dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2018

2,156 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Khallaf said:

I got my case # yesterday filled out the DS-261 and when I got up this am the welcome letter was in my email, and I am able to pay the AOS and DS-260 bills

good for you as I notice they had ur case 01/31 and u already have a case num. are you doing electronically?CEAC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uruguay
Timeline
11 hours ago, H&H. said:

yeah i wish someone told me this before i filed as separate. i spoke with so many tax professionals and told them what i was gonna do and nobody mentioned u cant do that and i did lots of research online too. but at the same time, getting itin is hard because u need original documents and my spouse will need passport for her interview or will delay it even more.

You don't need the original passport. You just need a certified copy. ITIN takes about 8 weeks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
13 hours ago, MrsKhan said:

I read that it's not required so i didn't get one. I asked someone who is from Pakistan and they have been scheduled their interview and they didn't send a police certificate and the embassy didn't ask for it either.  

That's great! Thank you very much for the info. Really appreciate it! :) 

Timeline
4 hours ago, nyrz01 said:

police report is not needed for pakistan at NVC or at the time of the interview.
you can look at earlier VJs who have done interview : 

That's great! Thank you so much. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline
18 hours ago, Khallaf said:

once they process the AOS fee, so prob Monday I got my welcome letter to this am and paid my fee

But my AOS fee changed status to paid, then my IV fee says pay now, but once I click in there I cant put the check mark on the IV fee. Why is that? Should I call NVC or it depends on the processing of the D261 processing form?

Timeline
15 hours ago, V and O :) said:

I paid on Saturday , March 3rd (needed to pass 2-3 business day as it says until you AOS fee change from in process to paid ) So on tuesday 5th has changed to paid , but didn't get yet IV fee

Exactly, same here. My AoS status changed to paid, but I still dont get the IV fee. Are they going to send that bill by email notification too?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Diana f said:

Exactly, same here. My AoS status changed to paid, but I still dont get the IV fee. Are they going to send that bill by email notification too?

I just called NVC and was told they have to review DS-261 before IV bill can be paid it will show but unless they have finished the review and you have gotten the email to pay the IV bill you will not be able to, so call them and ask them to review your agent choice to speed it up. 

Edited by Khallaf

10 hours ago, H&H. said:

i just called them and no case # yet for me....

I just called them and no case # yet as expected. 

they supposedly put a supervisor note on it on February 28th when in fact I called on Feb 15th n escalated it. Apparently they DIDNT do it on that day. I would be so freaking pissed if I get pushed 2 weeks back!

Supposedly it is in line to be worked on...I wonder how long the damn line is!

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

I just called NVC and was told they have to review DS-261 before IV bill can be paid it will show but unless they have finished the review and you have gotten the email to pay the IV bill you will not be able to, so call them and ask them to review your agent choice to speed it up. 

Thank you. I hope they are open today.

On 3/8/2018 at 8:30 AM, Muhammadsheikhale said:

NVC received my case on Feb 13 and has not assigned a case # yet :( 

what is your recommendation guys? should I ask to escalate to a supervisor? I read somewhere that it takes weeks until a supervisor looks at the request! :(

NOA2 26th Dec. NVC recieved 10th january. sent to supervisor somewhere between 3 weeks ago. still no case number. whenever we call they dont give any reliable answer. complaining to lawyer , she went on 2 weeks spring break. i suggest  keep calling NVC. wait for another while they may assign a case number for you . but if you request for supervisor . they may take another 6 weeks. but it's just an idea. since i'm stuck in that as well. 

On 3/8/2018 at 12:05 PM, CaliRose said:

good for you I still waiting from 23th  of Jan :(((((((((((((  and now they are closed for a few days 

anyone know why this year is taking soooo long.

waiting since 26th December :( why are they closed any idea? 

On 3/8/2018 at 5:17 PM, aywang said:

Anybody with a pivot case got their case numbers lately? The last time I heard was someone from January 8th getting theirs 2 weeks ago. Any movement since then? 

islamabad . probably pivot? idk.   NVC received 10th jan. no # yet. 

22 hours ago, ABK said:

:( I thought only pivot cases are taking longer....I think my case is a pivot case that'll be going to Islamabad. I haven't seen my husband since 10 months. :(

ik it's frustrating. same here. for me it's been 11 month since i last seen my wife :( depression taking over now.

20 minutes ago, H-S said:

They were closed for almost a day because of the snowstorm.

1 minute ago, H-S said:

islamabad . probably pivot? idk.   NVC received 10th jan. no # yet. 

Islamabad is pivot. Sometimes I wish my consulate didn’t get switched to pivot (only switched since December!)

Timeline
32 minutes ago, H-S said:

NOA2 26th Dec. NVC recieved 10th january. sent to supervisor somewhere between 3 weeks ago. still no case number. whenever we call they dont give any reliable answer. complaining to lawyer , she went on 2 weeks spring break. i suggest  keep calling NVC. wait for another while they may assign a case number for you . but if you request for supervisor . they may take another 6 weeks. but it's just an idea. since i'm stuck in that as well. 

They were closed due to snowstorm the day before yesterday. I think they are open today.

Edited by ABK

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.