dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2018

2,156 posts in this topic

Just now, Joann_18 said:

I’m not sure how you guys know if it’s a pivot case or not. My understanding we will know about that only in welcome letter. We didn’t pick embassy yet, it’s about 5 of them in a country so when time comes I guess we just pick one with shorter waiting time. I saw some people from this forum getting numbers for their pivot cases in 3 weeks so I don’t know if it’s really affecting case number.

Which country?there is a list somewhere. I don’t think u get to pick embassy.

I don’t think anyone with pivot cases have been getting numbers lately.  The last I saw was Jan. 8th and got it after 6 weeks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, aywang said:

Which country?there is a list somewhere. I don’t think u get to pick embassy.

I don’t think anyone with pivot cases have been getting numbers lately.  The last I saw was Jan. 8th and got it after 6 weeks.

Well, it’s 1 embassy obviously and few consulates for interview. So I was talking about pick a consulate in a city which closer or easier to get to. Canada has a bunch, Russia has 4 or 5.

You technically can pick embassy even not in your home country, but it will take them little longer to transfer your case. 

19 minutes ago, Joann_18 said:

Well, it’s 1 embassy obviously and few consulates for interview. So I was talking about pick a consulate in a city which closer or easier to get to. Canada has a bunch, Russia has 4 or 5.

You technically can pick embassy even not in your home country, but it will take them little longer to transfer your case. 

You have to have a consulate assign before you get your case number. Because the first 3 letters of the case number represent the consulate where your case is taking care of.

NSC

NOA1: 03 JUL 2017

NOA2: 31 JAN 2018

NVC RECEIVED: FEB 15 2018

CASE #: MAR 21 2018

DS261: MAR 24 2018

AOS PAY: MAR 27 2018, "PAID" MAR 29 2018

IV PAY: MAR 29 2018

SD: APR 05 2018

CC: APR 17 2018

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Tkim said:

You have to have a consulate assign before you get your case number. Because the first 3 letters of the case number represent the consulate where your case is taking care of.

For what type of visa?

40 minutes ago, Joann_18 said:

I’m not sure how you guys know if it’s a pivot case or not. My understanding we will know about that only in welcome letter. We didn’t pick embassy yet, it’s about 5 of them in a country so when time comes I guess we just pick one with shorter waiting time. I saw some people from this forum getting numbers for their pivot cases in 3 weeks so I don’t know if it’s really affecting case number.

I’m not sure who is the one with pivot case have their case number recently in 3 weeks. Those who have case number recently (as I know) are normal case and it took them around a month to get the case number (that is sad). A lot of pivot case are still waiting since Jan. Anyway good luck to you all :( and me too. Im waiting for mine as well.

NSC

1 minute ago, Joann_18 said:

For what type of visa?

Those who file I-130. There is a question on I-130 about the consulate.

NSC

4 minutes ago, Joann_18 said:

For what type of visa?

https://www.***removed***/immigrant-visa/nvc-case-number.html 

this is how they create case number

NSC

Timeline
Just now, Tkim said:

Those who file I-130. There is a question on I-130 about the consulate.

In our case I guess we don’t have to pick consulate before case number. It was never a question so they must be automatically will send it to home country. As much as my understanding, NVC it’s Washington DC. And only after they process everything in NVC they send it to appropriate consulate.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Tkim said:

Thanks. where I suppose to pick an embassy then. No one ever were asking us about that. 

3 minutes ago, Joann_18 said:

In our case I guess we don’t have to pick consulate before case number. It was never a question so they must be automatically will send it to home country. As much as my understanding, NVC it’s Washington DC. And only after they process everything in NVC they send it to appropriate consulate.

yes NVC is where they collect your fee and documents here in the US before they send them to appropriate consulate. To be able to do so they have to pick the consulate for you first before they give you a case number.

NSC

2 minutes ago, Joann_18 said:

Thanks. where I suppose to pick an embassy then. No one ever were asking us about that. 

I-130 question number 62. Part 4. 

If you did not pick one, nvc will choose one for you I guess.

NSC

Timeline
Just now, Tkim said:

I-130 question number 62. Part 4. 

If you did not pick one, nvc will choose one for you I guess.

Got it, thanks. Then just have to look, was so long time ago don’t remember what did we pick there. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Joann_18 said:

hm i think our country has 1 so we know its going there therefore pivot

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 3/9/2018 at 8:24 AM, KLOVEM said:

Good Morning,

If NVC send your case to the supervisior does it really push back your case a few weeks.

Did you let them send it to the supervisor or not for your case number?

Thanks

mine was sent to a supervisor 3 times, and I asked for a supervisor from that department to call me back. and that is when she told me it would be put in by thursday or Friday, but it got done late Wed night

Timeline
2 hours ago, Joann_18 said:

I’m so tired to wait for this case#. NVC received our case on January 24 and for me hard to believe it’s taking them so long. I was talking to supervisor, but she was mostly just yelling at me. Everyone saying we should have it this Monday, but I don’t understand the reason why exactly this Monday and not a previous one. Also thing which scares me what to do if we won’t have case# on Monday. 

we almost have same time since they received mine 1/25. i will keep u updated. i called yesterday and no case # so left # for supervisor to call me back. it went to supervisor feb 12 and im pivot case. 

Edited by H&H.

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.