dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2018

2,156 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline
Just now, Muhammadsheikhale said:

Yesterday I went to a tax office in my town and asked about my options. The guy told me that in 2015 there was a new law that says if I want to amend, I won't be able to add my wife since she does not have a SSN at the time of filing. I was planning to file as married separately. 

Ugh, that's a bummer. Thanks for your answer!

N-400 (Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/10/21: Case received

06/10/21: NOA

08/06/21: Biometrics

12/10/21: Interview scheduled

01/21/22: Interview

01/24/22: Approved!

02/17/22: Oath Ceremony!!

ROC (Service Center: National Benefit Center MSC, Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/17/20: Case received

06/30/20: NOA

07/02/21: Biometrics

01/21/22: Interview (combo with N-400)

01/24/22: Approved!

CR-1 Visa (Service Center: Nebraska - Consulate: Belgium)

Spoiler

07/31/17: I-130 Priority date

08/02/17: I-130 NOA1

02/26/18: I-130 NOA2

03/15/18: NVC Received (Pivot)

06/12/18: NVC Case complete

07/26/18: Interview, approved!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

okay so with that, my recommendation is simple but first a few questions.

if you know anyone who is going to be coming back to USA, have them bring back to you a certified copy of her passport given by the issuing agency, or the original passport. there are other documents that would work as well please check the list on the W7 instructions.

IF you do not get the case # in time before the tax deadline, you will have no choice but to file it anyway losing out. it took less than 1 month to get my husband passport back to me in the mail, meanwhile they are still processing the tax return as I sent a letter expressing the need to have it returned as soon as it was verified, and put in a prepaid return envelope, I mailed mine to Texas because I could not find a CAA here in my state who would fill the paper without charging me 200.00.

you can call NVC when they are open and ask them what would happen if you wanted to file an extension.

I appreciate your advise brother. The problem is I am not sure if Syria would issue such a document :( it is kind of complicated with the war going on. I guess it is best to call the NVC. I am kind of afraid to get her passport from Syrian and it gets lost when sending it to the IRS :( 

Thank you for the advise though, really appreciated. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Muhammadsheikhale said:

I appreciate your advise brother. The problem is I am not sure if Syria would issue such a document :( it is kind of complicated with the war going on. I guess it is best to call the NVC. I am kind of afraid to get her passport from Syrian and it gets lost when sending it to the IRS :( 

Thank you for the advise though, really appreciated. 

there are other forms that are acceptable as well, is there a syrian embassy in the USA, I thought I heard something about them being closed.

you can call them and see how to get certified documents to submit for your taxes as well.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Khallaf said:

is your case # 3 letters and then 10 numbers?

sorry if I upset you just trying to help

Lol your not upsetting me nvc is ..And yes it's 3 letters and 10 numbers I have invoice as well which is 8 digits it's correct nvc just did something wrong or they haven't set me up to use their system smh..

Edited by SashaFiERCE24

Timeline
2 minutes ago, SashaFiERCE24 said:

Lol your not upsetting me nvc is ..And yes it's 3 letters and 10 numbers I have invoice as well which is 8 digits it'

just thought as someone else missed a digit the other day, so wanted to make sure,  :)

Anxiety causes me to worry if my questions will be upsetting to another. sorry

Edited by Khallaf

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

there are other forms that are acceptable as well, is there a syrian embassy in the USA, I thought I heard something about them being closed.

you can call them and see how to get certified documents to submit for your taxes as well.

nope :( no embassy here. I guess I need to do some more research and see what can be done. 

Thanks man

Timeline
16 minutes ago, peachouille said:

it is a bummer, i know :( please let me know if you find out something new. :) 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Muhammadsheikhale said:

nope :( no embassy here. I guess I need to do some more research and see what can be done. 

Thanks man

:P btw I am the wife, no man here hahah

look at the W7 and see what is on that list that she can send you in the mail and then you can mail off your return to apply for ITIN number for her

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline
2 hours ago, V and O :) said:

Me neither , I am wondering about the same . But in the most cases ,it's after 7 days once you pay AOS 

What is your AOS bill paid date?

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

:P btw I am the wife, no man here hahah

look at the W7 and see what is on that list that she can send you in the mail and then you can mail off your return to apply for ITIN number for her

thanks for the info sister ;) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Inder Sidhu said:

Did u do 261 via phone? They did 261 for me and it was very quick. Not sure whom they added as agent, I told them to set me as agent. I can not see information in account now.. Rep did not ask me address and email for agent info..

Hello Inder, 

NVC received my case on 02/15. I am awaiting Welcome Letter and Case # for further proceedings. 

Should you fill the DS 261 via phone? Is that so? Kindly elaborate! 

So get your case #, call them fill the DS 261 with the customer service and pay the fee online? Let me know the process plz. 

10 minutes ago, MonJay said:

Hello Inder, 

NVC received my case on 02/15. I am awaiting Welcome Letter and Case # for further proceedings. 

Should you fill the DS 261 via phone? Is that so? Kindly elaborate! 

So get your case #, call them fill the DS 261 with the customer service and pay the fee online? Let me know the process plz. 

Do you have your case number yet?

once you have it, log in and fill the form ds261 online, then call NVC so they can review the form over the phone for you. Then pay all the fees online whenever it is available to pay.

NSC

NOA1: 03 JUL 2017

NOA2: 31 JAN 2018

NVC RECEIVED: FEB 15 2018

CASE #: MAR 21 2018

DS261: MAR 24 2018

AOS PAY: MAR 27 2018, "PAID" MAR 29 2018

IV PAY: MAR 29 2018

SD: APR 05 2018

CC: APR 17 2018

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Muhammadsheikhale said:

Thanks man

from state website....
Extensions: If you filed an extension for the most recent tax year, submit a photocopy of your IRS Form 4868  (PDF - 509 KB) or write and sign a statement indicating you filed an extension.

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Timeline
1 hour ago, peachouille said:

yeah i wish someone told me this before i filed as separate. i spoke with so many tax professionals and told them what i was gonna do and nobody mentioned u cant do that and i did lots of research online too. but at the same time, getting itin is hard because u need original documents and my spouse will need passport for her interview or will delay it even more.

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, ABK said:

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/ISL_Islamabad.pdf

The info on this link says police certificate is not required for Pakistan if you are older than 16 yrs.

I read that it's not required so i didn't get one. I asked someone who is from Pakistan and they have been scheduled their interview and they didn't send a police certificate and the embassy didn't ask for it either.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.