dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2018

2,156 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

I am about to see my husband soon in egypt, so I made a copy of what I am sending to NVC and put it into a binder for him with all the original documents, in case they feel the need to ask for more things, I only sent 2017/2016 tax returns, but gave him the 2014/2015 copy also, so I need to send two envelopes in one package?

Yeah two envelopes in 1 package , one for AOS documents one for IV 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 hours ago, seewolves said:

My checklist came and, amazingly, had nothing to do with the AOS but with the IV. Wasn't expecting that! 

But I need some advice: the checklist says they need me to send a police certificate from the Netherlands (where I currently live). But I *did* send that in the package. So does that mean they lost it? Should I call? 

Call, ask for a supervisor review, sometime they can locate it in the system. Meanwhile they do their research, you have no choice but to send another one.

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
17 minutes ago, seewolves said:

What's weird is I just called to double check with them and the NVC rep said I *didn't* need to send my certificate again but take it to my interview. 

For full context, they asked for a different verison of my birth certificate as well. The rep said I did need to send my birth certificate but did not have to re-send the police certificate. 

But then the letter says this: 

______3 - BIRTH CERTIFICATE:_______________________________________
We cannot accept the birth certificate document you sent. You must send us the correct document so we
can continue to process your case. To see the guidelines for your document, go to our website at
nvc.state.gov/find. Select your country from the main menu on the left side of the page. The next page
will be your country's "Reciprocity Schedule."

Click on "Birth, Death, Burial Certificates" on the bottom. This will take you to a page with the exact
requirements for the type of birth certificate you must submit to NVC.
If your documents are not in English or the language of the country where you will have your interview,
you must include a certified translation. The translation must include a statement that says:
* the translation is accurate
* the translator is competent to translate.

3 - Birth Certificate - “The document submitted does not fulfill the necessary requirements. Please submit a "long-form" birth
certificate.”

______10 - NETHERLANDS POLICE CERTIFICATE:_________________________
Netherlands Police Certificate: Available: Please send us a police certificate so we can continue to
process your case. To see the guidelines for your document, go to our website at nvc.state.gov/find.
Select your country from the menu on the left side of the page. The next page will be your country's
"Reciprocity Schedule."

Click on "Police, Court, Prison Records" on the bottom. This will take you to a page with the exact
requirements for the type of police certificate you must submit to NVC.

If your documents are not in English or the language of the country where you will have your interview,
you must include a certified translation. The translation must include a statement that says:

* the translation is accurate
* the translator is competent to translate.

According to that enable don't see anywhere that you don't have to send PCC but take to interview , 

Since you'll be sending birth certificate anyway , I would send PCC too 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Latvia
Timeline
Just now, harsh2010 said:

According to that enable don't see anywhere that you don't have to send PCC but take to interview , 

Since you'll be sending birth certificate anyway , I would send PCC too 

Indeed, figure I'll send both just to be sure. Thanks! 

Hopefully I am as insanely lucky the second time around: only took from Marc 1 - 15 to get the checklist. :)

Timeline
1 hour ago, truelove29 said:

But then how do I send the I-864? It's 12 pages long...am I supposed to upload 12 separate documents? The directions say that if the document is multiple pages, to create one file with multiple pages.

my other issue is with the I-864...when I print it, the big bar codes on the bottom don't print. So those are missing from my scanned files. Do those need to be there or will NVC not accept my forms without the bar codes on the bottom of each page??

i think they would prefer one doc but u can call and ask. i would assume the whole page should be there including the bar codes. u dont want them coming back because portion of page is missing. 

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Timeline

all pivot folks, truelove brought up a good point for people using the ceac website to upload everything. we will need to print some pages and sign them and scan them again to upload which might cause increased file size (over 2mb) so better to plan and ahead be prepared......

Edited by H&H.

1/10/18 - NOA2

4/16/18 - Case complete

Timeline

i noticed both i864 and i864ez forms from uscis website say expires on 07/31/2017 on top right corner but theres no new version. can we still use them....? 

1/10/18 - NOA2

4/16/18 - Case complete

25 minutes ago, H&H. said:

i noticed both i864 and i864ez forms from uscis website say expires on 07/31/2017 on top right corner but theres no new version. can we still use them....? 

Yes, you can still use them. I called the NVC to ask the same question when I was preparing my documents. That is the latest version available.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
31 minutes ago, H&H. said:

all pivot folks, truelove brought up a good point for people using the ceac website to upload everything. we will need to print some pages and sign them and scan them again to upload which might cause increased file size (over 2mb) so better to plan and ahead be prepared......

So I was able to lower the dpi on my scanner & now the docs are small enough. I did some research on the bar code & it says that the bar code will only read typed information. So if it's handwritten in, then they can't use the bar code. I read that they will accept docs with or without the barcode...but I would love to hear firsthand from someone if they uploaded the I-864 without the bar code...did NVC accept it??

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

2 hours ago, truelove29 said:

But then how do I send the I-864? It's 12 pages long...am I supposed to upload 12 separate documents? The directions say that if the document is multiple pages, to create one file with multiple pages.

my other issue is with the I-864...when I print it, the big bar codes on the bottom don't print. So those are missing from my scanned files. Do those need to be there or will NVC not accept my forms without the bar codes on the bottom of each page??

Which barcode is that? Mine has no barcode at all even on my computer or when I print it out. Is it okay to be without barcode? Does anyone has a problem when submit the form without barcode? PLEASE HELP!!

NSC

NOA1: 03 JUL 2017

NOA2: 31 JAN 2018

NVC RECEIVED: FEB 15 2018

CASE #: MAR 21 2018

DS261: MAR 24 2018

AOS PAY: MAR 27 2018, "PAID" MAR 29 2018

IV PAY: MAR 29 2018

SD: APR 05 2018

CC: APR 17 2018

Timeline
1 minute ago, truelove29 said:

So I was able to lower the dpi on my scanner & now the docs are small enough. I did some research on the bar code & it says that the bar code will only read typed information. So if it's handwritten in, then they can't use the bar code. I read that they will accept docs with or without the barcode...but I would love to hear firsthand from someone if they uploaded the I-864 without the bar code...did NVC accept it??

yeah my i864 i dont see a barcode 

1/10/18 - NOA2

4/16/18 - Case complete

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Tkim said:

Which barcode is that? Mine has no barcode at all even on my computer or when I print it out. Is it okay to be without barcode? Does anyone has a problem when submit the form without barcode? PLEASE HELP!!

When I downloaded the form, I see the 2D barcode, but when I print it I don't see it. I'm hoping it's ok without it...I'd just like to hear from someone that it's ok!! This is so stressful!

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Timeline

Hello we are sending our ds 260 and sponser documents Tuesday after that do you get a scan date? How do you check when they scan your documents? How long are theh currently taking to CC and give interviews? Thanks sorry for to many questions

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, truelove29 said:

Scan 1 by 1 sheet and put them in a folder and try uploading them like that to the website. When I sent my documents to NVC I was worried that a document would get misplaced. So on the right hand side on the top I wrote my case number starting with the letters amd #s "CDJ##########" on each of the pages I sent to NVC. ✉ 📮

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
3 minutes ago, ICM said:

Hello we are sending our ds 260 and sponser documents Tuesday after that do you get a scan date? How do you check when they scan your documents? How long are theh currently taking to CC and give interviews? Thanks sorry for to many questions

interviews will depend on how backed up the embassy is in that country, I heard that Mexico is very backed up with interviews but I could be wrong, they say it takes 11 weeks from when they receive the papers, but most have taken about 3

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.