dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2018

2,156 posts in this topic

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

interviews will depend on how backed up the embassy is in that country, I heard that Mexico is very backed up with interviews but I could be wrong, they say it takes 11 weeks from when they receive the papers, but most have taken about 3

3 weeks to review documents?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Just now, ICM said:

3 weeks to review documents?

yes but can take as much as 11, that is what they say is the max, when I called NVC to ask another question I asked this yesterday and the lady on the phone who had been there a long time said she has seen it happen in as little as 3 weeks, but that the interview will all depend on what the embassy in that country has, and they only get updated listed of open slots once a month.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Khallaf said:

yes but can take as much as 11, that is what they say is the max, when I called NVC to ask another question I asked this yesterday and the lady on the phone who had been there a long time said she has seen it happen in as little as 3 weeks, but that the interview will all depend on what the embassy in that country has, and they only get updated listed of open slots once a month.

Thank you

Can someone please help me and tell me if any of you have been in this situation. My petition has been approved on January 16, 2018. NVC received it Feb 13. I have been calling everyday and kept getting the same message that they received it on Feb 13 but don't have an NVC number yet. But this morning when I called an agent told me that my petition is not even received and that they can't find it anywhere . I called again and gave them my receipt number (USCIS) and was told the same thing again that my petition has not ever been received by NVC. But before this I called everyday and was told that my petition has been received on February 13, 2018 and I even have an email from NVC stating that . Can someone please help me and tell me that somehow this is a mistake by NVC and that they did not lose my petition. I am seriously going crazy and don't know what to do anymore. :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
13 hours ago, Nani & lizzy said:

My Status Changed it says At NVC my scan date was FEB 23rd  and I Called NVC today and the supervisor said my Case was Complete.

Scan date FEB 23rd  

Case Complete March 15 exactly 3 weeks 

Congratulations 

4 minutes ago, SME2017 said:

Can someone please help me and tell me if any of you have been in this situation. My petition has been approved on January 16, 2018. NVC received it Feb 13. I have been calling everyday and kept getting the same message that they received it on Feb 13 but don't have an NVC number yet. But this morning when I called an agent told me that my petition is not even received and that they can't find it anywhere . I called again and gave them my receipt number (USCIS) and was told the same thing again that my petition has not ever been received by NVC. But before this I called everyday and was told that my petition has been received on February 13, 2018 and I even have an email from NVC stating that . Can someone please help me and tell me that somehow this is a mistake by NVC and that they did not lose my petition. I am seriously going crazy and don't know what to do anymore. :(

I believe that must be a mistake. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Hypekicks said:

Scan 1 by 1 sheet and put them in a folder and try uploading them like that to the website. When I sent my documents to NVC I was worried that a document would get misplaced. So on the right hand side on the top I wrote my case number starting with the letters amd #s "CDJ##########" on each of the pages I sent to NVC. ✉ 📮

Did you mail or upload? I don't think I can upload a folder...only individual documents.

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

2 minutes ago, Flordj said:

I believe that must be a mistake. 

Do you think it is? I even talked to a supervisor and he does not know what is going on..all they know is that they don't have my petition anymore. I am just hoping that they didn't lose it or delete it. This has been the most stressful process. God help us. :(:(:( 

1 minute ago, SME2017 said:

Do you think it is? I even talked to a supervisor and he does not know what is going on..all they know is that they don't have my petition anymore. I am just hoping that they didn't lose it or delete it. This has been the most stressful process. God help us. :(:(:( 

Yes and in this case I think you should contact your congress man if they can't give you a reasonable answer. Afterall they sent you an email that proves they received your petition.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
3 minutes ago, H&H. said:

why did u sign the tax transcript? i just downloaded it and was planning on uploading it the same without adding anything....

Same here, I just scanned the transcripts...didn't add anything. But before I changed the dpi on my scanner the transcript files were too big...now they are fine. But I didn't write anything on them. Are we supposed too?

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
40 minutes ago, ICM said:

Hello we are sending our ds 260 and sponser documents Tuesday after that do you get a scan date? How do you check when they scan your documents? How long are theh currently taking to CC and give interviews? Thanks sorry for to many questions

You have to call NVC to confirm whether they received your mailed documents and the date they did. That date is your scan date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
6 minutes ago, truelove29 said:

Did you mail or upload? I don't think I can upload a folder...only individual documents.

Mail.

Did you try uploading a folder with your documents. Uploading something to a website should be easy. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.