2,253 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Any idea how long does it take after for uscis to make a decision. I just received an email saying they have began working on the case. rfe response was received in aug. any idea 

CBD8DE0E-71BA-4E26-9EC7-CF636030C310.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Latvia
Timeline
10 hours ago, OmSaiRam24 said:

Any idea how long does it take after for uscis to make a decision. I just received an email saying they have began working on the case. rfe response was received in aug. any idea 

CBD8DE0E-71BA-4E26-9EC7-CF636030C310.jpeg

Two weeks for me. Has it been 17 month for you already??

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lanala said:

Two weeks for me. Has it been 17 month for you already??

I has been 17.5 months. Was your to texas too???

Timeline
6 minutes ago, OmSaiRam88 said:

I has been 17.5 months. Was your to texas too???

No, all mine happened in CA. I waited 14.5 months with no news, then they requested fingerprints, in two weeks after that they requested marriage rfe, two weeks after that they approved. So, 16 months in total. This is horrible and I feel bad for you .

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 9/17/2019 at 1:15 PM, Dan&Carol said:

both will happen same day. your ROC and N-400 interview :)

Unfortunately, I had the same problem I went to my N-400 interview in march 5 and I passed all the test, but they have to wait until my I-751 is approved to move forward with my N-400, I got an RFE that I send it back two weeks ago sep 15 and I’m still waiting. Good luck 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
21 hours ago, Johny1988 said:

Unfortunately, I had the same problem I went to my N-400 interview in march 5 and I passed all the test, but they have to wait until my I-751 is approved to move forward with my N-400, I got an RFE that I send it back two weeks ago sep 15 and I’m still waiting. Good luck 

I was informed by uscis officer that since I filed N-400 already both interviews "might" happen same day. because file will be consolidated.

but that didn't happen. my GC came in couple of weeks ago (no interview) and now pending naturalization.

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 7:16 PM, Dan&Carol said:

👍

@Dan&Carol Congratulations on your approval. Were you at any point transferred to the NBC?
Thanks

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just sharing this... I submitted my RFE documents last Wednesday (10/2), then realized the following day that I did not include the original RFE notice. So, I called USCIS right away to ask for advice. I was told by the agent I spoke to that "it happens" and not to worry especially since I included my case number on the cover letter anyway. I was told that if they need more information, they would contact me anyway. I think the agent's response would have been a little different if I didn't include the case number on my cover letter. Earlier today (10/4), I received an email notification about a change of status for my file, indicating that the my response to their RFE has been received. I guess there was no issue matching my RFE documents to my file. I just hope not having the original RFE notice wouldn't cause any issue. My 18-month extension letter will be expiring on 11/25/2019, so I'm hoping to hear back from them soon.  

So my 18 months extension letter is expired. I tried to make an appointment twice and I was told that my local office would give me a call back but I have not received any calls yet. Now I decided to send in my N-400 application, So I am sending:

- The N-400 form

- Check of  $725 fee 

- Copy of US spouse passport page

- Copy of front and back of my GC

- IRS transcripts of 2016- 2017-2018.

How does my application sound? should I add any more documents? I followed the guidelines and it seems like they are not asking for much. Just double checking! 
Thank you all!

Timeline
9 minutes ago, The212 said:

So my 18 months extension letter is expired. I tried to make an appointment twice and I was told that my local office would give me a call back but I have not received any calls yet. Now I decided to send in my N-400 application, So I am sending:

- The N-400 form

- Check of  $725 fee 

How does my application sound? should I add any more documents? I followed the guidelines and it seems like they are not asking for much. Just double checking! 
Thank you all!

Send as to mail it? I did mine online, so much better . I could see biometrics letter and print it out if needed before the actual one arrived. I can add more docs instantaneously if needed. Just feels more in control. And sorry about the EL, what a mess!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
2 hours ago, The212 said:

- The N-400 form

- Check of  $725 fee 

Thank you all!

That sounds scary, my fear is for my letter to expire and become "out of status". If I were you, I would go to an office and try to get that stamp. But I might be wrong.

23 hours ago, FerchoGnz said:

That sounds scary, my fear is for my letter to expire and become "out of status". If I were you, I would go to an office and try to get that stamp. But I might be wrong.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah it is stressful to be in this situation. They told me on the phone that unless I am traveling abroad I should not really worry. So we shall see. 

On 10/6/2019 at 1:38 PM, Lanala said:

Send as to mail it? I did mine online, so much better . I could see biometrics letter and print it out if needed before the actual one arrived. I can add more docs instantaneously if needed. Just feels more in control. And sorry about the EL, what a mess!

I would love to do it online. I just could not fill in some parts of the form. For example, the USCIS on top of every paged can't be filled in using the computer that is why I decided to print the form and do it by hand. How were you able to do that?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.