says march 5th as "receipt date for case enquiry" i can submit an enquiry as it would have been 210 days / 7 months with no reply and out of normal processing times right? That feature is there for a reason? Or is it just another ploy to make people feel like were being listened to....?

20 hours ago, BananaButton5 said:

It's a ploy. I've only seen people report the same exact generic answer "you will hear something within 45 days", then if they haven't heard by then they usually get their senator involved. Worst case scenario, a couple people have filed lawsuits when the time gets near or exceeds a year from filing date.  We have the same NOA1, and I don't think at this time I'm planning on filing an inquiry, because I know it will only serve as further frustration when I get that generic answer.  

No it isn’t. That will be a helpful tool for you to know/have some update about your case especially you are already out of processing time. Once you submit the online inquiry, You will be receiving an email on when the expected date they will respond to you. And that response can be sooner than their given specific date. Most likely a response from them is a *Notice of Action. Do use the tools that’s available. It can help us save our Sanity in this process..

*RFE, Approval, NOID

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Chiming in on recent approval.  Old site showed approved yesterday 9/27, new site still said received.  This morning, both sites show approved.

Old site:  Received  3/22/2018, Approved 9/27/2018

New site:  Received 3/27/2018, Approved 9/27/2018

Good luck to everyone that is still waiting.

Congratulations on you approval.. we were approved on the same date..

Edited by Lucy&Jason

13 minutes ago, Lucy&Jason said:

Congratulations on you approval.. we were approved on the same date..

Congratulations to you too! And thanks! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello, I am wondering why the current processing times in VISAJOURNET don't change anymore? It s been more than 4 days that there is no change in the dates 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lucy&Jason said:

Mine Got Approved after 23days..

Just to clarify-- are you referring to your RFE? After you sent it in you got an approval after 23 days? Did they let you know when they received it in the mail also like they tell you the NOA1 date or you just wait to hear the approval?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.