2,253 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Brian05 said:

California here too and still waiting as well. Biometrics completed just two weeks ago, so I guess I still have a while to go. I think I will only start worrying when my 18-month extension is nearing its expiry date (end of November 2019). 

Thanks for replying: even if the extension letter expires, we will still be in legal status as we have a pending application. Mine expires on December. I pray we don’t get another extension letter. 

4 hours ago, Brian05 said:

California here too and still waiting as well. Biometrics completed just two weeks ago, so I guess I still have a while to go. I think I will only start worrying when my 18-month extension is nearing its expiry date (end of November 2019). 

My extension is expiring end of Oct. nothing happened since biometric 7 weeks ago. Still waiting.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I’m glad to see that my status changed from “biometrics completed” to “request for evidence mailed”. Of course, I would have preferred to see “card mailed” but I’ll take the new status. For me, it just means that the file is not stagnant  :) 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
15 hours ago, ZJoburg said:

Thanks for replying: even if the extension letter expires, we will still be in legal status as we have a pending application. Mine expires on December. I pray we don’t get another extension letter. 

california here and given biometrics in may 2019 and no reply since then.

extension letter till sep 2019 so like 2 months more. 

applied naturalization july first week and got bio metrics appointment in two weeks.

are you sure that we are still in legal status even if extension letter expires ?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Dan&Carol said:

applied naturalization july first week and got bio metrics appointment in two weeks.

are you sure that we are still in legal status even if extension letter expires ?

My understanding is if that extension letter expires, we wouldn’t be able to work legally and our stay in the US would no longer be legal. I’m pretty sure (well, I’m being optimistic) that they would send another extension if they think the process would take longer than 18 months. 

Edited by Brian05

Just now, Brian05 said:

My understanding is if that extension letter expires, we wouldn’t be able to work legally and our stay in the US would no longer be legal. I’m pretty sure (we’ll, I’m being optimistic) that they would send another extension if they think the process would take longer than 18 months. 

I believe we will still be in legal stay, we just wouldn’t have a way to prove it. If it looks like your extension letter is going to expire, as I expect mine will before I see a green card, you should go to your local office and get a stamp in your passport. I don’t believe USCIS will issue a second extension and I certainly wouldn’t rely on them to be reviewing files that are close to expiration.

Adjusted status from VWP

Met in London October 2011

Married 10/9/15

AOS submitted 10/26/15

RFE (2014 tax transcript) received 11/21/15

EAD/AP received 1/25/16

Interview & approval 4/22/16

ROC submitted 3/6/18

NOA received 3/13/18

Biometrics 5/4/18

18 month extension received 8/13/18

N-400 submitted 1/22/19!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, nereides said:

I believe we will still be in legal stay, we just wouldn’t have a way to prove it. If it looks like your extension letter is going to expire, as I expect mine will before I see a green card, you should go to your local office and get a stamp in your passport. I don’t believe USCIS will issue a second extension and I certainly wouldn’t rely on them to be reviewing files that are close to expiration.

Mine is actually a second extension. If I get another extension, that would be my third. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Dan&Carol said:

Yes you still have legal status. It does not change until USCIS makes a decision. If you're worried, get the I551 stamp in your passport.

Good luck to all who are still waiting! Hope things speed up very soon for you.

AOS

Spoiler

Feb. 4 2016: Mailed package to Chicago lockbox

Feb. 8 2016: AOS received by Chicago lockbox
Feb. 15 2016: NOA1 email

Feb. 26 2016: NOA1 hard copies

Feb. 29 2016: Biometrics letter

Mar. 7 2016: Biometrics done

Mar. 15 2016: RFIE for I-485 email

Mar. 29 2016: Response to RFIE was received

Apr. 8 2016: Second RFIE

Apr. 20 2016: Response to RFIE was received

Apr. 28 2016: AP approved

May 6 2016: Interview notice

May 23 2016: AP hard copy

June 13 2016: Interview, approved!! Online status changed to My Card Is Being Produced

June 14 2016: Online status changed to My Case Was Approved

June 17 2016: Online status changed to My Card Was Mailed To Me

June 18 2016: Green card received

ROC

Spoiler

Mar. 19, 2018: Mailed I-751 to CSC

Mar. 20, 2018: I-751 delivered to CSC

Mar. 26 2018: NOA date

Mar. 30, 2018: Received NOA

May 11, 2018: Reuse of biometrics notice date

April 23, 2019: Case approved

April 30, 2019: Card received

Naturalization

Sept. 25, 2020: submitted N-400 online (Estimated Case Completion: May 2021 (8 months))

Oct. 3, 2020: NOA received by mail

Apr. 17, 2021: biometrics re-use letter 

May 3, 2021: interview scheduled for June 4

3 minutes ago, Brian05 said:

Mine is actually a second extension. If I get another extension, that would be my third. 

Mine is also a second extension, if we are counting the initial 12 month and then the 18 month as two extensions. They didn’t wait for the first 12 month to expire though - I would be surprised if they are competently keeping track of when everyone’s extensions will expire.

Adjusted status from VWP

Met in London October 2011

Married 10/9/15

AOS submitted 10/26/15

RFE (2014 tax transcript) received 11/21/15

EAD/AP received 1/25/16

Interview & approval 4/22/16

ROC submitted 3/6/18

NOA received 3/13/18

Biometrics 5/4/18

18 month extension received 8/13/18

N-400 submitted 1/22/19!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Latvia
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Brian05 said:

I’m glad to see that my status changed from “biometrics completed” to “request for evidence mailed”. Of course, I would have preferred to see “card mailed” but I’ll take the new status. For me, it just means that the file is not stagnant  :) 

They received my RFE this Monday... let’s see how long it takes to see some motion 

26 minutes ago, Dan&Carol said:

If you are unsure, you can take a trip to your local office and request a stamp closer to when the letter expires. That stamp is good for another year and permits you to work and travel.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Petes30 said:

If you are unsure, you can take a trip to your local office and request a stamp closer to when the letter expires. That stamp is good for another year and permits you to work and travel.

The infopass process has been closed.

How do you approach ?

whats the process to approach and get the I-551 stamp ?

6 minutes ago, Dan&Carol said:

The infopass process has been closed.

How do you approach ?

whats the process to approach and get the I-551 stamp ?

you would have to call the 800 number and just explain the situation, your extension letter is expiring and your are worried about your work etc.  they will then take your contact information and someone from your local office will call you to set up an appointment (my husband recently did this).

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Petes30 said:

you would have to call the 800 number and just explain the situation, your extension letter is expiring and your are worried about your work etc.  they will then take your contact information and someone from your local office will call you to set up an appointment (my husband recently did this).

Thank you Petes30!

I will follow this process and keep everyone posted.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.